Page 333 of 401 FirstFirst ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 10019
    Was able to go for a 27 hole walk this week. Actually played quite consistent. Shot an 84 the first go around. Blew up on #11 (Quirky Par 5) (OB Tee Shot hitting 3, Only Chunk shot of the day, good shot that found hardpack, bladed the chip, missed the elevated green to the short side....for a 9 (We play double par contrary to the ROG)) Everything else was bogie or par. Didn't score the bonus holes but was playing pretty good so I dialed up the aggressiveness. Only had 1 bird and no blow up holes. Temps dropped and my yardages were all over the place but mainly just nice to be out. Course had no pins and pulled the cups up. I didn't take enough advantage of the circumstances (Just hit your putts with enough guts like a scramble or match play).

I did get one of those Orange Ball tempo trainers in the mail last week (mine is a yellow ball generic model) and was only able to swing it for 10 minutes at most over a few days. I was wanting to finish my back-swing a little better, get my hands a bit higher and behind me. I really noticed the difference and was quite impressed with the feeling I was getting while actually playing. It really felt that I was swinging THROUGH the ball and I was quite impressed with the training aid and the results I was getting even with such limited use.

I was blasting my drives!

Name:  Orange Whip.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  54.5 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orange Whip.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	322818  
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

.4" of rain today, a little squishy. EmptyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200329_172812.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	322888

I've got an Orange Whip that I've never used. I guess given the dearth of other exercise options, I've no excuse not to bust it out. All courses under mandatory closure in IL. Brutal. I might have to drive to Indiana or WI if we get a day or two of decent weather. (Fat chance this time of year.)

Courses shut down here.

I’m thinking walking a golf course would be a great way to get out and still practice social distancing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most clubhouses are closed (some still take $ and have restroom access) but everything but the course is closed. No ranges, putting greens, ball washers, carts...pay over the phone with cc. Now the cups have inserts so the ball does not fall in cup far, so pins stay in

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Was able to go for a 27 hole walk this week. Actually played quite consistent. Shot an 84 the first go around. Blew up on #11 (Quirky Par 5) (OB Tee Shot hitting 3, Only Chunk shot of the day, good shot that found hardpack, bladed the chip, missed the elevated green to the short side....for a 9 (We play double par contrary to the ROG)) Everything else was bogie or par. Didn't score the bonus holes but was playing pretty good so I dialed up the aggressiveness. Only had 1 bird and no blow up holes. Temps dropped and my yardages were all over the place but mainly just nice to be out. Course had no pins and pulled the cups up. I didn't take enough advantage of the circumstances (Just hit your putts with enough guts like a scramble or match play).

I did get one of those Orange Ball tempo trainers in the mail last week (mine is a yellow ball generic model) and was only able to swing it for 10 minutes at most over a few days. I was wanting to finish my back-swing a little better, get my hands a bit higher and behind me. I really noticed the difference and was quite impressed with the feeling I was getting while actually playing. It really felt that I was swinging THROUGH the ball and I was quite impressed with the training aid and the results I was getting even with such limited use.

I was blasting my drives!

Name:  Orange Whip.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  54.5 KB
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1oOv3cuP8M4
    3 orange whips...

Westchester county public courses are still open around here in New York with strict guidelines.
    I would get out there and walk to get some exercise and practice social distancing.
    I just can't.
    Maybe next weekend.

Got fresh kicks for the big day!

You be stylin girl
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post

Fresh!

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/oXGaB6WDJ5k
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Really thankful for golf these days.

Last night was beautiful and this weekend looks fantastic!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0893.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	248.7 KB 
ID:	323441  

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Snuck out yesterday and in order to go back today I brought my wife and kid for a QuaranTEE time. Everybody enjoyed the fresh air. 86 yesterday 82 today.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

-3 on the front today and finished +3.

The buzz I caught on the back was worth it...fun day

Chipping practice. Making lemonade.

Film at 11
    Last edited by wooley12; 04-04-2020 at 07:58 PM.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Courses in NY are open but everything else is closed so bring your own and pee in the trees, pay by cc over the phone. I'm gonna go for a walk on the course down the street one day soon. It's a great mt course, semi private and cheap at $35 for 18. Nutmeg you should come check it out when you're up to it, it's in Somers.

Love my orange whip - helps me with getting stretched out before rounds, smoothing out tempo, and getting into a good position on the transition.

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Love my orange whip - helps me with getting stretched out before rounds, smoothing out tempo, and getting into a good position on the transition.
    I didn't use it between playing and I never really had the feeling I was getting before on Thursday and it was left in the closet. Used it a few minutes when I went home and for 5 minutes warming up on the Tee box Friday. I really dig it.

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Courses in NY are open but everything else is closed so bring your own and pee in the trees, pay by cc over the phone. I'm gonna go for a walk on the course down the street one day soon. It's a great mt course, semi private and cheap at $35 for 18. Nutmeg you should come check it out when you're up to it, it's in Somers.
    All of Westchester county courses are open plus Sterling Farms in Stamford, CT.
    I'm just waiting to fully recover to end the quarantine so I can get out and get some fresh air.
    It's been 23 days since I saw outside the world.

Thanks for the info.
    That's a bit of way up, so I'll probably stick with Westchester county courses.
    Let me know if you head down this way.
    We can meet and greet 6 feet a part and maybe walk 18 holes together.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7100.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	324493

First full round of the year for me. Course is still closed for the winter. I walked 3 holes two weeks ago in the snow. I thought about taking the cart but thought it might be a little to wet still. The wife gave me this little carry bag for Christmas so thought I better use it. Took a driver , a 23* hybrid, 7 iron, wedge, and my putter. It’s going g to take a while to get back in form but did get my first birdie of the year on a par 3.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

County executive here shut down all golf courses (except for state-run courses). Said he was getting many complaints

All of Westchester county courses are open plus Sterling Farms in Stamford, CT.
    I'm just waiting to fully recover to end the quarantine so I can get out and get some fresh air.
    It's been 23 days since I saw outside the world.

Thanks for the info.
    That's a bit of way up, so I'll probably stick with Westchester county courses.
    Let me know if you head down this way.
    We can meet and greet 6 feet a part and maybe walk 18 holes together.
    Better get here quick. Mayor Martin is closing both courses after the 10th. Just announced.

I broke quarantine absconded to Indiana yesterday to play. Unseasonable 80F. Course was PACKED. I couldn't get on until 4PM; managed to get in 12 holes of solo golf before calling it quits. Highlight of the day was a bird on the par 5 first. Lots of balls in the woods and water thereafter...

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    Better get here quick. Mayor Martin is closing both courses after the 10th. Just announced.
    Haven’t had symptoms & fever without medication two days now.
    Tomorrow, I can finally end 26 day quarantine.

Got tee times at Sprain Lake on Saturday and Saxon Woods on Sunday.
    Wanted to walk both days but not sure if my lungs and legs can handle after 3 week COVID-19 fight and 4 week quarantine.
    Will disinfect the cart before and after the ride while wearing mask.
    I can’t wait to get out.