Page 384 of 388 FirstFirst ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 LastLast
Results 9,576 to 9,600 of 9678
  1. #9576
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,794
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Also, played with a couple Korn ferry guys, mid 20ís and fly the driver 340 all day. These fuckers drive it green side on 400yd par 4ís, crazy.
    Yeah, I played with some div1 college kids a few years ago. Itís a different game.

  2. #9577
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    in a box on the porch
    Posts
    4,977
    The altitude isnít really that big a thing.
    Often itís in the 60ís temp wise. So the evaluation is canceled by it being cool.
    Whatís hard about Colorado golf is the wind and changing conditions.

    You can tee off at 9am and itís calm and the greens hold by noon the greens start to firm up, by the 3pm itís usually blowing 20+ with gusts and the greens get hard as rocks.

    Itís a lot like the links courses out on Long Island.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  3. #9578
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In your Dreams
    Posts
    553
    This happens to me all the time. Standing on the par 3 tee and I say to the guy scoping the yards to the pin "It's 173". Guy puts the scope down and says "173.4" I don't have any +/- 14 inch swings in my game.

    If I'm inside of 100 yds I do not want you to tell me the yardage is 63 or whatever.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

  4. #9579
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    This happens to me all the time. Standing on the par 3 tee and I say to the guy scoping the yards to the pin "It's 173". Guy puts the scope down and says "173.4" I don't have any +/- 14 inch swings in my game.

    If I'm inside of 100 yds I do not want you to tell me the yardage is 63 or whatever.
    Laser is most beneficial for ancillary distances: traps , front of green, layups, carry distance.

    I donít mind first to the tee calling out a flag yardage. It can help speed up play.

  5. #9580
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,196
    I like the number to the pin, as aging causes depth perception to decline so it really helps. I pace every putt as well as most chips.

  6. #9581
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    I like the number to the pin, as aging causes depth perception to decline so it really helps. I pace every putt as well as most chips.
    I am usually an the only one in my foursome with a GPS. Any par three Iím giving g out front, middle, back distance.
    I give my regular cart partner the sane at his ball. Definitely speeds things up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #9582
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    I am usually an the only one in my foursome with a GPS. Any par three I’m giving g out front, middle, back distance.
    I give my regular cart partner the sane at his ball. Definitely speeds things up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The distance is essential on elevated greens, no matter how good one's eyesight is. Having only some or none of the pin visible is a pretty tough shot so the more info the better.

  8. #9583
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    summit county
    Posts
    615
    Keep sitting in like the 81-85 range and just canít seem to be able get lower other than the one off round. The shots are all there just seem to yank a few too many tee shots off the mark and leaving a couple too many putts out there per round from what I feel like I should be. Frustrating game that golf.

  9. #9584
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,196
    I came to the conclusion that my new found strength is causing my short iron issues(it couldn't possibly be me, lol.) Can't sense where the the clubhead is anymore so LOTS of inconsistencies and many low, pull hooks. I'm playing today so might try some punch 6i to so I can at least get an approach shot headed towards the pin, distance be damned.

  10. #9585
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    8,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    I came to the conclusion that my new found strength is causing my short iron issues(it couldn't possibly be me, lol.) Can't sense where the the clubhead is anymore so LOTS of inconsistencies and many low, pull hooks. I'm playing today so might try some punch 6i to so I can at least get an approach shot headed towards the pin, distance be damned.
    Iím too in shape for golf is a good flex

  11. #9586
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I’m too in shape for golf is a good flex
    Kinda ironic if you ask me. (It's not an unknown phenomenon, btw) Hitting d and 3w better than ever but can't hit a 9i.......more gir w 5i and and hybrids than 9i, 8i, and 7i. The good news is more on course short game practice.

  12. #9587
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    I came to the conclusion that my new found strength is causing my short iron issues(it couldn't possibly be me, lol.) Can't sense where the the clubhead is anymore so LOTS of inconsistencies and many low, pull hooks. I'm playing today so might try some punch 6i to so I can at least get an approach shot headed towards the pin, distance be damned.
    Why not punch a 9i? Shortening backswing should help control your irons

  13. #9588
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,270
    Got my first Eagle yesterday. 5i from 168 out, downhill (only way for me to 5i from that distance). Bounced it about 10 yards before the green and rolled it in.

    Had a good chance to break 90 for the first time, went +8 on the last 3 holes for a 94.

