Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I was with Lee Duquet when he did 21 hits of blotter and one hit of windowpane for his 21st birthday. He was able to carry on a conversation pretty normally, actually. But he used to drop for football practice so he was used to it. That was a wild child, holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Years and years ago, I watched a guy hork a cottony bowlful of R19 at a Santa Cruz house party.
    hork = eat? He ate a bunch of insulation? If so that must have been comfortable for him, well maybe even until this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    hork = eat? He ate a bunch of insulation? If so that must have been comfortable for him, well maybe even until this day.
    Different kind of bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    That beats the hell out of my driving out to Dead Shows (like Oakland, etc) to score. It was fun being a small business. Hard to give up money for sitting around getting high all day everyday. Money is pretty addicting but the hardest thing to do is the smartest thing to do which is to quit dealing (long ago and past statute).
    I was at Summer Solstice '89 at Shoreline, my only Dead show. After 6 steps upon entering the show's gates, I was greeted by an amazingly beautiful woman with a bowl of dosed popcorn, free samples. Strangely, she had a line behind her, which looked like pigeons looking for feed. She squarely asked me if I would like to try, and also seemed to ignore my 5 friends crowding around too.....I mean, it was a Dead show after all .....
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I was with Lee Duquet when he did 21 hits of blotter and one hit of windowpane for his 21st birthday. He was able to carry on a conversation pretty normally, actually. But he used to drop for football practice so he was used to it. That was a wild child, holy shit.
    My roommate can be a real idiot at times.

We had a visine bottle with a little liquid acid in it. This was actually the last acid I ever was able to buy and it was pretty good stuff. There wasn't a lot left but probably 10-12 drops - a couple drops each for five guys and I thought we were saving it for a summer camping trip which is really the best time to trip.

For some reason he decided he wanted to get really high while he was home by himself. I came home to find him sitting on the couch, rocking back and forth and grunting/humming. He'd cut the top off the bottle and licked it clean. He could barely talk. I didn't want to spend the rest of the night with this zombie in my house so hauled him down to the park and made him walk around for the next few hours. The activity and cold air seemed to help, he was able to communicate reasonably well after an hour or so and had come down enough in 3 hours that I could take him home and not worry about what he might do.

Never have understood why he'd do that. Not only was it getting real hard to find at that point but we all knew damn well that two drops would send you on one helluva trip and why would you want to get higher than you've ever been before when you're home alone?
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Probably drunk when he did it I bet. Seemed like a good idea at the time, and all.

Reality is for those who can't face drugs.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Funny when I used to sell sheets some of my close friends used to ask me for a hit. I'd always laugh and say I'll sell you a hit or I'll give you a ten strip if you eat it all. My friends ate ten strips pretty often of high quality stuff and seemed to handle it well. I guess you get a tolerance but it wears off in a week or so. Not sure how they could eat a ten strip cause the most I would ever eat was two and I tripped balls. I always kept them baked all day so maybe that helped.

Not sure I would recommend window pane during lunch when your next 2 periods are French and Typing....
    Move upside and let the man go through...

I once had someone puke on the arm of my leather jacket when I was dosed at school. I was going by the restroom and thought somebody sneezed. Didn't think anything of it until I opened my locker and looked at my arm. I have a really weak stomach. Talk about panic. I had no idea what to do. I just couldn't clean it all off so I had to drop my jacket off in the office. They must have loved that. Talk about bad luck though. That was the only time I dosed at high school.
    Last edited by Crass3000; 04-28-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Famous quote (my brother, at Thanksgiving): "Careful Dad, the turkey's melting."

My favorite LSD quote was from my old roommate from Argentina (her name was Macarena, like the song/dance) that didn't really understand what "tripping" was. (she was not partaking..)

Just as we started to get that sort of anxious, excited feeling as it starts to kick in, one of our other friends walked in, and Macarena asks, "Will Matt be traveling with you tonight?"

Probably, you had to be there...

Once my three strip flew off my tongue and landed on the teachers papers, quick like a ninja I scooped it right up and ate it quick like. Second three strip of the day.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Famous quote (my brother, at Thanksgiving): "Careful Dad, the turkey's melting."
    hilarious.

bumpity bump bump

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...trip-treatment

to fathom hell or soar angelic, take a pinch of psychedelic

I started that article last night. Near the beginning they talk about a trial at Harvard in 1962 where 10 guys got acid and 10 guys got nicotinic acid and they had to stop the trial because one guy freaked out and had to be given Thorazine to calm him down. Fairly sure that guy was my Dad.

At least I know he was in an LSD trial at Harvard in that time frame and it had to be stopped because of him losing his shit, but he always said that after they stopped the trial they broke the code to see who was on acid and who had the placebo and they discovered that he was on the placebo!

too funny

I tripped a lot in the day, and I think I will pass on my way out.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post

I tripped a lot in the day, and I think I will pass on my way out.
    ditto. I still think heroin is the way to go.

Heroin (like opium and morphine) is made from the resin of poppy plants. Milky, sap-like opium is first removed from the pod of the poppy flower. This opium is refined to make morphine, then further refined into different forms of heroin.

I think I would like to go out smoking opium, but hey, strokes for folks, but tripping is out. I remember the last time I got really high, I couldn't wait to come to down. I out grew it many years ago...I have had a blast getting a tingle or two and skiing pow since, but even that has been over 25 years

I started that article last night. Near the beginning they talk about a trial at Harvard in 1962 where 10 guys got acid and 10 guys got nicotinic acid and they had to stop the trial because one guy freaked out and had to be given Thorazine to calm him down. Fairly sure that guy was my Dad.

At least I know he was in an LSD trial at Harvard in that time frame and it had to be stopped because of him losing his shit, but he always said that after they stopped the trial they broke the code to see who was on acid and who had the placebo and they discovered that he was on the placebo!
    Iceman's dad freaked out on placebo....hilarious.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

One thing about my Dad was he could laugh at himself, and he did.

Last line from the New Yorker:
    “We are all terminal,” Griffiths said. “We’re all dealing with death. This will be far too valuable to limit to sick people.” ♦
    So true.
    Never felt so in tune with the universe.
    Whatever the research,read Aldous Huxley.
    Its the way to go
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” HST

My mom's mental health is declining due to Alzheimers....is there any reason she shouldn't drink a cup or two of 'Shroom or peyote tea.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    My mom's mental health is declining due to Alzheimers....is there any reason she shouldn't drink a cup or two of 'Shroom or peyote tea.
    I wouldnt do that.she could be very confused and afraid.
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” HST

Unlike now...where she's very confused, and afraid???
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.