Page 402 of 402 FirstFirst ... 397 398 399 400 401 402
Results 10,026 to 10,029 of 10029
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    T-minus 5 weeks til I leave for Scotland with the old man. 8 days of golf festivities. 5 18s, a round a Musselborough Old Links, and a free day to hopefully play the Himalayas putting course in St. Andrews. Dialing in the last few details...working on hitting the new this year driving iron off the tee and bump and runs.

Need to get 5 rounds in prior to roll a few oddly low scores (4.8 and 5.4 diffs) when I caught fire last summer out of my handicap so that I don't get fleeced by my pops and his buddies.
    Sick, where ya playing?

Played my first 18 hole after work round this Monday. Was a beautiful day, warm, clear, save for a passing shower lol, but it felt great to get back out. Bought some new to me irons over the winter and it’s going to be a good year. Making a point to walk more and drink less this season. We’ll see how that pans out. The mushrooms will help for sure…

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Sick, where ya playing?
    First couple days w/ just old man: arrival 9 at Old Musselborough Links with hickory clubs. Following day at Dunbar. Then day off for transfer from Dunbar -> St Andrews by way of Edinburgh.

Then join another 8 folks:
    - Kingsbarn
    - Carnoustie
    - Crail Balcomie
    - Day off: putting competition at The Himalayas
    - St Andrews Castle
    - St Andrews Old

Rounds 1-4 (Kingsbarn to Castle) are a 4 day competition--The 2024 Ripple Cup Invitational Qualifier Open Championship--culminating in a Degenerates dinner. Didn't want to complicate all of our first rounds at the Old by adding pressure of such a major trophy.

The boys don't know it yet; but I got custom tees for all, with plenty to go around and leave wherever we embarrass ourselves. https://imgur.com/a/N1sZMba

Looks good, I’ve been lucky enough to have played Carnoustie and Kingsbarns. The latter is absolutely unreal, treasure it!