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

  14. #9589
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NW WA
    Posts
    298
    Had a 3-day golf trip to Eastern Washington last week. Played Apple Tree, Canyon Lakes, and Wine Valley, and shot 87, 85, 86. Wine Valley was definitely the nicest course out of the bunch, definitely worth the trip if you're ever in the area!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220625_131616.jpg.958f78e79cf6eb05836c0ca01fafa09e.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	298.3 KB 
ID:	420334

  15. #9590
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Why not punch a 9i? Shortening backswing should help control your irons
    Might be better to take an extra club and choke down to raise the effective swing weight, I have a rather abbreviated back swing as it is. Took a lesson a couple weeks ago and he had me turn a little deeper into the backswing apparently the club was too much out in front and too vertical at the top of the bs.

  16. #9591
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Got my first Eagle yesterday. 5i from 168 out, downhill (only way for me to 5i from that distance). Bounced it about 10 yards before the green and rolled it in.

    Had a good chance to break 90 for the first time, went +8 on the last 3 holes for a 94.

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Congrats!!!

  17. #9592
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    Had a 3-day golf trip to Eastern Washington last week. Played Apple Tree, Canyon Lakes, and Wine Valley, and shot 87, 85, 86. Wine Valley was definitely the nicest course out of the bunch, definitely worth the trip if you're ever in the area!

    I'll keep WV in the memory bank, although it looks like former hun habitat.

  18. #9593
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    8,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Got my first Eagle yesterday. 5i from 168 out, downhill (only way for me to 5i from that distance). Bounced it about 10 yards before the green and rolled it in.

    Had a good chance to break 90 for the first time, went +8 on the last 3 holes for a 94.

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Thatís awesome! Donít feel bad about the wheels coming off. After my hole in one I shot an 11 on the next hole and carded a 55 on that nine.

  19. #9594
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    seatown
    Posts
    3,757
    played 36 at the coeur díalene resort last sunday for a friendly tourney. nice course but spendy. played circling raven a bit south of there saturday for a birthday, for the money raven is pretty killer. i really just like the palouse scene too. broke 90 at CDA for the first time in a minute. iíve been swinging more than once a week lately which has helped with consistency and iím starting to score a bit, but long ways to go. having a caddy at CDA also made me realize i canít read a putt for shit.

    missed my gamble trip this year but got to play bear mountain and the muni in chelan two weeks ago for a bachelor thing. back on circling raven tomorrow before the wedding

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1656647718.929877.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	229.8 KB 
ID:	420387

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1656647798.834355.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	420388

  20. #9595
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    6,515

    Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    If I'm inside of 100 yds I do not want you to tell me the yardage is 63 or whatever.
    You'd knock 5-10 strokes off your game if you could get to the point where you feel the complete opposite. A 63 yd shot vs a 53 or 73 yd shot from that distance is like hitting the fairway vs being in the trees off the tee...costs you a stroke

    I want to know exact distance until I'm less than 40 yds where I can use my eye and be spot on.

    Learning the clock methods to hit 40-50-60-70 yd shots is really easy and helps more than people realize

    If you can take it a step further and have a clock setting for a standard wedge from 40-50-60-70-80 and also one for flop/open face shots then you're dangerous around the greens and won't be as intimidated by pin position
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

    BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

  21. #9596
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In your Dreams
    Posts
    553
    Do you need to know how many feet between you when you toss someone your car keys? I've hit 1000's of shots of less than 75 yds in practice and rounds when ranger finders were not allowed. On the course, I hit my spot more than 1/2 the time.
    Yesterday I shot 83. No birds, 1 double. Had 5 GIR's and 3 putted one of them. Got up and down for par 6 out of 9 times. When I can get my GIR up to double digits I'l be able to shot my age. Right now I'm blocking my full swings. Gotta fix it.

    After I played another 9 with 3 40's somethings hitting 2 irons 240 playing music and trash talking. It was a perfect day.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

  22. #9597
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    4,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Right now I'm blocking my full swings. Gotta fix it.

    After I played another 9 with 3 40's somethings hitting 2 irons 240 playing music and trash talking. It was a perfect day.
    Yes you need to fix the first part, donít change the second though!

  23. #9598
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Making the Bowl Great Again
    Posts
    13,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    When I can get my GIR up to double digits I'l be able to shot my age.
    Average GIRs on the PGA tour is less than 12. Crazy stat.

  24. #9599
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Nor Cal
    Posts
    14,422

    Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Average GIRs on the PGA tour is less than 12. Crazy stat.
    They play crazy setups and all of those balls on the fringe count as a missed green (I think they should count those as one half at least). On a normal setup like we play those guys will hit 15-16 greens easily on average.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

  25. #9600
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    4,323
    Wedge shank showed up.
    Iím freaking out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •