Page 352 of 401 FirstFirst ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,800 of 10024

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

I had and wish I still had my ping eye 2’s. Its basically a game improvement iron with offset so be careful if you switch. You can get the grooves sharpened.

The biggest change is hybrids and fairway metals. I’ve had injuries and just had shoulder surgery so I can’t practice much but I’m sticking with my current bag:

Titleist 10.5 Driver
    Titleist 15 3 wood
    Titleist 19 5 wood. (Great club!)
    Titleist 21/24/27 hybrids.
    Callaway BigBertha 6-pw

*all of the above are stock graphite regular.

Vokey 50/54/58 wedge flex steel. I might try to work a Vokey 46 in there.

It’s hard to manage gap between 6 iron and 5 hybrid but I think the sacrifice is worth it. It’s so easy to get 5 hybrid way up in the air.

I wouldn’t spend a lot of money on new clubs unless you have it to burn. No need. It’s also risky to buy new clubs after a “fitting”. If you get fitted take those numbers and buy a cheap used set that’s close. Then you have a baseline. I’ve seen a lot of people hit their fitted clubs like crap.

Bottom line. You can work new clubs in around those PE2’s.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Ha

Ebay is still king for used clubs
    Time to retire the System 3000's.
    Maybe this?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mizuno-MP20...Condition=3000
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Used to have Ping Eye2s. Can’t really say new clubs helped me save more strokes due to the new tech.

If you want lightly used clubs, go to golfwrx BST forum. Got my Mizunos from a dentist there...
    I still have my Eye2 red dots 2 thru SW, pulled them out for a few late season rounds this year, square grooves ftw.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Ha

Ebay is still king for used clubs
    True, but the golfwrx guys have the golf equivalent of ON3Ps or Black Crows or whatever the flavor of the month is for “tour issued” golf crap...

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Time to retire the System 3000's.
    Maybe this?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mizuno-MP20...Condition=3000
    I hit the MP20 MBs, the MMCs and the HMBs. I got the MBs 8-PW and the MMC 5-7, but the HMB/MMC combo would be great. (I don’t care that I’m not a 0-5 index; I like hitting the MBs and I’m not playing for $.)

Couple things:
    - I’ve tried Recoils in the appropriate profile and stiffness for my swing in a set of Titleist AP2 712s and found the distance dispersion was weird. Sometimes the ball would spin up and drop straight down, sometimes the ball flight was piercing. That combo was funky for me. My buddy has that set now.

- I tried the HMBs with my current preferred shafts - Modus3 105-S - and they spun a little bit much but not too bad. Maybe try with a 120 shaft if they spin too much. Modus3 105s are pretty light. (My 6i swing speed is ~83-84 mph; smooth release)

- the MMCs are a nice blend of control and a bit of forgiveness. Bent them 1* weak to blend them better with the MBs, which I bent 1* strong. Gaps work well for me.

These look sweet. Been saving all my change so I could fund it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Titleist-Ap...4AAOSwiWBfvRFj

Mild and calm day at Chambers Bay today. Nobody was out. No pins set.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG2731 (1).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	350739

These look sweet. Been saving all my change so I could fund it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Titleist-Ap...4AAOSwiWBfvRFj

Mild and calm day at Chambers Bay today. Nobody was out. No pins set.

Name:	KIMG2731 (1).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	350739
    Beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    It’s hard to manage gap between 6 iron and 5 hybrid but I think the sacrifice is worth it. It’s so easy to get 5 hybrid way up in the air.
    Yes...because manufacturers sell distance. Our hybrid goes further!...doesn't mean dick to me. I want control.

I play a 3H with a steel shaft cut down to about 1/2" over 3i length. I think most 3H play 1-1.5" over 3i length which gives you more distance but can give you fucked up gaps depending on your setup. I just want an easier to hit 3i, not a 3i that goes further

Drivers are made the same way...all about distance. Some are 46" out of the factory. That's the worst thing an average golfer could put in his bag. I play 44.5" driver for better ball striking. Center contact on 44.5" driver gives you more distance than off center contact on 45-46" and way more control. Same theory applies to hybrids built for EXTREME distance
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll just keep the classic Ping Eye 2's, and invest in practice and perhaps a lesson or two. I have an old hybrid that needs to be replaced.

