Page 349 of 402 FirstFirst ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,725 of 10029
    Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Pretty sure I hit to the fairway on the hole to the left by mistake, had no idea where the green was...that was about all I can remember from that day, well with the exception of Mik**** that is.
    Uhm - you snapped it left on first tee up above those bunkers, topped the next one..... hot and cold is what I'd recall ?? Mikaela made it all better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Uhm - you snapped it left on first tee up above those bunkers, topped the next one..... hot and cold is what I'd recall ?? Mikaela made it all better.
    Not much has changed there since...

Not much has changed there since...

you're probably good at other things. You know a lot about beer.... We were at Foam a few weeks ago...mmmm

and it's insane to me that you remember the drink cart girls name. what was that 5 years ago? fucking pervert. though to be fair, she's likely legal now...

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    and it's insane to me that you remember the drink cart girls name. what was that 5 years ago? fucking pervert. though to be fair, she's likely legal now...
    I remember the important things but I know for a fact Aldo remembered her name too. You left and she all of the sudden was happy to hang out with us, coincidence . Thanks for the heads up you were in town, shows where I rank.

I remember the important things but I know for a fact Aldo remembered her name too. You left and she all of the sudden was happy to hang out with us, coincidence . Thanks for the heads up you were in town, shows where I rank.
    visiting my son, not trying to see anyone really. Not sure my zip code is even welcome up there, but i dont go anywhere- golf, boat, work from home. I cant wait to hang with people again.

golf related, we've had individual carts all year, and I play fast so generally like it. Last Monday a buddy and I played a local muni and rode in the same cart and were commenting a few days later on how much it added to the experience and was mentally beneficial.

I was just giving you shit, no worries. I didn't even know you had another one up here now. I've been similar, golf, boat and work with limited socializing outside that. Played a round with MNIAW last week, was good to see him for the first time all summer. I rarely ride but played with a friend at his track (not a walking friendly course) last week and shared a cart, was a bit odd at first but agree, it was nice once I got over the initial awkwardness off being that close to someone outside of my household.

Fortunately we both had miles to travel post round as you left us on your account out on the patio. Mikaela was worried about the tires in her car handling the winter coming up the driveway of the club, I recall trying to broker some sort of deal with her...

Mmp- I wish I was going that way soon I’d love to see the place and hang again! Cool spot would love to see how some of those holes have matured. I’ll for sure keep you posted if anywhere near there!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Fortunately we both had miles to travel post round as you left us on your account out on the patio. Mikaela was worried about the tires in her car handling the winter coming up the driveway of the club, I recall trying to broker some sort of deal with her...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Haha, I believe there were multiple versions of a "deal" discussed now that you remind me of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Depends on your handicap, expectations, and the weather. My GHIN was a -3 when I played 8 rounds in four days. I could count on one hand the number of strokes not using a caddy cost me and I used a push cart. I only made one major mistake (#2 on Trails). I did have a yardage book. The guys I played with certainly needed them to find their ball in the rough and blame them for their bad scores.

I just prefer managing my own game.

I did let the other guys caddies use my rangefinder.

Which course are you playing?

https://bandondunesgolfshop.com/prod...iant=241970511
    Thanks for the advice. We’re playing Bandon Dunes. I’ll hold off on the caddie and make sure to pick up a yardage book. Just want to make sure there aren’t a ton a blind tee shots, but it sounds like I can handle it without a caddie. I’m pretty stoked about the round and can’t wait to see the courses.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    Thanks for the advice. We’re playing Bandon Dunes. I’ll hold off on the caddie and make sure to pick up a yardage book. Just want to make sure there aren’t a ton a blind tee shots, but it sounds like I can handle it without a caddie. I’m pretty stoked about the round and can’t wait to see the courses.
    There’s very little difference between Bandon Dunes and Pacific Dunes. Same style. Both great. Trails is my favorite on the property but I haven’t played SR. It doesn’t get the recognition because it’s largely through forest.

Enjoy.

https://breakingeighty.com/bandon-trails

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    You guys are helping me to become a bogey player.
    I’ll make it happen next year!!
    Short game!!

Especially chipping...for most people anyway.

Biggest tip I give to players that struggle around the greens is JUST MAKE DECENT CONTACT with a smooth pendulum swing so you hit club center. It kills me to see weaker players trying to get cute with every chip. Good contact and nothing else will get you close enough to have a chance vs the thin rocket or flub that usually results from trying to hard to hit the perfect chip. Usually costs them a stroke every other hole
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

This is my game to a tee
    Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Short game!!

Biggest tip I give to players that struggle around the greens is JUST MAKE DECENT CONTACT with a smooth pendulum swing so you hit club center. It kills me to see weaker players trying to get cute with every chip. Good contact and nothing else will get you close enough to have a chance vs the thin rocket or flub that usually results from trying to hard to hit the perfect chip. Usually costs them a stroke every other hole

Fall golf at the finest.
    LPGA Amateur family and friend day at Apple Greens in the Catskills.
    All kind of different apple trees through out the course which we were allow to fill up our bag.
    Fresh apples for breakfast for days!

Eating apples off the tree and fall golf. Priceless.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Short game!!

I try to keep the club more vertical, on short chips, and the damn ball first

I couldn’t believe how delicious apples are right off the tree.
    I don’t even know what kind of apples I ate but they were all so good!!

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Damn, that's one narrow fairway!

Really gorgeous fall day Tuesday for my weekly.
    Finished nine up with a par and birdie. Felt good getting a few evening bonus holes after.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201006_193206.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	848.4 KB 
ID:	342850

11th. Looking into the twilight.

Look, I'm glad that COVID/Quarantine has stemmed golf's slow death. But I'm annoyed because I took a halfday off work today to play a round, tee time was 2pm and I couldn't even finish 18 before sunset at 6:30. GRRR
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Got the men’s night closing tournament today. Breakfast, followed by 18 holes in a steady, cold rain... Oh joy. Evening is dinner, prizes and much good German 🍻

Post round beverage view. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201010_170343.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	343052

More golf stoke. Took a ride around my daughter's new hood and caught this view. Picture perfect golf weather at Chambers Bay. Haven't. Played it. Probably will.

Name:	IMG_3648.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	343672
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    More golf stoke. Took a ride around my daughter's new hood and caught this view. Picture perfect golf weather at Chambers Bay. Haven't. Played it. Probably will.

Name:	IMG_3648.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	343672
    Playing there tomorrow. First timer. Haven't swung a club since my company's golf league ended in August... should be interesting.

Fall golf in Hudson Valley.

Still chasing sub 90.

Played Mammoth Dunes yesterday and Sand Valley a few weeks ago in central WI. Had fun yesterday despite the cooler temps, ~40*

Lots of roll on these fairways. Used a forecaddie who helped tremendously, shot a decent score for never having played the course before. [Not So Humble Brag] 39-41 [/NSHB]

2.5 hour frost delay, we're next on the first tee.

Name:	5C4C80E9-3856-45F7-98C5-3EC6BBB7DEFD_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	654.3 KB 
ID:	344308

Front 9 par 5 tee box

Name:	BDEE1B3C-6765-448C-A098-096B245618EF_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	725.3 KB 
ID:	344311

Fairways were generous and in very good condition for so late in the season.