Page 347 of 402 FirstFirst ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 10029
    routine is secondary to confidence walking into it..

For you. If that works for you. No routine I mean. It works. Until it doesn't. We're talking about regaining confidence here. Never saw a putt made by someone talking negative about it. "Don't be long". "This is a toughie". "Hope I don't three putt". Never works out. Ever see Tin Cup?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Putted a bit better yesterday at men’s night. Made a few, missed a few. Hitting the ball like a dream right now. Chipping has come around too, not good but not so bad that it’s costing me shots. Going on vacation to Venice next week, might play there one day. Club Championship first weekend in September. Not a chance I can win it but hopefully I can post three good rounds to my handicap

You sound a bit more mechanical.
    My routine involves the Grey matter first and foremost.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    You sound a bit more mechanical.
    My routine involves the Grey matter first and foremost.

Among other things...

I've been playing a bunch lately, maybe too much for my back honestly. Tee and short game around/on the green are pretty solid recently, irons, especially inside 130 not so much. Wedges are all climbing the face and consistently coming up short, always something to work on.

been experimenting with sober rounds lately and its paying dividends !
    go figure

go figure
    Proof miracles are possible I guess.

I also have quit smoking weed and playing
    go figure

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    I also have quit smoking weed and playing
    I'm a big golfer who loves to smoke the pot and I don't go near it on the course.

A TINY hit might be ok but anything more than that kills my game
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

John Jacobs to Gary McCord while he was driving Gary to a hospital to be treated for congestive heart failure… “Do you know why I’m not playing so well?” Gary chocked out “No!” John answered “Because I practice sober and play drunk.”

https://www.mcall.com/news/mc-xpm-20...048-story.html

76 - not sober

76 - not sober

Welcome back to the "fell off the wagon meetings", we missed you for the last few weeks.

43 9 with 2 doubles, wedges still suck!

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    We are probably heading down sometime in October.
    Our already paid trip got postponed due to boyfriend’s shoulder surgery in June.
    Bring enough photos and stories to share!
    I've admittedly done a poor job of documenting recent golf trips, perhaps a Bandon/Pinehurst/Streamsong/AZ 2020 TR is due.

Heading back to Bandon in October for a week - it pays to have a friend with a house on the ocean and $125 round trip flights from PHX.

In the zone.

Crazy luck for me yesterday. The course was hard, dry and fast. I Squibbed my drive on 18 to the short far right. Trees blocking any shot at the green. Ball above my feet tight lie. So I aimed 30 yards to the left of the pin at a mound across the fairway. Hit a cut shot. with the System 3000 driver off the deck from about 190. Ball was curving hard when it hit the mound and took off for the green. After a 42 front I missed the 20' birdie putt by an inch and carded an 86.

3 Birdies today in an up and down around. That’s a lot for me. At least 4 penalty strokes. A new approach to putting is really helping.

Big Bertha irons are so good. I clanked a couple off center and they were straight and true to distance. So easy to hit.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Played 9 hole like shit.
    But birdie on the 9th gonna make me play again tomorrow.
    Newly added 5 iron gives me the distance but no direction.
    Story of my life.

Happy to hear you are playing, 4matic.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Happy to hear you are playing, 4matic.
    Thanks. Walked 18. Super tired and sore. San Ramon muni.

Play slowed down and drunken idiot yells at ME about slow play on 18 fairway. His group had young child and we had a woman in our group. Yeah, I yell back. Coach mode.
    Two people in our group reported him to the clubhouse that we were afraid to go to our cars. Not sure what he got but you should have seen the disappointment on other golfers faces. Come on man..

So.
    I’m an official weekend golfer now that I got in a verbal altercation at a municipal golf course on weekend.

It was two weeks ago.
    Me and my two friends were blazing through 11
    holes.
    At 12, we waited some time because of the group in front of us, the group in front of them, who knows how long the chain goes.
    Anyways, the wait was guaranteed so I decided to try a second shot with a 5 iron that my friend no longer wants it.
    Group behind us had something to say about my second shot which I didn’t hear at the moment.
    I heard what they said from my friends and I confronted the guy who said it.
    “Yo, you got something to say? Then say it at my face instead of mumbling behind!”.
    Of course the whole group had something to say.
    Me vs. three guys.
    My two wholesome Korean friends were just in shock to see me confronting them the way I did.
    I ended the conversation “Unless you want to hurry it up so we can all wait together, just relax. For god’s sake, it’s Sunday!”.
    For my surprise, guy with the big mouth came and apologized at the next tee box which I appreciated.

We finished 18 hole in 4 hours.

Stuff I already knew proved with science:

1) HOW LONG WILL A GOLF BALL LAST IF I DON'T LOSE IT?

Most balls don't stick around long enough for it to matter, but what would happen if you played with the same one for 10 rounds? Would the scuffs and hundreds of whacks make it perform worse? Dean Snell, a former golf-ball designer at Titleist and TaylorMade who now runs Snell Golf, says you'd have to hit a premium ball at least 100 times with a driver—at tour-level swing speeds—to see any cover cracking. Most balls, he says, will survive more than 250 hits before any deterioration. Scuffs aren't even a big deal if they haven't chopped up the dimples. Temperature and water are bigger enemies. Below freezing and above 100, the polymers that make up the various layers stiffen or soften, both of which impact ball speed and spin rate. Playing balls you find in the water isn't a great idea, either: "Water can seep into the core, and that costs you distance and speed," Snell says. "Velocity slows after 48 hours in the water, but the ball really loses speed after two to three weeks in the water." The perfect conditions for ball performance? Think San Diego, dry and 70 degrees.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/cra...ign=golfdigest

I'd wager most used balls sold on line came from water hazards.

"Velocity slows after 48 hours in the water, but the ball really loses speed after two to three weeks in the water."

It doesnt say if you can dry them out. Doubt it.

Some excitement in the Old Fart Friday League yesterday. Hot and humid with the greens and fairways rolling fast. Guess the heat got to Mrs Wooley. After 4 putting the 6th she couldn't walk to the 7th tee. I gave her a cool wet towel for her neck and my Gator ade and called the clubhouse to send out a someone with cart to bring her in. I regrouped and finished par, bogie, par for a 40.

I took this week off to burn some PTO with the thought of biking. Of course, the smoke changed those plans. So, I finally hit the course for a round. Probably the first time playing in about 15-17yrs. The clubhouse handed me the Calloway Mavrik rental clubs and I hit the range to try and remember how to swing. I'd say about 1/3 of my hits went where I wanted them to, it wasn't looking too promising.

I had looked at the tee time sign-up and picked a spot with little traffic, plus I was by myself and in a cart. Hopefully to give me no pressure on play. I actually hit decently right off the bat and felt better. Maybe it wasn't the pressure of being watched like on the range (or perceived pressure). The greens were amazingly fast and it took the entire front 9 to try and figure that out. I had fun, gave myself a few mulligans, and picked up Mrs Griz and some drinks at the turn. She enjoyed being my driver and being out on the course. I got tired and sloppy off the tee by the end, but the putting got better.

I ended up at the local shop and got fitted for clubs. Ordered some entry level Tour Edge hl4 clubs and hope to get out a few more times before the snow flies. A few lessons in the spring.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Iowagriz; 09-19-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Best source for a deal on bags or push carts?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk