Page 377 of 401 FirstFirst ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,425 of 10021
    I don’t know how this happened but my ballot got picked among 1.3 million applicants.
    The 150th Open at St Andrews, here I come!!

This dumbass (me) got a hole-in-one on Friday. 181 slightly uphill, into the wind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HiO.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	491.9 KB 
ID:	389413

Congrats Root! That is a long distance one!

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    My wife and step daughter decided to follow my son and me when we played 9 after having a few beers yesterday afternoon. I didn’t see it but my buddy texted this morning that they drove their cart up the ramp and over the 8th green.

I think we have to change clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I caught some guys doing that at my semi private. Called it in to the clubhouse and then the cops busted them for dui when they were driving out of the parking lot.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    This dumbass (me) got a hole-in-one on Friday. 181 slightly uphill, into the wind.

I wore the red white and blue saddles in high school. I gave them to a kid on my football team years later and he was was still wearing them more than a decade later

Nice shot!

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    My wife and step daughter decided to follow my son and me when we played 9 after having a few beers yesterday afternoon. I didn’t see it but my buddy texted this morning that they drove their cart up the ramp and over the 8th green.

I think we have to change clubs.

Holy fucking shit. I would probably just quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    You have a good swing
    Thanks! I've really been working on my tempo and hip movement this season and it's paying off.

Congrats! That's a seriously long HIO! What was that, a smooth 9-iron for you?

Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    Congrats! That's a seriously long HIO! What was that, a smooth 9-iron for you?
    Ha. It was a 6h.

F yeah!
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Fantastic!!!
    Congrats!!

Where are the free drinks for us??!!

Holy fucking shit. I would probably just quit the game.
    probably should for a multitude of reasons.....It's my own fault, the cart GPS shuts the carts down all over the place so I turn it off usually, but that's a bad plan for clueless people, or players that don't respect where a cart should go. Very grateful I heard about it the next day when I wasn't tuned up.

Congrats on your ace, that's awesome!

Well it’s been a bit of a bust out here in NorCal to wrap up the end of summer. We got smoked out, then forced to evacuate, then it hailed and snowed and we have more of that on tap.

Booked a trip to the land of Tiki Idols and Pina Colada’s next month and have a few choice locations booked for some rounds. Family doesn’t really know it’s a “Golf Trip”

Kapalua Plantation
    Wailea Emerald
    Dunes

Trying to figure out if I can squeeze the Bay course without blowing my cover.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Finished the year w 31 rounds, goal was 50 before a late season ski injury kept me off the course for the first 2 months of the season. I haven't played any serious golf, nor done any practicing/lessons since 2016 so I'm very happy w the state of my game. Not having a job really takes a LOT, but not all the clutter off your mind. Finished this week w back to back 80s and my HI is at 12.5 down from 16 at one point this summer. Thinking of taking an indoor lesson every other week this winter to try and make some more swing improvements.

Hudson National was beautiful yesterday.
    Perfect fall golf with a great foursome.

Name:	Image1635173986.676122.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	390261 That was a giant storm in NorCal. Peacock under water.

Meadow Club could certainly use it. It’s practically dirt at this point. I have friends who are members who haven’t played there in months now.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Name:	Image1635258094.131763.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	390386 Still a mess but better now

What should one expect when getting fitted for irons?

I’ve been playing the same off the rack irons for the last 10 years.

Is a golf store like PGA Super Store or Golf Galaxy the way to go?

Will a fitting make that big of a difference?

Will I have sticker shock or will prices be somewhat in line with off the rack clubs?

Fitting is 100% worth. Huge impact for some, less so for others… but a must IMO.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post

Will I have sticker shock or will prices be somewhat in line with off the rack clubs?

I highly recommend Hot Stix fitters. Their fittters seem to stay w the company a long time and are very experienced. HS locations(seasonal) are outdoors w a trackman launch monitor. They have a unique system with every demo club head able to be connected to every demo shaft. At first you get a shaft dialed in with a test head. After getting 1 or 2 preferred shafts then the club heads are attached and you go through the shots, numbers and your feedback to pick a head.

As far as costs you'll pay for the fitting, a new set of irons(heads/shafts), the new set of shafts, grips, and then the build. HS then builds the clubs at their facility in AZ. The heads and shafts are weight sorted and matched. Shafts are trimmed to give to provide the correct stiffness for swing speed and tempo. Each club is built to match the others so every club has the same feel and performance as the others aka as "blueprinting." So yeah you will have sticker shock.

How big a difference can a fitting make? Well if you're fit badly now or your swing speed has changed or you're wanting to make a drastic change in the style of head(game improvement vs players)it could make a huge difference. I can tell you once this is done you wont be worrying about whether your setup is optimized for you. There is no way to know until you spend the money, but going to a big box store is not going to give you highest chance of success.

If you have a consistent swing it will make a huge difference. Check out Joe Kwok and comments on GolfWRX

https://www.joekwokgolf.com/fitting-philosophy.html

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post

It's nice to try a few different options to see what gives good numbers, fits your eye and feels good. And you may discover you need something a bit flat or upright, which will improve contact if needed.

My last fitting I went in to buy mizzy MP-20s and walked out with Cally Apex MB cause they felt better.

Most, if not all, take the fitting charge off of a purchase. Irons are about $1200 for 4-PW
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

No matter where you get fitted you can take the numbers and buy on your own; there is no obligation to buy.

Most manufacturers allow you to order custom clubs directly from them, and some shafts are available at no up-charge. Your fitter will either know (if it's a fitting from a specific manufacturer) or be able to look up what shafts are available at no up-charge and fit you into the best option if you tell them that in advance.

Fitting is definitely the way to go, just be clear with the fitter with regards to what you're looking to get out of the session.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    No matter where you get fitted you can take the numbers and buy on your own; there is no obligation to buy.
    Sure but for most fitters working at a retail place (including pro shops) you'll pay the same if you buy from them after a fitting versus getting the irons online, unless you are going used. This even applies to custom orders, especially from certain brands (e.g. Mizuno). You are going to pay the same price for custom through the fitter ordering from Mizuno as from Mizuno directly, so let the fitter/shop take their cut.