Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    pretty sure the helio-chopter crashes at 1:43

really good cinematography and jesus he's good

Bump - the trailer looks sick!

Possibly the most beautiful and jaw dropping ski footage I have ever seen.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

spook Guest
    I don't know shit about skiing, but from the first moment I saw the trailer for Candide kamera, he looked completely different from any other skier. to me it looks like he sees the mountain on a different scale, skis faster and is more comfortable airborne and vertical than anybody i've seen in my limited experience.

Loved the stand-off with the wolf at 2:18... and holy-shit at 2:28 (climbing up steeeeeep chute).

Always enjoy his stuff.
    "Go Balls Deep!"

I can't wait for this to be out on itunes. Anyone have an idea when it will be available? Or if the DVD will be available sooner? I really want to see this.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Looks like it was filmed in Instagram. The snow phallus-head-chopping-off part was super sick.

Seriously, though... stoked to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by iscariot View Post
    I dunno...I mean he was kinda flailing his arms...
    Yeah I can't even believe Candide is a pro I'm way better than he is.
    "Leave No Turn UnStoned" credit to JS Exhibition Top Shack
    " Short Skis Still Suck " credit to Kaprun West Ski Shop
    In memory of Steve Taylor died December 7, 1989
    Dem Is The Mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    I can't wait for this to be out on itunes. Anyone have an idea when it will be available? Or if the DVD will be available sooner? I really want to see this.
    The producers deserve credit for worst marketing ever (at least outside of France) on this project. Impossible to find info on tour/release dates for this project and no official website it seems. They don't respond to people asking on the Facebook page either. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    The producers deserve credit for worst marketing ever
    Agreed. It took me 20 minutes digging to find out they haven't released any US tour dates.

RAD

ya that chute or what ever at 2:28=gnar

Then it got even more gnar-er at 2:33 where was he going? it looked huge
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Anyone found a definitive US tour date list yet, or does one even exist?

Looks like the DVD release is set for December?

The one good thing about trying to find info on this movie is being able to brush up on my French reading through the movie's FB page. I'd still rather just see the movie though.
    I still call it The Jake.

There's an interview somewhere on powder.com (I think) with Candide, there will be a DVD/Blu-ray/iTunes release in December and US tour as well after the Euro tour wraps up. Can't wait.

edit: found it http://www.powdermag.com/stories/candide-few-words/

it gets harder every year to get stoked about ski movies with so many coming out but this one looks primo

Why does he flail his arms so much?
    Dollar sign that bitch.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Finally got the Blu-ray disc, took forever for release in North America for some reason (still not on iTunes).

About 1/3rd is new material, lots of big mountain in B.C. at high speed, pillow domination and a crazy segment from his home mountain as a natural terrain park. The music is amazing and fits very well with each segment. Interviews and history on Candide highlight why he is one of the best (if not best) freestyle skier of all time (X-Games gold in 3 disciplines, first to clear Chad's Gap, first D-Spin 7 over Chad's, 810 to rail, Candide Invitationals/injury, comeback to win the fucking Freeride World Tour in his FIRST SEASON).

Filming/cinematography/editing is really spot on too, the hour flies back, watched it twice already.

Highly recommend this movie.

Just saw the full movie. Holy fucking shit indeed. Movie of the year, no contest.

any Euro guys want to check Itunes euroland? I bet it is out (Facebook page says dec iTunes), does not mean it will be available to us NORAMERICANS.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Finally got the Blu-ray disc, took forever for release in North America for some reason (still not on iTunes).

About 1/3rd is new material, lots of big mountain in B.C. at high speed, pillow domination and a crazy segment from his home mountain as a natural terrain park. The music is amazing and fits very well with each segment. Interviews and history on Candide highlight why he is one of the best (if not best) freestyle skier of all time (X-Games gold in 3 disciplines, first to clear Chad's Gap, first D-Spin 7 over Chad's, 810 to rail, Candide Invitationals/injury, comeback to win the fucking Freeride World Tour in his FIRST SEASON).

Filming/cinematography/editing is really spot on too, the hour flies back, watched it twice already.

Highly recommend this movie.
    Rad. Where did you order it?

cant wait for iTunes....I dont even ski and this guy is amazing.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

from the few words fb page.

"Thanks for your patience everyone, we've just had word back from our friends at iTunes and they've scheduled a release date for the last week of January.

If you're in Europe, you can get your hands on a copy in our stores, FNAC and at quiksilver.com (http://tinyurl.com/cm8kl2e)"

hands down the best ski movie I've ever watched.

Last week of January? How fucking long does it take to upload a movie on there?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Rad. Where did you order it?
    Quiksilver store in Whistler, didn't want to wait forever for iTunes, and in my opinion a film of this quality deserves Blu-ray and not compressed streaming.

Other options:

http://www.amazon.com/Few-Words-Blu-...ords=few+words
    http://www.sportsflicks.com/products...de-Thovex.html

Quiksilver store in Whistler, didn't want to wait forever for iTunes, and in my opinion a film of this quality deserves Blu-ray and not compressed streaming.

Other options:

http://www.amazon.com/Few-Words-Blu-...ords=few+words
    http://www.sportsflicks.com/products...de-Thovex.html
    Thanks!