Oregon Rafting Beta

The girlfriend and I are heading out to Oregon in mid August, and we want to do some whitewater rafting. Looking for some advice from the whitewater community on where to do it, and what company to go with. We are looking for a 1 day trip with challenging/fun rapids. Read: No Nancy/lame runs. Thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

Where in Oregon are you looking to go?

I have done the Upper Klamath a few times and it is pretty fun. Noah's is the name of the outfit I have used before. They are great and give you a good ride. There is some down time but its not excessive.

yeah ditto on the Upper K. Guided that run for many years. Super fun, IV+ to V, action Packed, warm water, and steep gradient. Full day including the drives. Stay in Ashland. Go with Noahs, Rogue-Klamath River Adventures (I worked for them), or maybe Momentum, avoid the rest.

deschutes is good of course but busy and beginnerish

skip the Mackenzie, Umpqua, etc., if you're headed out of Portland/Eugene better to just drive up to the White Salmon

Rogue - wild and scenic section (2-4 day trip) is one of the best in the country. If you have the time/$$

Yup, Upper Klamath again. 14 mile river run on a full-day out of Ashland. I am currently working for Momentum and think we do a world class trip, check out the website at www.momentumriverexpeditions.com . For a comparison check out Noah's, also running quality trips.