Home (aka western mass)

I flew home last week for my yearly visit. Lots of time spent with friends and family but also some solo time with the camera around the places I grew up.

Don't have much in the way of critiques for you, but I really enjoyed the video. Nice music choice. You from Shelburne Falls?

Cool vid well put together. Not sure what you what you used for the airplane shots, but theres an iphone app called dollycam thats perfect for that, smooths things out pretty good. Whats the music?

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

I liked it. Good vibe. Only gripe I have is the shakiness of it which is inherent with most dslr videos if no rig is used and you're not used to standard shooting movements. But again, I liked it a lot. I just noticed it, it didn't bother me.

I'm from Ashfield, the town over from Shelburne Falls. In the past I've lived in Shelburne on and off for probably 5 years. It's such an awesome little town with a ton of character. I probably didn't do it justice so if you're ever in the area be sure to check it out.

Everything was shot on a 5d2 and almost all of the shots were handheld. It's very tough to hold a camera steady as a plane is landing. Since I was traveling all I had with me for a tripod was a gorillapod.

I grew up in Pittsfield, MA until I was 11 and visited in summer until 15. I love the Berkshires!

Nice video dfinn. Makes me want to get back east for a while.

It's a nice place to visit.

That was really cool. I'll repeat the sentiment - good vibe. Never been to the area, but definitely would like to some day.