Page 338 of 402 FirstFirst ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 10026
    My DVR only recorded first two hours of the Match.
    Is there anyway I can watch the replay?

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    My DVR only recorded first two hours of the Match.
    Is there anyway I can watch the replay?
    You can check and see if TNT is doing encore showings which I would imagine they are since there isn't any new sports or shows and they paid a small fortune for it.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

TNT of all the channels!
    I still don't get it.

Been stuck in a rut of inconsistency lately. Finally strung together two decent nines at one of the harder courses in my area. Went 36-36 for even par from 6600yds in a steady 10-15mph wind. The putter saved my ass a few times for sure. Some days I really love this game!

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Played first round from the tips at home course tonight (finally warm and dry enough)and shot lowest round of the year.

Go figure
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Played first round from the tips at home course tonight (finally warm and dry enough)and shot lowest round of the year.

Go figure
    First round of the year, I either:

Play super well because I forgot all my bad habits from the previous season.

or

Forget how to play and manage to hit every miss-hit possible (Push Slice, Pull Slice, Shank, Duck hooks, pull hooks, thin shots, fat shots, etc)

It's almost always the latter.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post

or

Forget how to play and manage to hit every miss-hit possible (Push Slice, Pull Slice, Shank, Duck hooks, pull hooks, thin shots, fat shots, etc)

What, no double cross or duffs?

bump...

Played Edgewood at Tahoe yesterday, incredible views and some really unique green complexes. Other than that, I probably wouldn't go back considering how high green fees are and certain greens were extremely diseased.

Nonetheless, good to get out on the course again and I will be in Bandon for four days later this month.

Thanks for the review. Ive been there and watched tv events and thought the course was unremarkable.

OTOH: Sheep Ranch in Bandon looks legit.

I’ve been watching Bandon live camera.
    Can’t wait to play those beautiful dunes one day.

Played Bethpage Yellow today.
    Played well front 9 though there were one triple and one 3 putt.

Then fatigue set in and wheels came off.
    All fell apart in back 9.

No 3 putts. Short stick was working and/or your chipping was on. Still feeling the Covid? Fatigue. I see that lot in my 70+ league. The guys still walking fade at 6 or 7th because the were parched. I try to hydrate at every hole like the pros do. After I turned 60 if I was walking 18 I'd start to play for a fade to adjust for tired legs.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

I had one 3 putt on 5th hole.
    But overall, my short game was pretty good today.
    Of course, I couldn’t tee off instead.
    Always gotta be something.

I believe I’m 100% recovered from COVID.
    It has been two months since I ended quarantine.

Lately it’s been nearly impossible to get a tee time at Bethpage.
    NYC golf courses are still closed (Van Cortlandt, Trump Links at Ferry Point... etc), so handful open courses in Westchester and Long Island are super busy.
    Typically New York residents can book a tee time online at one of 5 courses at Bethpage a week prior at 7pm.
    I’ve tried 7pm sharp and tee times are literally disappearing within 30 seconds.

Another way to get in is to wait for the cancellation in the middle of the night.
    You can cancel 3 hours before the tee time, so there are some tee times open up 12am to 2am among those who’s been staying up too late (drinking, like myself was) and won’t be able to make next morning tee times.

I got my tee time at 2:30am, slept few hours and went out to play.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post

or

So true. Someday I'll break that pattern. Yeah right...

@Nutmeg - take a look at Somers National. It's right down the road from me so I play there sometimes. It's actually pretty affordable and plays like a real mountain course on 11 or 12 holes. Conditions are good for the price. If you want to go you could probably talk me into playing too,. I really need to get out a few times because I have a gift round coming to me at Centennial in Carmel, that's a tough course and way too expensive. Putnam National is a little pricey but the front nine is kickass and the back has 2 520+ par 5's and a few other fun "dog track" holes.

You want to play Brandon, I want to play Bethpage. If I can convince the wife to take the TJ to Maine on Rt 2 lets meet at Durand. RT Jones Sr. $31 with a cart.

Oh there's also a bunch of really old historic courses up this way with the oldest (still open) public course in the country, Dutcher in Pawling. There are things on that course that will blow your mind. There's a few other really fun ones too like the old Trent Jones Sr course at James Baird State Park. Any time you want a tour of some of these old courses lemme know, if I can get out I will. Maybe we'll call Aldo and get his ass up here

Third time to Bandon, I've played all but Ol Mac and now Sheep's Ranch. Will knock them all off this trip and couldn't be more excited, also staying on property for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    You want to play Brandon, I want to play Bethpage. If I can convince the wife to take the TJ to Maine on Rt 2 lets meet at Durand. RT Jones Sr. $31 with a cart.
    Rochester is far, far away, wooley!!!
    If you ever make it to Bethpage, I’ll make sure we’ll get a tee time or two!!
    Black, of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    @Nutmeg - take a look at Somers National. It's right down the road from me so I play there sometimes. It's actually pretty affordable and plays like a real mountain course on 11 or 12 holes. Conditions are good for the price. If you want to go you could probably talk me into playing too,. I really need to get out a few times because I have a gift round coming to me at Centennial in Carmel, that's a tough course and way too expensive. Putnam National is a little pricey but the front nine is kickass and the back has 2 520+ par 5's and a few other fun "dog track" holes.
    I have played Somers National!
    Nice little (VERY tight) track.
    It was one of first few rounds right after COVID, so I had a hard time walking up and down all those hills.
    And what is up with that hairpin par 5???

I just played Centennial Lakes and Meadows.
    Played okay on Lakes, got destroyed on Meadows.

Love Putnam National.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Oh there's also a bunch of really old historic courses up this way with the oldest (still open) public course in the country, Dutcher in Pawling. There are things on that course that will blow your mind. There's a few other really fun ones too like the old Trent Jones Sr course at James Baird State Park. Any time you want a tour of some of these old courses lemme know, if I can get out I will. Maybe we'll call Aldo and get his ass up here
    I never played those tracks.
    Maybe you can show me around one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Third time to Bandon, I've played all but Ol Mac and now Sheep's Ranch. Will knock them all off this trip and couldn't be more excited, also staying on property for the first time.
    Can’t wait to hear your TR!

Honeymoon phase with the Mizuno MP-20 MB blades and MMC combo. So far so good! Feel both more solid and about as soft as my MP-60s. Played 9 yesterday and had 4 birdie chances 8’ or less and converted 2 of them...

Nutmeg, 44 for 9 holes is a decent score! Congrats, you’ve made a lot of progress.

I need to get back at it. Was getting all fired up, at least at the driving range, and then covid put a damper on it.

Pretty stoked, a month in to working a couple days a week in outside services at a local club. I'm enjoying being able to get out on the course a bit, i have a lot to learn if I hope to get some caddy loops this summer. A couple of small tips from the assistants have my swing in great shape, for me anyways. Ordering some Mizuno Hot Metals w/Recoil shafts soon. It's going to be a great golf season!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Last round before boyfriend’s (torn labrum) shoulder surgery.
    Lots of 3 putts but 5 pars saved the score card.
    Shot 46/47, 93.
    Friend got me some photos and videos.

https://youtu.be/ZfsrU6aHFko

https://youtu.be/OajYuwmMwCk

Very good! At .02 seconds you can see your wrists slightly break on takeaway. That is hard to recover from. Going past parallel at the top is ok (.03 sec). You are lucky to be that flexible but it does make it harder get your balance through impact. With driver you could work on your spine tilt so you are behind the ball. Overall, nothing really wrong with that swing. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Very good! At .02 seconds you can see your wrists slightly break on takeaway. That is hard to recover from. Going past parallel at the top is ok (.03 sec). You are lucky to be that flexible but it does make it harder get your balance through impact. With driver you could work on your spine tilt so you are behind the ball. Overall, nothing really wrong with that swing. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for the feedback!
    I haven’t had a lesson in a while so no way of knowing what I’m doing right and wrong.
    I haven’t even seen my swing in a while since the driving ranges are closed!!
    Thank you!!