Page 320 of 401 FirstFirst ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... LastLast
Results 7,976 to 8,000 of 10024
    Feels like 107F? Sure I’ll play 18 hole!

Rolling Hills Country Club, Connecticut.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

I was on the course from 1130 to 530 today.

It was warm. Very warm.

I was probably the most lights out I've ever been today. We shot -12 and team wasn't strong. I think I would have been -4 to -2 on my own ball. I made four 25 footers and those were from my biggest misses on approaches.

We were -9 on last 10 and half the holes were all my ball.

Feeeeling it
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Another hot day.
    Just signed up for a handicap and of course I played horrible today.
    But so called my home course “Saxon Woods” pup made everything better.

Meet Oscar the pup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3218.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	289302

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

makes me laugh every time

3 day tourney starting tomorrow with big purse.

My game is good right now

LFG!!!

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Logo for this year's tee gifts on point Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1029.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	289466

How did you do??

Played with my $125 big bertha iron set. Great clubs!

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    How did you do??
    Not good

It's handicapped with 3 different formats over 3 days. My partner and I have lowest team hcp and played our worst golf all year the first two days.

Played decent today with gross 67 in two man scramble but not great,nor good enough to make a difference

Got a little cash for skins, closest too, etc

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post

It's handicapped with 3 different formats over 3 days.
    That’s a load of crap. Scrambles suck too.

Started par, par, 4 over, par, bogey, bogey and the wheels came off.
    Played horrible golf but had so much fun.

The Golf Club at Mansion Ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    That’s a load of crap. Scrambles suck too.
    Nah, i've played in tournaments like that, the spring and fall at Furnace Creek in Death Valley had the same, 3 formats. I forget exactly, but i think it was alternate shot, scramble and one where it's alternate the first two shots then scramble. The tournament was just for fun, the formats were fun. It's nice to play non-serious golf sometimes.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

4matic must be a stroke play only guy. I hate to have a partner trying to "shoot a score" when I play in a 4 ball. IMO, you haven't "played" with a golf ball until you go out and hit a ball 2 miles with one club. Most fun I ever had on a golf course without sex.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Meh, I've played a lot of scramble golf; just over it. It's a zoo. Handicap golf is ok but it's kinda like getting a participation trophy. Anyone can win and results are mostly random. It's good for people that have never won anything.

I played in a scratch league a couple years ago against Div 1 college players and got my ass kicked. But you know what? It was great. Real competition. I miss that.

Seems it's always the single digit HCpers that want to play me with stroke play and odds in their favor. Luck was designed into the original game and now it's called foul. And what is with drivers that come with tool kits!!!

PSA...shipsticks aint cheap but damn its nice to not have to lug your clubs around the airport. Pretty convenient, just show up to the clubhouse and your bag is waiting for you.

TR from Streamsong coming next weekend

i want to get a handicap some day so i can enter some "competitive" fun, but as far as i'm concerned my actual score is my actual score and a handicapped score is silly. i'll get beat all the time but it will be fun i hope.

Hcp golf sucks for a low handicapper. The formula is broken

Ex...a 17 hcp can have a great day and shoot 82 for net -7.

I have to shoot -2 gross to beat that...which is way more unlikely than his 82

There needs to be a delta correction factor. Without it odds are always against me unless I'm playing someone who's within a few hcp strokes of me.

I play in hcp events for the party. Stroke or match play events that mean anything to me are all scratch. One exception to the rule is a big scramble I play in with BIG money and prizes. You have to have min 15 hcp team. There's about 3 teams that have 3 players at scratch to 5 hcp and a 4th that gets the team to 15.

We've been top 3 every year. The real money is in the skins so doesn't matter if you win but have to be top team to get enough eagles and birdies to get a skin. Usually about 5k in skins

I donated my buy-in for tourney I just finished. Last place with one skin over 3 days. We had lowest hcp but still didn't deserve anything. Bruuutal ball striking my first two days...felt fine yesterday.
    Last edited by booner; 07-28-2019 at 10:34 AM.

There needs to be a delta correction factor. Without it odds are always against me unless I'm playing someone who's within a few hcp strokes of me.
    I agree with something like that for most events. Flights.: 0-6 6-12 etc. I’m ok with a 3-6 shot delta as it implies some randomness but not too much.

Equipment designed to make the ball go longer and straighter with inconsistent swings certainly has made the high handicapper play tee to green better. The only time I've won money in the 4ball matches was when I got teamed up with a 27 who parred the #1 hole for a net 2. OTOH as a 12, playing a mano a mano money match with 7- 16's is a fair test of skill and luck.

Hcp golf sucks for a low handicapper. The formula is broken

Ex...a 17 hcp can have a great day and shoot 82 for net -7.

I have to shoot -2 gross to beat that...which is way more unlikely than his 82

I play in hcp events for the party. Stroke or match play events that mean anything to me are all scratch. One exception to the rule is a big scramble I play in with BIG money and prizes. You have to have min 15 hcp team. There's about 3 teams that have 3 players at scratch to 5 hcp and a 4th that gets the team to 15.

We've been top 3 every year. The real money is in the skins so doesn't matter if you win but have to be top team to get enough eagles and birdies to get a skin. Usually about 5k in skins

I donated my buy-in for tourney I just finished. Last place with one skin over 3 days. We had lowest hcp but still didn't deserve anything. Bruuutal ball striking my first two days...felt fine yesterday.
    A 17 HC shoots an 82, lol...a 17 HC may shoot a 90 on a good day

HC's behave differently with stroke play and match IMO.

Stroke play. Have at it.

http://www.popeofslope.com/sandbagging/odds.html

So let's say an 11 HC played a par 70 course with a course rating of 70 and a slope of 123. What are the odds of the golfer shooting par?
    Last edited by wooley12; 07-28-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    A 17 HC shoots an 82, lol...a 17 HC may shoot a 90 on a good day
    Happens all the time with older players that used to be single digit when they were younger

Hey! I resemble that remark. I do know geezer who was a single HC and now is a 16 at age 80. Shoots 41 or 42 but never 39.