Page 313 of 402 FirstFirst ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 10027
    super cool experience

After only playing 10 or so rounds in the last 15 years, I decided I want to get back into the game.
    Purchased some used Taylormade R11 woods and some RSi 1 irons.
    Looking forward to playing more than just the obligatory business meeting round.

I hate golf.

I'm going to Streamsong in a couple weeks and I feel like Ive never played the game before. Ive been playing for 20 years.

I have a true home grown swing, its fundamentally sound and I waver from a 8-12 hc. I tend to get too steep at times and my miss is trench of turf. I have been rocking a 10 finger grip my entire life, i have fucking tentacles and both interlock and overlap grips feel like torture to my fingers.

I dont think I make any lasting progress in my game at this point until I fix my grip, thoughts?

edit: I cant read putts. might be the one shoe, idk.
    edit 2: I think im sliding my hips with my irons...how do I stop doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    edit 2: I think im sliding my hips with my irons...how do I stop doing that?
    Hit balls with your feet together.

I had many of the problems you have. I rebuilt my homegrown swing from scratch. It still doesn't feel natural and my low scores are not much lower but I eliminated crazy high scores. It can be done but you have to commit to the change.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Hit balls with your feet together.
    This and slow down. I haven't played or practiced much yet this season since it seemingly has rained daily here with temps more like April than May or June and had a horrific 9 (pretty sure the ugliest I've ever played) earlier this week filling in for someone in a league match, I literally could not get an iron up in the air the whole 9. I went to the range yesterday and hit what I thought was at half speed, many with my feet together or close to it, and managed to get back to my typical mediocre at best swing. For me, feet together takes balance/transition down issues (jumping or sliding) out of my swing and promotes a smoother overall swing. Playing in a tournament tomorrow so we'll see if it translates to the course but it honestly could not have gotten worse than earlier this week.

New GW, SW, LW arriving in couple days. My wedges needed to be replaced badly last year...can't wait to be able to control spin again

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0593.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	285037
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Name:	IMG_0603.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	285097

Name:  IMG_0604.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  87.4 KB

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Loading my wife's clubs into the car for her league tomorrow morning and I noticed her ball marker.

Name:	KIMG1254.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	456.2 KB 
ID:	285390
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Got a last minute call yesterday to fill a spot on the Valley Cup team in the after noon. No warmups and cold I smoked my opening drive 3 wood to 125 from the green, short right bad chip and a bogie. Then I met the wrong side of every tree and bush on the front side to limp in with a 48. At the turn I had my favorite bar tender pour me a full vodka on the rocks from the well and came into the house with a no birdie 40. Won $20 somehow.

Just stopped by local shop looking for shafts for new wedges I need to dial in.

Accidentally looked in the used bin and they had mint M2 with Rogue silver 60x...the exact shaft profile I use (currently using 913D2 with 70x whiteboard).

Hit it and ohhh my. Driver is already one of my strengths and this thing is pure. Incredibly tight dispersion with the shaft...tighter than the whiteboard, which is tough to beat.

Same ball flight I prefer, with low spin penetrating baby cut, but with more jump off the face. Performs better when you give er too.

Look out world...

Name:	IMG_0643.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	291.6 KB 
ID:	285636

Name:	IMG_0642.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	285637

Ended up with a 6-some at the Links Monday afternoon. $30 after 1pm. Just did 2-man/cart scramble. After five IPA's and a bunch of rips my game disintegrated, my partner with rips only lit it up. We won. But there was never a bet so it was all good...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Update on my new love...

The rogue silver in it is tour issue. $700 msrp on the shaft.

Now I know why it felt so good

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Ended up with a 6-some at the Links Monday afternoon. $30 after 1pm. Just did 2-man/cart scramble. After five IPA's and a bunch of rips my game disintegrated, my partner with rips only lit it up. We won. But there was never a bet so it was all good...
    i would not be able to hit straight after 5 beers. i might not be able to hit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Update on my new love...

Sweet bin dive!

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i would not be able to hit straight after 5 beers. i might not be able to hit at all.
    practice, practice, practice

you don't jump in at the deep end, start with 2-3 beers and work your way up

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    practice, practice, practice

you don't jump in at the deep end, start with 2-3 beers and work your way up
    haha i'm on the downside of those days. i rarely drink anything at all anymore. haven't inhaled smoke in more than a year, haven't inhaled anything since christmas eve.

mostly i don't like the way i feel and i pretty much never drink during anything remotely physical. though i did have 4 pints of a decent stout last weekend and was dancing salsa until 2am. "bien hecho, spook! los gringos normalmente no se mueven asi!

PGA Pro John Jacobs came out of a slump by changing his habits. He was practicing drunk and playing sober. Switched to playing drunk too.

A guy that I've played with more that a few times was locally famous. Drank his way to a course record 63 during a wild College Alum tournament and passed out on 18 after sinking his last putt.

I played with a guy who started popping beer in the parking lot and never stopped til 18.
    He shot 71 even par.

I don’t really drink while I’m playing.
    Maybe I should change my strategy.

I don't think you have what it takes to go that route. Don't think you have the dedication to put your liver on the line. A good thing.

I only exercise my liver on weekends and vacations.
    Gotta pick and choose the battle.

I knew you didn't have what it takes to "train" every day. I played in a mixed league of guys and gals and the gals liked to pound beers down and shoot 63 for nine while they laughed the whole time. A beer at the turn us a good way to hydrate if you are keeping score.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Update on my new love...

Very Nice. I'm rocking the very similar 70. Was playing the M2 and that club allowed me to hit so many 300 yd+ drives than I ever had in quick time. Finagled a little eBay Craigslist swap for a no cost M3 face upgrade. M2 was a little longer, was also a 9* vs current 10.5. Would say they are both very equal and forgiving, so Great Score. Such a sweet combo with that shaft too... KA BOOOM
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Very Nice. I'm rocking the very similar 70. Was playing the M2 and that club allowed me to hit so many 300 yd+ drives than I ever had in quick time. Finagled a little eBay Craigslist swap for a no cost M3 face upgrade. M2 was a little longer, was also a 9* vs current 10.5. Would say they are both very equal and forgiving, so Great Score. Such a sweet combo with that shaft too... KA BOOOM
    Played first round with it. Set it up at 9.75, flat, open 2*. I demoed it at 8.5, 4* open and didn't adjust during demo. Cuts were a little bigger than I like but I knew I could adjust. 2* open still a little too much open so I'm going to standard 10.5 neutral.

The combo is an absolute beast. It's incredible how it gets better the more you get after it. So fucking stable

It's almost like there's zero spin and at a lower mid flight. Every other shaft that has penetrating flight is a little lower flight so there's extra carry with it.

The engineering behind it is awesome too

the past couple weeks i have lost the good feeli g i had been building on. yesterday i had a two way miss going -- normally i just slice. since i started making some changes i have been hooking a little more and slicing less. the past 2 days i have been totally lost. normally i am reliable with my irons, short game and putting. yyesterday my irons and short game abandoned me but i had 8 1 putts and only 1 3 putt. today i had a one way miss, struck the ball a little better, but could not putt for shit. 8 3putts, 2 1 putts, 42 total which i think is my worst ever. after 2 consecutive rounds sub 30.

it's a funny game. one thing i have gotten better at the past year is not getting too frustrated or too excited.

i'm trending in the right direction.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

District qualifier in a week and I'm just getting new wedges built and new driver in the bag for about a week.

I've got a lot of practice time to get in in next week to get ready

Finger still fucked up but doesn't seem to affect my game

Name:	IMG_0678.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	223.8 KB 
ID:	286107