Page 328 of 401 FirstFirst ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,200 of 10019
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Niiiice...you youngbloods still playing 4-irons...
    Ha! Not sure if I should laugh or cry after taking my 4 iron out of my bag AND looking at replacing it and the 5 iron with a 24° Hybrid. Love my 19, though. 1st it was the 2 & 3 and now this!
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

If you need to "work" a drive use three wood. Goal with driver trajectory is eliminate as much spin as possible so adding spin just defeats the purpose of hitting it. Any club can be worked.

Well that sucks. Thanks
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Consider cutting the shaft if it is 45. Start with 1/2 inch.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Consider cutting the shaft if it is 45. Start with 1/2 inch.
    Yes

Nobody under 6-4 should be using 45" driver. I'm 6-2 and use 44.5. You'll hit club center more often and actually gain considerable avg distance.

Pros typically play 44-44.5 drivers for reference, but they retail at 45-46 so they can claim longer distance
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Ha! Not sure if I should laugh or cry after taking my 4 iron out of my bag AND looking at replacing it and the 5 iron with a 24° Hybrid. Love my 19, though. 1st it was the 2 & 3 and now this!
    Yep. At one point, I could hit a 2i off the tee and played my 3i off turf. Age and lack of playing time...

Last 10 years to now? Not even a 4i. Have a 10-year old Tour Edge Exotics XCG ti 4H (21*). Love that thing.

Thinking about something like these MP-20 HMBs for a 5-iron. 25*. Can’t find a 5H I like.

http://golfalot.com/equipment-review...iew--4397.aspx

Trying to buy a game on the margins...SMH...

Yep. At one point, I could hit a 2i off the tee and played my 3i off turf. Age and lack of playing time...

Last 10 years to now? Not even a 4i. Have a 10-year old Tour Edge Exotics XCG ti 4H (21*). Love that thing.

Thinking about something like these MP-20 HMBs for a 5-iron. 25*. Can’t find a 5H I like.

http://golfalot.com/equipment-review...iew--4397.aspx

Trying to buy a game on the margins...SMH...
    Interesting. I just ordered a used 913H 24 to test drive and hoping it complements the 19° that just works well for me.

Kinda like washing the car, this order just generated a shift in the weather and we're now expecting over one to two feet of snow. You can thank me later this week.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

I bag 3 or 4 Titleist hybrids depending on course: 19,21,24,27. 6 is my longest iron.
    Last edited by 4matic; 11-18-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I was really "working" my driver yesterday, left , right, left , right, left , right....... really pleased that the found balls from the shag bag were in play. Were being the key factor. something clicked on back nine and I couldn't miss a fairway. Perhaps my gyroscope just was re calibrating...
    regards
    10 handicapper
    Moar claw on da back eh?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I bag 3 or 4 Titleist hybrids depending on course: 19,21,24,27. 6 is my longest iron.
    We should schedule a round so it rains. You in E Bay?

We should schedule a round so it rains. You in E Bay?
    Yep, Monarch Bay is in great shape and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Moar claw on da back eh?
    dry round, edibles only.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    dry round, edibles only.
    They took a while to kick in I guess

Name:  lay-up.png
Views: 1775
Size:  389.3 KB

As one of my buddy says: "We didn't come all this way to lay up, pussy."
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Name:  lay-up.png
Views: 1775
Size:  389.3 KB

As one of my buddy says: "We didn't come all this way to lay up, pussy."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name:  IMG_9998.JPG
Views: 1342
Size:  165.0 KB

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Sometimes not laying up gets a better score. I had a partner in a 4 ball match play league for a few years who was a 18 HC and short off the tee. 4th hole at Webster West. 350 yd 4 par with a pond in front of the green. A layup leaves 120 to dry land, 140 to the green. Drop area is on the greenside of the pond. He'd lay up and then hit into the pond from 125. Every time. So I told him "Stop laying up. Hit your 2nd shot into the drink. Take a drop and save 1 stroke every time." Turned his 8's into 7's and 7's into 6's.

Fun partner with a great attitude. The summer that his daughter was getting married the future son in law was indicted by the feds along with his father and brother in a mortgage scam the dad was running with his home building business. When I asked my partner why I hadn't gotten any wedding invite he said with a laugh "If you weren't indicted, you're not invited." The SIL got off, his brother and dad went to prison and it cost my partner a fortune.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Sometimes not laying up gets a better score.
    It's all about the danger of the miss. If there isn't any trouble other than bunkers I'm going for it every time. If I could get in any trouble that could cost me a stroke I'm laying up to 100. Worst case from there is a par for me.

Greenside bunkers don't scare me at all. Water from 250 does

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    It's all about the danger of the miss. If there isn't any trouble other than bunkers I'm going for it every time. If I could get in any trouble that could cost me a stroke I'm laying up to 100. Worst case from there is a par for me.

Greenside bunkers don't scare me at all. Water from 250 does
    Plus, I carry a 5W and no 3W so if it's a long par 5 and I'm left with 275+, the risk of missing vs reward of still being short doesn't make any sense.

it all depends on conditions eh?

Good for you. Makes sense. My partner was an 18 HC with a 125yd 7 iron. Maybe. My "Get it wet quick" advice lead to a lower score.

Interesting. I just ordered a used 913H 24 to test drive and hoping it complements the 19° that just works well for me.

Kinda like washing the car, this order just generated a shift in the weather and we're now expecting over one to two feet of snow. You can thank me later this week.
    The snow arrived as did the club. The head is in very good shape and came with new grip & shaft. I was expecting a stiff shaft to complement my others vs this Tensei DK Series 70HY Flex-R. My irons (including the 4 &/or 5 being replaced) have Aldila Green NV Hybrid 105 MLTi Pro-S shafts. My 3-Wood & 19° Hybrid have Phenom HYB 80 2.5 S.

How different will the Flex-R shaft be compared to my current array? I'm not trying to add more variables to my already inconsistent game.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

The snow arrived as did the club. The head is in very good shape and came with new grip & shaft. I was expecting a stiff shaft to complement my others vs this Tensei DK Series 70HY Flex-R. My irons (including the 4 &/or 5 being replaced) have Aldila Green NV Hybrid 105 MLTi Pro-S shafts. My 3-Wood & 19° Hybrid have Phenom HYB 80 2.5 S.

How different will the Flex-R shaft be compared to my current array? I'm not trying to add more variables to my already inconsistent game.
    If you're playing S flex shafts now and they seem good stay away from R flex. I always recommend going as stiff as your swing can handle. Stiffer = tighter dispersion

One of the biggest shortcomings of the golf industry is only selling R and S flex as stock offerings. Most good, strong golfers belong in an X flex but don't know it because of what's marketed

Golf shafts are so difficult to choose from. There's 100s of options out there and all perform so differently. It's all about experimenting and learning how specs relate to feel and performance (butt flex, tip flex, mid flex, torque, weight, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    If you're playing S flex shafts now and they seem good stay away from R flex. I always recommend going as stiff as your swing can handle. Stiffer = tighter dispersion

One of the biggest shortcomings of the golf industry is only selling R and S flex as stock offerings. Most good, strong golfers belong in an X flex but don't know it because of what's marketed

Golf shafts are so difficult to choose from. There's 100s of options out there and all perform so differently. It's all about experimenting and learning how specs relate to feel and performance (butt flex, tip flex, mid flex, torque, weight, etc)
    Thanks. I was thinking that it was not going in the right direction using the R flex. (Maybe just temporarily to at least better understand the difference.) Now the quandary is whether to literally match the other hybrid & 3-wood shafts or the iron shafts? Are the off brand adapters fine or best to go OEM?
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

No idea about aftermarket adapters but probably fine.

I'm a huge fan of Aldila shafts. I use Rogue Silver 125 msi 60tx in my driver and VS Proto 80x in my 5w, comboed with higher spin head. Rogue silver produces low spin bullets...similar to NV performance. I'm typically trying to hit a green with the 5w if I pull it out so I want higher flight with more spin for drop and stop

Found these... VS proto has really nice feel...slightly higher spin/flight than the NV. NV is low spin/low flight

Comparison of all 3 from the interwebs...The VS proto is a slightly higher launch than the NVS but it is far lower spin. It is a very tip stiff shaft with a soft butt. It has a lot more control than either the NVS or the NV

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F131882946304

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F142054577025

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F141749128908