Page 362 of 376 FirstFirst ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 9399
  1. #9026
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    4,251

    Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

    Whoa?
    Congrats!!!
    Thatís fantastic!!

    And what a wife you got yourself!
    She plays with you and knows when to cut the sit down dinner for the round of your life!!

  2. #9027
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    G Falls
    Posts
    387
    Thanks! I went to bed last night in disbelief. My wife is a gem and I owe her big for last night. It was a pretty special round for me and Iím really glad it was her I was playing with. She shot her second lowest round to date so it must have been something in the air yesterday!

    16 GIR is also a new high for me and one of the two missed greens I was a foot into the fringe 15í below the hole so I hit a great approach there.

  3. #9028
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    4,251
    Things got outta control at Korn Ferry.

    https://firepitcollective.com/lets-get-ready-to-rumble/

  4. #9029
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,754
    food at the turn usually wrecks my game for a few holes. Good score!

  5. #9030
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    It finally came together for me last night.

    Sometimes this damn game can feel so impossible and sometimes it feels so effortless.

    Attachment 377200

    Well done!

  6. #9031
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    It finally came together for me last night. My wife and I were going to play 9 and do a nice dinner at the course afterwords. After hole 8, I think she realized what was happening and called in a order of food to go at the turn for us.

    It was just one of those rounds, everything was clicking. Iíve had a few close calls with breaking 70 but never sealed the deal and the last time I broke par I was a junior in high school. This year my game has felt pretty good but my putting hasnít been great and it always seems like one swing has been killing my scores.

    I went out in 34 and decided to keep trying to be aggressive. I was three down on 18 and instead of trying to just make par, I played aggressive and hit driver/3H to the middle of the green and two putted for a birdie to finish with a 68! I feel like thatís the first time in my life that Iíve taken that approach rather than trying to Ďprotectí my score. All in all it was a round I wonít soon forget.

    Sometimes this damn game can feel so impossible and sometimes it feels so effortless.

    Attachment 377200
    Wow, great round! It's good to see someone else tracking F,G, & P. My friends think I'm neurotic for doing so. I've been struggling this year with putting, too. Finished last season as a 7 on my home course, have played over 35 rounds so far this year and have yet to break 80. If I hit 16 greens, though, it would be a different case. If I hit 10-12 greens, I score pretty well but I rely on a good short game and fewer than 30 putts to get there. My putting is averaging 33 per round this year, mostly a reflection on chipping not being as crisp as I would like. Need to practice!

  7. #9032
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Things got outta control at Korn Ferry.

    https://firepitcollective.com/lets-get-ready-to-rumble/
    Crazy... I wonder what Fribb's score was. Pretty tough to remain focused after all that.

  8. #9033
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    G Falls
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Wow, great round! It's good to see someone else tracking F,G, & P. My friends think I'm neurotic for doing so. I've been struggling this year with putting, too. Finished last season as a 7 on my home course, have played over 35 rounds so far this year and have yet to break 80. If I hit 16 greens, though, it would be a different case. If I hit 10-12 greens, I score pretty well but I rely on a good short game and fewer than 30 putts to get there. My putting is averaging 33 per round this year, mostly a reflection on chipping not being as crisp as I would like. Need to practice!
    Iím a numbers nut. I love tracking things to see trends in my game. Tracking F/G/Pís is a pretty simple thing to do and I think most rec golfers would get to know a lot about their game if they did it. I consider my iron play to be pretty solid so for me the key to scoring is to keep the ball in play off the tee.

    Glad to hear Iím not the only one struggling with putting this year. Iíve been averaging 35 putts/round this year and averaging 13 GIR. Yesterday was my first round this season without a three putt.

  9. #9034
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    I’m a numbers nut. I love tracking things to see trends in my game. Tracking F/G/P’s is a pretty simple thing to do and I think most rec golfers would get to know a lot about their game if they did it. I consider my iron play to be pretty solid so for me the key to scoring is to keep the ball in play off the tee.

    Glad to hear I’m not the only one struggling with putting this year. I’ve been averaging 35 putts/round this year and averaging 13 GIR. Yesterday was my first round this season without a three putt.
    Me too on the numbers. Easy to track and look for trends, helping with seeing what I need to work on (as though my play isn't telling enough...). My putting, while not great this year, is really helping me see that my short game is sucking. It's usually a strength of my game but without touching a club for 4 months, I get rusty and need to work on it. The other thing with my putting this year is that whoever is setting our pins hates golfers, I'm convinced, as is the general opinion of others around the club. Evil, evil placements. I usually don't have 3 putts and generally average less than 30 a round but this year; 33 putts average versus 30 is about the difference from being a 7 last year to 10 this year. Again, though, I blame my chipping as I'm not getting a lot of 1 putts, either.

