Page 2 of 401 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    i'll be in SLC may 10 and 11, need club rentals but would love to meet up and play. staying in the Aves., or downtown if family has no room for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    i'll be in SLC may 10 and 11, need club rentals but would love to meet up and play. staying in the Aves., or downtown if family has no room for me.
    If you're serious about playing, you could consider shipping your clubs out or bringing them with you as a checked bag.

Shipping could get pricey but checking them might be comparable to decent rentals.
    The best things in life aren't things.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Add The Home Course to that, Mark. I've played one (1) round in 2012. Time to get out the clubs. Mid-week hooky golf or bad weather weekends work best for me cuz I plan to be touring on weekends with good weather. (The numbers of rounds per year is inversely proportional to skiing and mountaineering conditions.)
    Love the Home Course. I'll send you an email and we can try to make it happen Steve.

Woof! Woof!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00490-20120420-1113.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	115176  
    Last edited by Aldo; 04-30-2012 at 01:28 PM.

I like this place....it's a dog track but so much fun...the ball flies!

http://www.mtmassivegolf.com/
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I'm going to play in an hour. Hopefully I don't lose too many balls.

my league starts in 3 hours......

Good luck fellas.

I have some time to kill before class. Thinking about dicking around the putting and chipping greens for an hour or so. After knocking out the 30 pager, I need something to unwind.

Southwest. Golf clubs fly free, just like skis.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherFucker View Post
    If you're serious about playing, you could consider shipping your clubs out or bringing them with you as a checked bag.

Shipping could get pricey but checking them might be comparable to decent rentals.

spook Guest
    i played 18 yesterday earlybird. my last 3 rounds in the past two weeks i've been first or second out in the morning with nobody in sight. those are perfect conditions for me to relax and focus.

edit: it's also been drizzling the last 3 times out. i didn't play in the rain my first year, but i've decided to play unless it's a torrential downpour. it's oregon. it doesn't bother me for anything else.
    Last edited by spook; 04-26-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    I like this place....it's a dog track but so much fun...the ball flies!

http://www.mtmassivegolf.com/
    America's highest , do they sell weed on the course ?

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i played 18 yesterday earlybird. my last 3 rounds in the past two weeks i've been first or second out in the morning with nobody in sight. those are perfect conditions for me to relax and focus.

edit: it's also been drizzling the last 3 times out. i didn't play in the rain my first year, but i've decided to play unless it's a torrential downpour. it's oregon. it doesn't bother me for anything else.
    This is one of my favorite posts of the year. As a former caddie in Oregon and a spoiled childhood, I used to be able to get out at 630, 700, whenever the frost delay wore off in Nor Cal, or at 7 pm for 9, especially in the summer. Playing in rain is fun, too. Especially with a pair of RainGrips. It's amazing what those things do. The course with no one in front of you is amazing and super relaxing. First time on Riverdale Dunes outside of Denver tomorrow. Second round of the year. I hope 2 sleeves is enough.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Still snow to play in for the next 2 weekends, I'll be balls deep in the links about 3 weeks from now.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I'm in. Live near Indian peaks in Lafayette, CO.
    Count me in. In Westminster near Hyland Hills, Legacy Ridge, Lake Arbor and a few miles from Willis Case. Willing to commute for a decent course.

May is wide open but starting first week of June I'm only in for Monday and Wednesday rounds.

Might still have a couple spots open for Friday 1:09 at Riverdale Dunes if the pro shop hasn't filed it up yet.
    ^^ You still have an opening tomorrow? Been wanting to play that course for a while. I live pretty much halfway between Indian Peaks and Flatirons. Usually down for at least one weekday per week if I can find a partner. No idea what my handicap is, but I usually measure my performance in balls lost and beers downed anyway. Upper 80s to low 90s on a typical day. Hit me up if you want to get out.

1st league outing yesterday. Just got the local golf paper. Counted 25 courses within a 25 min drive at $25 for 18. Glad every day is the weekend for me.

OK - It's all about scoring. Who's else has gotten laid on a golf course?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

That's a sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    ^^ You still have an opening tomorrow? Been wanting to play that course for a while. I live pretty much halfway between Indian Peaks and Flatirons. Usually down for at least one weekday per week if I can find a partner. No idea what my handicap is, but I usually measure my performance in balls lost and beers downed anyway. Upper 80s to low 90s on a typical day. Hit me up if you want to get out.

Still two open last I checked. PM sent.

Any Bay Area players that want to go to Diablo Grande in Patterson for 36 pm me. It's light till almost 9pm. You can't beat it. Two 18 hole courses.

http://www.diablogrande.com/index.ph...diablo_grande/

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Any Bay Area players that want to go to Diablo Grande in Patterson for 36 pm me. It's light till almost 9pm. You can't beat it. Two 18 hole courses.

http://www.diablogrande.com/index.ph...diablo_grande/
    I played diablo grande for a junior tourney as a kid. 600+ yd par 5. Cool course. San Juan Oaks is a great course that's similar.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Never played in 25-40 sustained with legitimate gusts to 60 before. Not that it's an excuse; I couldn't put a good move on a single shot today. Way too quick through all aspects of the swing.

This must and will be fixed by sundown Sunday.

Hyland Hills for practice and most likely a quick loop around the South par 3 around 11 tomorrow (Saturday).

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Never played in 25-35 sustained with legitimate gusts to 60 before. Not that it's an excuse; I couldn't put a good move on a single shot today. Way too quick through all aspects of the swing.

When it's breezy swing easy.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Never played in 25-40 sustained with legitimate gusts to 60 before. Not that it's an excuse; I couldn't put a good move on a single shot today. Way too quick through all aspects of the swing.

Hyland Hills for practice and most likely a quick loop around the South par 3 around 11 tomorrow (Saturday).
    Yeah. Widen the stance, slow the swing, embrace the challenge and fuck the score. Nicklaus once needed a 2 iron to reach the 106 yd 7th at Pebble.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Yeah. Widen the stance, slow the swing, embrace the challenge and fuck the score. Nicklaus once needed a 2 iron to reach the 106 yd 7th at Pebble.
    It was brutal. Stopped taking the round seriously after the fourth and really gave up hope after 11.

That Nicklaus story is fuckin' crazy. Really? Any footage?

The other guys maintained some poise and hit some beautiful shots despite the ridic conditions.

Just looked it up. 1972 US open. Hole played to 206 from the back. Jack hit a 1 iron and hit the flag stick. Tiger would use a 5. Golf used to be a lot harder.

It was brutal. Stopped taking the round seriously after the fourth and really gave up hope after 11.

That Nicklaus story is fuckin' crazy. Really? Any footage?

The other guys maintained some poise and hit some beautiful shots despite the ridic conditions.
    Wind is hard. Someone already said, slowing down helps.

My advice, learn to hit punch shots. Ball back in your stance, swing a little shorter and keep the right hand completely out of your swing. I even weaken my right hand grip a little( I swing golf right handed) when hitting a low ball. My left hand grip is much stronger in the wind.

I can hit the driver through lob, low, if I have to. Timing is hard for me in the wind, personally. Slowing down helps.

Fortunately it will be perfect tomorrow, and throughout the next week. Sucks loveland closes sunday.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel