Page 340 of 401 FirstFirst ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 10025
    another round of golf this week. striking the ball well when I slow down. getting good shot placement but the tempo is killing the game, easily 1-2 clubs short, hips are way behind. need that swing time to work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    another round of golf this week. striking the ball well when I slow down. getting good shot placement but the tempo is killing the game, easily 1-2 clubs short, hips are way behind. need that swing time to work it out.
    What’s your natural ball flight? A bad cut can take 2 clubs off distance.

slight draw. i know I am late on the hips, always am early in season. hit all my drives in fairway but shorter than norm. not that i was ever a heavy hitter.

solid work around the greens kept me at bogey golf but just barely since the putter was off. it will come around in time.

any front rangers want to get out for a round, holler.

I've paired up with 3 accountants that never spoke and hit it a mile. And an odd twosome on Halloween. One was 300lbs dressed as Old King Cole with a cape. The other guy was 5'5 and dressed in tights as a court jester. Both had decent games.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Kinda my game and where I am. I think I'm standing too far from the ball at address and to close to the ball after I hit it. Balance gets tempo and tempo gets balance. 80% of the outcome is determined before you take the club back. Right now I'm trying to decide whether to take my "comfortable" stance and line the ball up with the hozel or feel too close at address until it feels right.

[QUOTE=wooley12;6004651]I've paired up with 3 accountants that never spoke and hit it a mile. And an odd twosome on Halloween. One was 300lbs dressed as Old King Cole with a cape. The other guy was 5'5 and dressed in tights as a court jester. Both had decent games.

Halloween scramble from a few years ago. We got last out of 30 teams, but since we were the only team to dress up (weird), we won all the costume prizes. We also finished a handle of fireball.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVIMG_20181027_110707.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	331449
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I've paired up with 3 accountants that never spoke and hit it a mile. And an odd twosome on Halloween. One was 300lbs dressed as Old King Cole with a cape. The other guy was 5'5 and dressed in tights as a court jester. Both had decent games.
    Halloween scramble from a few years ago. We got last out of 30 teams, but since we were the only team to dress up (weird), we won all the costume prizes.

Name:	MVIMG_20181027_110707.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	331449
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

I'm fighting shoulder capsulation and symptoms of frozen shoulder. Cortisone shot and stretching helps a lot. There were no tears in the MRI.

Anyway. My swing is so weak I got out the whip and the medicus. the reason I'm posting is the grips on the training clubs were slick and unusable. I soaked them in Bleche White and it restored the rubber to acceptable. The medicus feels new. Bleche white to restore and maintain grips.

Good progress in swinging the clubhead and letting it do the work. Played a cow pasture with my bud and hooked up with a kid who worked there. Local tip was mosquitoes were worst on 10, 12 and 14. Beautiful day. Didn't keep score.

Somewhere out there is the fairway.

Name:	bluetee.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	331922

The "Fairway"

Name:	Bluehfway.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	331923

I’ve been out a bunch. Lack of work has given me lots of free time. Putting in a couple hours a day on the short game. Not really seeing any results. Topping it, double chips and the occasional chili dip. Any help would be appreciated as I’m hitting the ball great, just can’t hold the little fucker out!

Youtube instruction vids for proper technique plus practice. Lots of practice. Then the key on the course is not thinking just doing = best results.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    I’ve been out a bunch. Lack of work has given me lots of free time. Putting in a couple hours a day on the short game. Not really seeing any results. Topping it, double chips and the occasional chili dip. Any help would be appreciated as I’m hitting the ball great, just can’t hold the little fucker out!
    Club down. What loft are you using? Try to run the ball more until you get confidence. The idea is get the ball rolling ASAP and not fly it.

Deceleration is the usual cause of all those faults.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post

Good tip, especially for someone struggling around the greens. I’d also bet $$ on a lack of forward press/forward shaft lean. Hands must beat the club to the ball!

Usually a PW or 8 iron
    Club down. What loft are you using? Try to run the ball more until you get confidence. The idea is get the ball rolling ASAP and not fly it.

Been doing quite a bit of both. The confidence is a issue. I’m more nervous chipping then driving the ball with OB right of the 🕳
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Youtube instruction vids for proper technique plus practice. Lots of practice. Then the key on the course is not thinking just doing = best results.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Committing to the shot is key...deceleration happens when you don't commit. Shorten backswing to hit it shorter and accelerate.

I'm not a big fan of the idea of clubbing down or naming a club you should use more than another. Choose the right club for the right shot if you want success. Short game separates men from boys so master it, if nothing else.

I (generally) use PW-60* for chips. Couple tips...

Bad lie? More loft and play off back foot and hit down on back of ball

Short sided? More loft

Chipping uphill? Less loft...downhill more loft

Want to get it up in the air more? Max loft off front foot and finish hands high

Don't get wristy to try to help the ball get up. The club needs to do the work not your wrists. Chipping stance should be very similar to putting stance. Stand over the ball and use the shoulders.

Practice chipping on tight lies to build confidence and see how different clubs react. When I practice chipping I hit the same shot with all my wedges, excluding short sided shots...LW only for those. You'll see a huge difference in spin off each wedge/club and how it affects roll out

If you use the right club and make decent contact you'll be within striking distance of getting up and down. Don't try to make magic happen ("get cute") if you're still trying to just stop hitting bad shots....save that for when the muscle memory is there. Just get on the green somewhere decent.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Some good things to work on mags! It’s killing my game right now. I’m a 13 and if I can get the short game together I could be a 9!

First time in 6 months (no practice). I've only played a few times in a couple years dues to injuries because playing in pain is not fun for me. My surgical back is excellent but I'm concerned about a shoulder injury and don't want to aggravate it. We played Tilden Park in Berkeley, Ca.; I hate Tilden but it was a nice day. It was 100% booked all week. It was a huge cluster getting off the tee and I ended up sharing a cart with a friend. I wore mask the whole round. But, the Covid requirements promote fast play. The permanent pins and individual carts REALLY speed up play. No problem with 4 hour round! I'd suggest optional drop in the traps with no rakes. Out in 41 and back in 46~. Happy with my play. I pick up at double bogey and had 4 on the back including an OB.

I'm thinking about a lesson on hitting a cut driver. I can figure it out but a lesson will save me a lot of time and get my swing on the right track.

Late night driver testing. Got my 913 D2 back that I let someone borrow.

Name:	IMG_1685.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	332267

Put it up against my current M2, hitting 4 balls with each on 8 different tees. Titleist won on 6 of 8 holes with one hole being a draw. Titleist misses were smaller and bit more distance too.

Looks like I'm back on the old horse
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Name:	20200622_221007.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	332365

Nice but hot day out on my local. Tenth day on the course so far this year and fourteen overall.

3 pars today including this one.

^^^ Nice. Par the 3s and birdie the 5s. ^^^

First time in 6 months (no practice). I've only played a few times in a couple years dues to injuries because playing in pain is not fun for me. My surgical back is excellent but I'm concerned about a shoulder injury and don't want to aggravate it. We played Tilden Park in Berkeley, Ca.; I hate Tilden but it was a nice day. It was 100% booked all week. It was a huge cluster getting off the tee and I ended up sharing a cart with a friend. I wore mask the whole round. But, the Covid requirements promote fast play. The permanent pins and individual carts REALLY speed up play. No problem with 4 hour round! I'd suggest optional drop in the traps with no rakes. Out in 41 and back in 46~. Happy with my play. I pick up at double bogey and had 4 on the back including an OB.

I'm thinking about a lesson on hitting a cut driver. I can figure it out but a lesson will save me a lot of time and get my swing on the right track.
    That’s awesome!
    Welcome back to the game!!

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    That’s awesome!
    Welcome back to the game!!
    Thanks. Active participation is a ways away but my game is still in there.

Nice! Tilden has weird shot values but ya need to hit straight there to score.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Nice! Tilden has weird shot values but ya need to hit straight there to score.
    The par 3's are all good holes. Everything else not so much.