  10. #9035
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    It finally came together for me last night. My wife and I were going to play 9 and do a nice dinner at the course afterwords. After hole 8, I think she realized what was happening and called in a order of food to go at the turn for us.

    It was just one of those rounds, everything was clicking. Iíve had a few close calls with breaking 70 but never sealed the deal and the last time I broke par I was a junior in high school. This year my game has felt pretty good but my putting hasnít been great and it always seems like one swing has been killing my scores.

    I went out in 34 and decided to keep trying to be aggressive. I was three down on 18 and instead of trying to just make par, I played aggressive and hit driver/3H to the middle of the green and two putted for a birdie to finish with a 68! I feel like thatís the first time in my life that Iíve taken that approach rather than trying to Ďprotectí my score. All in all it was a round I wonít soon forget.

    Sometimes this damn game can feel so impossible and sometimes it feels so effortless.

    Attachment 377200
    Awesome!

    I hope you got laid that night too!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #9036
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    8530' MST/200' EST
    Posts
    3,355
    Played 9 with grandpa at Bradford GC on Saturday. Havenít played with him since I was probably 10. Score doesnít matter in those situations.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

  12. #9037
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    in a box on the porch
    Posts
    4,789
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Pretty cool Choi, get that framed up.

    skiballs and I are in for the Front Range Invitational, looks like best spot is south Denver, Castle Rock area that meets in middle. Anyone else in?
    Iím ready.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #9038
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    in a box on the porch
    Posts
    4,789
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Things got outta control at Korn Ferry.

    https://firepitcollective.com/lets-get-ready-to-rumble/
    Iíve had those kind of father caddying for son pairings in a couple US Am qualifier. No fisticuffs though, told one dad that caddies donít talk to other players unless asked.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #9039
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    6,437

    Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Booner - Did you win your match? I took my opener 3&2.
    Got absolutely smeared. I don't know if I've ever been beaten that badly on the course.

    I played somewhat poorly and shot +7. He was 1 or 2 under. He missed a few greens and hit every chip to a foot. Our greens are difficult.

    I've been playing well since and have my district qualifier tomorrow and feeling good about it.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

    BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

  15. #9040
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Making the Bowl Great Again
    Posts
    13,342
    Torrey Pines is the most boring course for a US Open, ever. I even watched a recap of Tiger and Rocco saga in 2008 (or whatever) and even that didn't make the course look even remotely interesting.

  16. #9041
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,754
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Torrey Pines is the most boring course for a US Open, ever. I even watched a recap of Tiger and Rocco saga in 2008 (or whatever) and even that didn't make the course look even remotely interesting.
    Itís a big tough American golf course and doesnít need tricks to make it hard. Iíve played it and is my favorite course outside Bandon Dunes. You just donít see on tv how intimidating the course is.

  17. #9042
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    13,102
    Torrey is super fun to play. Not boring at all.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

  18. #9043
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,868
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Itís a big tough American golf course and doesnít need tricks to make it hard. Iíve played it and is my favorite course outside Bandon Dunes. You just donít see on tv how intimidating the course is.
    Agree; fun courses. (Both of them.) Have to get off the tee or itís a long round. Lots of elevation changes; different wind directions; variable grass; and good views.

  19. #9044
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    4,251

    Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

    Ridgewood Country Club West Course.
    6th hole 98 yard par 3 with pitching wedge.
    Ace happened!
    Too bad you guys arenít around for me to buy drinks!!

    Special thanks to 4matic, Wooley and all the others for the tips and guidance.
    You guys helped me get to where I am at today.
    Thank you!!




  20. #9045
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mountains, Trees, and a Big Blue Lake
    Posts
    428
    That a freggin peach Choi!
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

  21. #9046
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    tree OH TREE!!!!!
    Posts
    3,954
    hell yeah!

  22. #9047
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    funland
    Posts
    5,130
    that is awesome!!!! you are glowing in your pic.

  23. #9048
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,754
    Awesome. You earned it! thank you for the kind words.

    How was your round?

  24. #9049
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,074
    Congrats. Respectable club selection and outfit too.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  25. #9050
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    6,410
    Great job! I know a lot of guys who've golfed nearly their entire lives, low handicappers who've never had an ace. You're beating them all right now! Congratulations!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •