Page 305 of 402 FirstFirst ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,625 of 10029
    Starts where I aim and turns right!!!
    Argh!!

Beginning golfer - I hit my 7 iron 125, what am I doing wrong? Wise Old Golfer - Well, from what I can see, you're standing to close to the ball...........after you hit it.

"I’m working on weight shifting, downswing and contact."

I thought your weight shift looked fine and good contact will come with a good down swing. Two things that I see here. His elbows are closer and he has more "lag". His hands are a touch ahead of the clubhead at contact. Google "more lag in golf swing" and try some of the tips to see works for you. You'll gain 10 yds too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (103).png 
Views:	39 
Size:	805.7 KB 
ID:	278679

Name:  41XKyULPD0L._SX466_.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  18.2 KB
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Beginning golfer - I hit my 7 iron 125, what am I doing wrong? Wise Old Golfer - Well, from what I can see, you're standing to close to the ball...........after you hit it.

"I’m working on weight shifting, downswing and contact."

I thought your weight shift looked fine and good contact will come with a good down swing. Two things that I see here. His elbows are closer and he has more "lag". His hands are a touch ahead of the clubhead at contact. Google "more lag in golf swing" and try some of the tips to see works for you. You'll gain 10 yds too.

Name:	Screenshot (103).png 
Views:	39 
Size:	805.7 KB 
ID:	278679

Name:  41XKyULPD0L._SX466_.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  18.2 KB
    I know I have no lag!!!
    That’s what I want to improve along with the contact.
    I’ll do google search.
    Thank you for the tip!

Do not get obsessed with lag, it’s a function of other swing factors. Focus on tempo...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

More lag or less casting

Was that a real beer commercial???

^^ Yup. A lot of sports celebrities in that one. Times have changed....

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    To the right most the time.
    If I don’t pay attention, slice creeps right out.

I’m working on weight shifting, downswing and contact.

My chipping’s finally better.
    I can actually chip and hit wedges (most times).
    Thank god.
    Going to the right as in straight right or a banana slice (curved) to the right?

First thing I would do is go to the shop where you bought the driver and have them watch you swing it. Your grip may be weak which will allow it to slice. Your hips/shoulders may be too open to the target. You may not be finishing the swing, including not getting your weight over to the left foot, belly button pointed to the target when you finish. Have them look and let you know what they see. If that's not the problem, it might be the club. Many drivers are adjustable for direction and it may be set up wrong. Or, you may want to trade it (your shop should do so at no charge) for a draw-biased driver. They should work with you so that you're happy with the end result.

Shouldn’t be hitting driver until you can hit a 3 wood with control and preferred shot shape. It’s a complete waste of time hitting driver with no clue where it’s going. Keeping spin rate low is what makes a driver go further than 3 wood.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fluffing shots off the long plastic grass at the range is guaranteed to cause hitting the ball fat off grass. At the very least hit ball off the short cut mat.

You're standing too close to the ball.......after you hit it.

You guys are too much.
    Turning into older brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Fluffing shots off the long plastic grass at the range is guaranteed to cause hitting the ball fat off grass. At the very least hit ball off the short cut mat.
    I agree with you.
    My problem hitting fat is probably coming from practice too much on the carpet.
    When I play more on the course and been away from the driving range, I have a hard time hitting off the mat.
    Thanks for the tip.
    I’ll look for the shorter ones.

Be the ball
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Annoying older brothers.

first out 9 yesterday at 6:15, could barely see until 4, shot 48. first out 18 today at 6:15. finished in 2:30. 47-49: 96 on a day when i had nothing. the course is soggy and the greens were wet and i had 34 putts, which is typical but it was a struggle all day. i also could not hit shit straight off the tee. that said my wedge play has been great (obviously, for me) lately, my iron play has improved significantly since i got fitted. bunker play solid. i've been hitting the green or close with 5iron, hybrid, 3 wood with a more consistency when that situation arises. today i had one triple and nothing worse than a double. i lipped out a significant number of putts the past two days.

i hit driver, 3 wood and 3 hybrid at the range after 9 holes yesterday and hit them all really well. today i felt off from the start and still ground out a 96 playing quickly. it could have been better if not for 2 stupid water balls on the back.

anyway, my card expires in 5 weeks. i am not going to make breaking 90 the goal by then, because i don't do well in golf that way apparently. i've played with 3 different 4 handicaps lately who all basically shook their heads and said they can't believe i haven't broken 90. i said it's because i'm a choker and i'm slowly working my way out of it in golf. i feel like i am right there. i'm trying to get myself to expect a putt for birdie or par -- on in 2 or 3. it's hard after working so hard for so long to accept the idea that bogeys are my friend and play for bogey. they are in some situations but that should not be my goal. my chipping and wedge and iron play have been good enough that i am starting to feel more confident that even if my tee shot is off and i have to punch out, i will still have a chance for a par putt.

i have had a lot more looks at birdie and par in the past month than i have in a long time. i feel like i'm really close

played 18 but not all 18 because of the way the day went.

front 7 in +9 with 3 pars (alone)
    front 7 in +6 with 5 pars (with the boy and his buddy and dad)
    front 4 in +2 with 3 pars. (just dads while the boys are in academy)

+17 for 18 holes (86 on par 69).

11 pars in 18 holes is my best by a mile. 1 under bogey golf for 18 is my best ever.

of course, it doesn't count but it's still my best day playing ever. too bad for the shitty quad and 2 triples.

Played my first 9 of the year in a pick-up tournament. The new swing didn't make it onto the course. I should have hit a couple first to warm up. Thinned my first tee shot and spent the day making friends. 7 bogies and 2 pars. Missed 2 putts inside of 3 feet. When we finished one of the foursome was surprised at my score. He thought I'd shot much lower. Told him " I can make mediocre golf look effortless".

"Never try to follow a poor shot with a great shot. You won't pull it off"

Waikoloa Kings Course on the big island... fun course, brutal wind. Shot an 82 with 4 doubles.

Name:	IMG_9814.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	280147

Name:	IMG_9818.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	280148

Name:	IMG_9811.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	280149

I have something truly special lined up for tomorrow and will be posting lots of pics. Any guesses where?

Nice score. How many putts?

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Nice score. How many putts?
    A lot. Always takes me a round or two to get used to Bermuda greens.

Have no idea where would be but looking forward to see lots of photos!
    Hit it hard!!

Friday night league and my new swing was still MIA. 42 with 13 putts. Trees were kind to me today thank god.