Page 309 of 401 FirstFirst ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 10019
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    if we ever play i can tell i am going to need a few strokes
    Don’t short yourself.
    Sounds like you are doing just fine.

Now, if I can only putt better...

A few pics courtesy of my pops who was at Bethpage today.

Tiger for birdie

John Daly with his cart and McDonalds soda. This made me laugh out loud.

So he has osteoporosis is that the deal with the cart?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Diabetes. Legs swell up.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Diabetes. Legs swell up.
    nah he's saying arthritis.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

49-42:91

best 9 ever. ties my best 18 ever. had to take an unlucky penalty on 1 for a triple. boy walked and played 18 on a real course for the first time. i wish i had his swing.

but they way i see it, 42-42:84

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    49-42:91

best 9 ever. ties my best 18 ever. had to take an unlucky penalty on 1 for a triple. boy walked and played 18 on a real course for the first time. i wish i had his swing.

but they way i see it, 42-42:84
    Cool; Looks like it’s coming along...

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

I think I have a case of golfer’s tan.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1117.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	237.9 KB 
ID:	283135

Question for the golfers here.

Played Sunday, course had signs saying lift, clean and place balls in fairways, it had been really wet.

I get to my ball on one hole and to hit it I’d be standing in a random 4x4 patch of mud in the fairway.

I clean my ball and drop it so I’m not standing in the mud, moved it laterally not towards the hole.

One of the guys in our foursome gives me the business for moving it so my stance is not in mud. I blew it off and told him to screw in a nice way.

Was I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    Question for the golfers here.

Played Sunday, course had signs saying lift, clean and place balls in fairways, it had been really wet.

I get to my ball on one hole and to hit it I’d be standing in a random 4x4 patch of mud in the fairway.

I clean my ball and drop it so I’m not standing in the mud, moved it laterally not towards the hole.

One of the guys in our foursome gives me the business for moving it so my stance is not in mud. I blew it off and told him to screw in a nice way.

Was I wrong?

One club length no closer for "abnormal ground conditions" allowed for lie or stance

Tell him to suck it

Lift clean and place always has to be local rule in effect or you can't touch the ball

Although if taking relief for muddy stance you could clean before dropping even if lift and clean wasn't in effect
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

That’s temporary water. Guy is dick:

Any temporary accumulation of water on the surface of the ground (such as puddles from rain or irrigation or an overflow from a body of water) that is not in a penalty area, and can be seen before or after you take a stance (without pressing down excessively with your feet).
    It is not enough for the ground to be merely wet, muddy or soft or for the water to be momentarily visible as you step on the ground; an accumulation of water must remain present either before or after your stance is taken.
    Special cases:
    *Dew and frost are not temporary water.
    *Snow and natural ice (other than frost) are either loose impediments or, when on the ground, temporary water, at your option.
    *Manufactured ice is an obstruction

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sounds like someone you shouldn’t bother playing with again. Not only is unaware of the rules, he sounds like a dick.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Sounds like someone you shouldn’t bother playing with again. Not only is unaware of the rules, he sounds like a dick.
    Yeah, I don’t have time or patience for that. He was invited by a buddy, don’t think I’ll play with him again. Me and my partner (golf not life) beat them so the beers he bought after were bittersweet.

i definitely wouldn't play with somebody who says shit like that. i never play for money so i never have more than casual informational conversations about rules.

i'm grateful to have a great partner who is a lot better than i am and is super calm and no nonsense and laughs at me for being a headcase. when my first golf buddy of several years moved away, i figured i wouldn't have a regular partner again. it's cool that he's the dad of my son's best school friend and we all play together at least once a week.

oops diverge!

Next time you are not sure of a rule play two balls (i.e. one from the mud and one from the good drop) and then ask for a ruling from the pro in the shop when you finish as to which one to count. Whether you are right or wrong it will get in his head and maybe cost him a hole. Glad you won anyway.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Golf is a funny way to get a sense of a person when you just met them. Never know if your going to get stuck with a sensitive type, a know it all big ego bro or the like. If people can't take jokes and sarcasm, fuck them on and off the course. The best players I know wouldn't give two shits about the "rules" in a casual setting. Unless of course your talking real shit and deserve the smack down.

John Daly has hit town. Who's going?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxqSHDTF...eo_watch_again

I'll be there.

Was planning on Sat and Sun but weather might be bad sat

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Finally getting some dry weather.
    Going to play Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday!
    Can’t wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Diabetes. Legs swell up.
    Daly says he HATES water, drinks 6-10 diet cokes a day. He should be dead by 62

He's doing a demo at local course tomorrow afternoon. I might sneak out at early to watch him crush drives off a tall boy while barefoot and smoking a dart

Funny Game. What do you call Driving the Green on a Par 4 after blasting your first OB? It is like hitting a "Spare" in bowling that should have been a Strike. From "Eagle" putt to Double (3 putted from that spot). Played solo, hit a few extra shots, had a "B" ball look at Eagle that turned into a Par. I was able to make some slight adjustments and should be in good form moving forward. Oh the nuances...
    297 From the Blue Tees
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190517_143706 (1).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	283317
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    He's doing a demo at local course tomorrow afternoon. I might sneak out at early to watch him crush drives off a tall boy while barefoot and smoking a dart
    Looks like it'll be nice weather. Do it do it do it.

Finally got my finger looked at. Partially torn tendon sheath. Should heal without surgery but takes 6 weeks...I'm about halfway there.

Glad to hear I likely don't need surgery....I was worried because it hasn't gotten better in over 2 weeks. Doc said if I end up needing surgery it would be 3 month recovery. No thanks...not bothered shooting bad scores for another 3-4 weeks till it's healed vs sitting on the couch

played 9 with my buddy. got to 85 from the front, flag in front. so i say, you think i should be able to hit the green with my 52w. he said yes. so i hit an okay shot. he watched me, we talked about it. as it turns out, i have been trying to hit longer wedges like a pitch i guess, keeping the face open. he said he swings wedges like a regular club, releasing the wrists. so i hit 3 more 56w and put them all 90ish. it was like a lightning bolt.