Page 328 of 330 FirstFirst ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,200 of 8236
  1. #8176
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,468
    Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post

    Tell tale sign of how nasty mizzy irons are...vast majority of pros choose them when they're not contracted to use someone else
    That has to be a choice not to be under contract. My 23 yr old caddy is all Titleist and he competes on the low-level circuit.

  2. #8177
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    5,879
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    That has to be a choice not to be under contract. My 23 yr old caddy is all Titleist and he competes on the low-level circuit.
    Probably my second favorite mfg

    Mizuno, Titleist, TM are the kings imo
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

    BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

  3. #8178
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,074
    Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Wife just signed off on me buying new set of irons
    LFG!!!

    MP-20 combo set here we come

    Attachment 302337
    Awesome! Still playing my MP-60s...

  4. #8179
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    3,752
    Late night drinking costs me first few holes.
    Had no idea where the day was going to go.
    Driver and putter showed up back 9 and break my personal best 9.
    Never had two birdies within a round and realized what it takes to be a bogey player.
    Good day.



    肉豆蔻崔

  5. #8180
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    5,879

    Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

    Went in to fitting with Mizzy mp-20 in mind and left with these on order. Blade 7-PW...4-6 in player cavity.

    Sweet spot considerably bigger than mizuno and even softer feel if you can believe it

    Name:  IMG_9988.JPG
Views: 89
Size:  50.8 KB
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

    BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

  6. #8181
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,074
    Niiiice...you youngbloods still playing 4-irons...

  7. #8182
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,976
    Rory Mcilroy doesn't even carry a regular 4-iron anymore.

  8. #8183
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,458
    My revamped swing has me overpowering the noodle shaft on the System 3000 driver that I I've been playing since found it on the golf course 15 years ago. A guy at the bar offered to sell me his year old Titleist D17. Medium flex so right for me. Not sure if it's 1 or 2 or what the difference is. I could use the extra 10-15 yds off the tee to put eagles back on the card. Club looks a little gimicky to me with the adjustable weight. Anybody played it? Can you still work the ball or do the "game improvement" features compromise the workability?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  9. #8184
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Can you still work the ball or do the "game improvement" features compromise the workability?
    Are you saying you're a 10+ handicapper that wants to "work" your driver?

  10. #8185
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    2,988
    I was really "working" my driver yesterday, left , right, left , right, left , right....... really pleased that the found balls from the shag bag were in play. Were being the key factor. something clicked on back nine and I couldn't miss a fairway. Perhaps my gyroscope just was re calibrating...
    regards
    10 handicapper

  11. #8186
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,458
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Are you saying you're a 10+ handicapper that wants to "work" your driver?
    I'm a 12.4 that works the driver right and left as the hole dictates. Get it right maybe 70% of the time. I'm a 12.4 because my GIR is 2 for 9 because of my sloppy lazyass swing that I'm fixing.

    So yeah. Can you work that club if you set the dildo to neutral / straight?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  12. #8187
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    off on yet another Tangent
    Posts
    2,777
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Niiiice...you youngbloods still playing 4-irons...
    Ha! Not sure if I should laugh or cry after taking my 4 iron out of my bag AND looking at replacing it and the 5 iron with a 24° Hybrid. Love my 19, though. 1st it was the 2 & 3 and now this!
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

    SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Bike Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR
    BIKE TOOL BLOW OUT!

  13. #8188
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,976
    If you need to "work" a drive use three wood. Goal with driver trajectory is eliminate as much spin as possible so adding spin just defeats the purpose of hitting it. Any club can be worked.

  14. #8189
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,458
    Well that sucks. Thanks
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  15. #8190
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,976

    Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

    Consider cutting the shaft if it is 45. Start with 1/2 inch.

  16. #8191
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    5,879
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Consider cutting the shaft if it is 45. Start with 1/2 inch.
    Yes

    Nobody under 6-4 should be using 45" driver. I'm 6-2 and use 44.5. You'll hit club center more often and actually gain considerable avg distance.

    Pros typically play 44-44.5 drivers for reference, but they retail at 45-46 so they can claim longer distance
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

    BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

  17. #8192
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Ha! Not sure if I should laugh or cry after taking my 4 iron out of my bag AND looking at replacing it and the 5 iron with a 24° Hybrid. Love my 19, though. 1st it was the 2 & 3 and now this!
    Yep. At one point, I could hit a 2i off the tee and played my 3i off turf. Age and lack of playing time...

    Last 10 years to now? Not even a 4i. Have a 10-year old Tour Edge Exotics XCG ti 4H (21*). Love that thing.

    Thinking about something like these MP-20 HMBs for a 5-iron. 25*. Can’t find a 5H I like.

    http://golfalot.com/equipment-review...iew--4397.aspx

    Trying to buy a game on the margins...SMH...

  18. #8193
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    off on yet another Tangent
    Posts
    2,777
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Yep. At one point, I could hit a 2i off the tee and played my 3i off turf. Age and lack of playing time...

    Last 10 years to now? Not even a 4i. Have a 10-year old Tour Edge Exotics XCG ti 4H (21*). Love that thing.

    Thinking about something like these MP-20 HMBs for a 5-iron. 25*. Can’t find a 5H I like.

    http://golfalot.com/equipment-review...iew--4397.aspx

    Trying to buy a game on the margins...SMH...
    Interesting. I just ordered a used 913H 24 to test drive and hoping it complements the 19° that just works well for me.

    Kinda like washing the car, this order just generated a shift in the weather and we're now expecting over one to two feet of snow. You can thank me later this week.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

    SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Bike Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR
    BIKE TOOL BLOW OUT!

  19. #8194
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,976

    Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

    I bag 3 or 4 Titleist hybrids depending on course: 19,21,24,27. 6 is my longest iron.
    Last edited by 4matic; 11-18-2019 at 07:31 PM.

  20. #8195
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Timbers of Fennario
    Posts
    2,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I was really "working" my driver yesterday, left , right, left , right, left , right....... really pleased that the found balls from the shag bag were in play. Were being the key factor. something clicked on back nine and I couldn't miss a fairway. Perhaps my gyroscope just was re calibrating...
    regards
    10 handicapper
    Moar claw on da back eh?

  21. #8196
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,074
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I bag 3 or 4 Titleist hybrids depending on course: 19,21,24,27. 6 is my longest iron.
    We should schedule a round so it rains. You in E Bay?

  22. #8197
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    We should schedule a round so it rains. You in E Bay?
    Yep, Monarch Bay is in great shape and cheap.

  23. #8198
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    2,988
    Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Moar claw on da back eh?
    dry round, edibles only.

  24. #8199
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Timbers of Fennario
    Posts
    2,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    dry round, edibles only.
    They took a while to kick in I guess

  25. #8200
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    off on yet another Tangent
    Posts
    2,777
    Name:  lay-up.png
Views: 63
Size:  389.3 KB

    As one of my buddy says: "We didn't come all this way to lay up, pussy."
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

    SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Bike Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR
    BIKE TOOL BLOW OUT!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •