Thread: TRX

TRX

Anyone doing this?

I am not a huge fan of trendy fitness crap, but this thing rocks. I can do it at the gym, at home, on the road, etc.
    My gym has a 3 day intro class that they require. After that, you can just use it when you want.

This thing is a total core workout. No matter what you are "targeting", the core is engaged.
    I use this, the Kinesis machines, and some kettle balls or sandbags. Finish it up with a 2000 meter row, and I am good.

I'm gonna stick with this format for about 3 months, and see what's up at that point.

Anyone have any workouts or anything? I am specifically doing whole body core stuff right now.

Started using this last fall with a home made ghetto TRX. Been quite pleased with the results, particularly improved core strength and balance. As for workouts there are a lot on YouTube and on the TRX website. I do primarily whole body but was surprised with the ability to isolate when required.

I am diggin the trx thing. It's been a nice mix up to the normal routine.

I have the Jungle Gym, very similar product, and love it's simplicity and the ability to ramp up the degree of difficulty.

Bart Conners got nuthin' on me

Is that anything like the shake weight?
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    Is that anything like the shake weight?
    It's more like a sex swing starter kit for virgins.

Started TRX today, but not sure how it works. I I am doing 2-3 reps of basic training and holding each for 20 seconds. It didn't feel like anything, other than a great full body stretch (which these old bones/muscles certainly need).
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix