Page 329 of 401 FirstFirst ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,225 of 10021

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

I've been a 0-5 handicap forever and my tee to green game is excellent. R graphite shafts through the bag except wedges (just switched irons from R steel to graphite due to bad back). What is your swing speed and how much do you load the shaft? I don't load the shaft much because I have short backswing and don't turn that much...never have. The Titleist branded R shaft is pretty stiff unlike a Callaway but the labeling is moot. Shaft weight is just as important. I like my ball flight with shafts I use now although my irons do go a bit higher.

Fwiw my fastest driver speed is about 104. Imo, you can get good ideas for regular amateur golf from what the LPGA players use. What's your driver distance?

My biggest frustration is consistency (ie 38 front, 46 back the other day with missed birdies and wheels falling off on the back). So for no other reason than 'reducing perceived variables' I think getting either the NV or Phenom makes sense. I'm reworking my set ups and swing path, because apparently I've been compensating for incorrect set ups (too left) which leads to variable directions and trajectories.

Regarding flight, I get comments on a high flight compared to others. (Sometimes line drives.) For driver distance (at elevation and hilly golf course) frequently 250-260, often 280ish and once in a blue moon 300+. Driving is the most consistent part of my game. Usually straight, but plenty of fades, slices and hard left liners that go. For speed, I need to get back to you on that. Another gauge is 180ish with a 6 and often 220-230 with the 19° Hybrid. I like the feel of the Phenom on that hydrid and the NV on the irons when all the stars align and I swing and connect properly.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

You have enough swing speed to justify a stiff shaft with those distances. Good luck.

For example: Jin Young Ko average drive is 256. She uses shaft designed for 80mph speed. https://tptgolf.com/products/

18 LKP-MT-SW 55g driver

Aerotech j88 84g R irons

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My swing speed is 100-105ish, I guess. The stiff shafts definitely feel more 'right' than my previous set of regulars.

Thanks for all the insights. I need to spend more time on the range and focus more on the finer points, rhythm and consistency. Working on chipping definitely helps with approach shot confidence. Now I realize I have more likelihood of recoveries around missed greens and can relax.
    Last edited by Alpinord; 11-21-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

I have a couple regular playing partners that start rounds well and fade every single round. Why? They don’t have control of their swing and when they get just a little bit tired, as we all do, their swings unravel and they have no clue where the ball is going.

I'd bet they start losing it by pushing shots. Slice or push. Am l right?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I definitely fade off if I don't eat before and during a round. One friend says that 9 is too short, 18 is too long and 14 is about right......especially if you are playing behind sloths.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Playing with the over 70 crowd is see the fade about the 7th hole. IMO, late in the round dehydration effects the brain and legs get tired too. I generally try to aim a bit left as a fix. Used to be around the 15th hole, now it's at the turn.

No, their swings are crap to start with but they get by for a while on adjustments that get the face reasonably square. LOFT eventually takes over which is a Lack Of Fucking Talent.

No, sorry, you're full of shit. I play with a lot of people who haven't developed a good game and tell me how much fun it was to play with me. Talent comes from hitting 10,000 balls like you and I have been lucky to do. But this is TGR. Dick wavers abound.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    No, sorry, you're full of shit. I play with a lot of people who haven't developed a good game and tell me how much fun it was to play with me. Talent comes from hitting 10,000 balls like you and I have been lucky to do. But this is TGR. Dick wavers abound.
    I’m not seeing your point. I’m telling you the reasons their swings don’t hold up through the round is because they aren’t fundamentally sound to start with. Not simply fatigue. The difference is, someone with a fundamentally sound swing can usually adjust to fatigue and problems whereas someone that doesn’t just goes off the rails. It has nothing to do with whether the round was fun or if I enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I’m not seeing your point. .
    Maybe because we are talking about different things? Agree that if you DO have a sound swing you will be less fatigued both physically and mentally and play better. If you DON'T have a sound swing and drink beer instead of water and play the wrong tees your game will go to shit. If I played with 4matic without a sound swing and try to keep up I'd probably blowup the back 9.

Just saying that for years I've made the observation and adjusted to the fade at the end of a round.

Walked 18 for the 1st time this year hooked up with a 7HC Sound swing and 7hc short game. He didn't drink water and pushed 3 of the last 4 tee shots and his approach to 18.

I didn't keep score but had 2 birds and a few pars and only about 10 quality solid swings with a good follow through. Hit some on the range today and every one was sweet and pure and full. Working on getting my solid swing back cause my 70 yo legs are what they are.

It's not how, it's how many.

Walked 18 for the 1st time this year hooked up with a 7HC Sound swing and 7hc short game. He didn't drink water and pushed 3 of the last 4 tee shots and his approach to 18.
    Didn't even think about the walking vs the cart factor since we walk all of the time. An 18 is on the order of 5 to 6 miles. More if you are zig zagging looking for balls.....we also have a couple hundred feet or more of vertical in eighteen. Sitting in a cart is a piece of cake by comparison.

Getting PO'd after a a bad shot or two definitely snowballs on you as does fatigue. One bad hole from one bad shot or poor decision making can 'ruin' a round.

Name:  don_t_cry.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  60.8 KB
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post

Getting PO'd after a a bad shot or two definitely snowballs on you as does fatigue. One bad hole from one bad shot or poor decision making can 'ruin' a round.
    Ha! When I was where you are at I was the same. When I was where you are I was playing with a older guy with a good game and after a bad shot and some bad words he called me over to him and said "Wolley, I've watched your game and you're not good enough to get mad". He made me realize every out burst cost me another shot someplace.

Bobby Jones was the same and fixed it so we're in good company.

Ha! When I was where you are at I was the same. When I was where you are I was playing with a older guy with a good game and after a bad shot and some bad words he called me over to him and said "Wolley, I've watched your game and you're not good enough to get mad". He made me realize every out burst cost me another shot someplace.

I joined the club my grandfather had been a member of for 25+yrs when I was in my late 20s since they were desperate for younger members and basically made it almost free to join knowing they could get plenty of bar $ out of 35 and under members. He was still a low teens HC in his early 70s (was a single digit well in to his 60s) and he had a similar conversation with me one round shortly after I joined. He said you shouldn't get mad about your bad shots (which were/still are many), you're not good enough to beat an old man so you should be more upset about that...put me in my place damn quick!

A friend uses that line a bunch. Along with: "Face it. We suck."
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

High cut 9i from potentially last round of the year last week.

New irons arrive this week so praying for another warm spell in Dec before ground freezes too deep to matter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0130.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	687.0 KB 
ID:	304385

Name:	IMG_0131.JPG 
Size:	681.5 KB 
ID:	304386

Name:	IMG_0132.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	683.3 KB 
ID:	304391

Name:	IMG_0133.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	677.1 KB 
ID:	304392

Name:	IMG_0134.JPG 
Size:	679.6 KB 
ID:	304393

Name:	IMG_0135.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	687.6 KB 
ID:	304394

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

You look Marvelous, darling. (Old SNL line) I have that same swing ..............on the driving range.

Golf doesn’t look hard for Booner.

They finally arrived. They're like art...so clean.

The MBs are so nice looking I'm not sure I shouldn't just put them in a case on the wall

Name:	IMG_0154.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	892.9 KB 
ID:	304669

Name:	IMG_0161.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	304672

Name:	IMG_0164.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	304677

Name:	IMG_0160.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	304673

Name:	IMG_0159.JPG 
Size:	629.0 KB 
ID:	304674

Name:	IMG_0158.JPG 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	304670

Name:	IMG_0157.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	304675

Name:	IMG_0156.JPG 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	304676

^

Mmmm, shiny new goodness!

Slowly switching from my rtx wedges to cbx. Started with a 56 late this season and going to add a 52 next. Not sure I can give up my rtx 3 60 though, not sure that club can ever be improved on.

New putter might make my 3 putts go away...

Or practice chipping?

Got out and walked 18. Hooked up with two thirtysometings. Wind gusting to 35 made it interesting. 3 wood off the tee and a cut 9 iron to 3 feet for a bird was the hole of the day. Looking at this pic on the computer, it's about how I see it with cataracts and wind watery eyes. Surgery next month will up my game.

Name:	DSCN3128 (1).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	305093

A quick photo dump from an afternoon and full day at the Mayakoba USGA tourney in Playa del Carmen. Summary- a super fun tournament, with a decent field now that it counts for FedEx Cup points. Nobody there, my gallery following GMac Saturday was a dozen people, four were his wife and her friends and Kisner’s wife. Tickets were $15-25, food was cheap, beers were $4. Interesting course with cenotes in two fairways and two holes by the ocean. I’ve already signed up as a walking scorer for next year!

Name:	IMG_1801.JPG 
Size:	351.6 KB 
ID:	306177

Kuch and GMac on Sunday

Name:	IMG_1802.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	223.2 KB 
ID:	306179

After hitting this shot (no zoom, he was five feet away) Kuch walked up and said hi, big smile and fist bump. Two putts for his par, walked up to the par-3 8th and aced it!!

Name:	IMG_1805.JPG 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	306180

18th green with an hour left on Sunday.

Name:	IMG_1817.JPG 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	306182

The free margarita stand on 15. I had two on Saturday as I thought I was sneaking them, Sunday I found out the were free and had seven, a shot of Patron and took two beers with me. Oh yeah, that's Trevor Immelman doing commentary for NBC. Chatted with him on the course as well.

Name:	IMG_1780.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	306178

Monkeys!

Name:	IMG_1797.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	304.8 KB 
ID:	306183

It was a blast and so chill.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's