Nice pic of chambers Wooley! I bought a round on their black Friday sale and plan to use prime time late summer!

Chambers is on my bucket list. Played 18 today. Didn't keep a score other than noting I had 4 pars and a slew or "others". Brutal.

Chambers is on my bucket list. Played 18 today. Didn't keep a score other than noting I had 4 pars and a slew or "others". Brutal.

Crazy windu. Pars are birdies in those conditions in my book!

Was that in the Snoqualmie valley? I am moving out there in the spring.

Chambers is sweet. Not worth the price in my opinion, but I said what the hell for a decent deal and a special round.

Yep, Snoqualmie Falls GC. Flat and shortish. Mt Si is my home course where everyone knows me. Eyes may roll if you mention my name. Cascade GC was my home. Now it's an 18 hole Frisbee golf track. A very good track so I'm told if you're into that. Be sure to check in when you get here.

selling my putter, driver, and 5 wood.
    odyssey triple track two-ball: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...49513595261141
    $125 to a mag
    PING G410 Driver and 5-wood: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...99241444592240
    $375 to a mag
    swing your fucking sword.

WITB - What’s in the bag?

Name:	IMG_8162.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	262.8 KB 
ID:	350972

Name:	IMG_8163.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	707.7 KB 
ID:	350973

I'm shopping new to me sticks. I played a round with MP 4's. I like something with a thinner sole.
    Upgrading from these

Name:	KIMG1831.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	350982

Thank you for the TR, puma!
    Don’t know when I’ll be able to pay a visit but definitely one day!!

11 rounds competed during 13 days off.
    Lowered PB from 91 to 90.
    All I needed was a bogey or better but doubled at 18th and couldn’t break 90.
    It is really close though.
    I can feel it!!

Yep, Snoqualmie Falls GC. Flat and shortish. Mt Si is my home course where everyone knows me. Eyes may roll if you mention my name. Cascade GC was my home. Now it's an 18 hole Frisbee golf track. A very good track so I'm told if you're into that. Be sure to check in when you get here.
    Will do. I have played Mt Si and Snoqualmie. I liked Mt Si better for sure. It will also be minutes from our place. (driving range is good to have too!) I am excited. I was thinking about joining the men's club. I'll ping you when we get out there early spring! My golf is not spectacular, but I have fun trying!

WITB - What’s in the bag?

Name:	IMG_8162.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	262.8 KB 
ID:	350972

Name:	IMG_8163.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	707.7 KB 
ID:	350973
    Nice...I'll play

I went in to hit the Mizzy mp-20s with the intention of buying the same combo set as you but these apex MBs made my pee pee feel funnier than the mp-20 blades when I hit them. I've been playing them since this spring and still can't believe how well they perform.

Name:	IMG_2627.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	351067

Name:	IMG_2631.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	351068

Name:	IMG_2628.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	351069

Name:	IMG_2629.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	351070
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Nice...I'll play

I went in to hit the Mizzy mp-20s with the intention of buying the same combo set as you but these apex MBs made my pee pee feel funnier than the mp-20 blades when I hit them. I've been playing them since this spring and still can't believe how well they perform.

Name:	IMG_2627.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	351067

Name:	IMG_2631.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	351068

Name:	IMG_2628.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	351069

Name:	IMG_2629.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	351070
    Noice! Picking clubs and shafts is as subjective as picking ski boots.

I’m waiting on delivery of a Titleist TS2 Driver with a Tensei Blue S. About as smooth mid-body but firmer at the tip than the Blueboard in my current driver. We’ll see!

^

I tried tensei blue ck's on my m6 driver and 3w 2 seasons ago in an attempt to eliminate the left side of the course with a firmer tip with decent results but still not exactly what I was looking for feel wise. After trying an m6 with ck orange late season in a demo day I made the switch on both last winter, slightly stiffer than blue but nowhere near white. Helped me immensely this season in my quest to go from a predominantly right to left pull draw off the tee to a slight fade more often than not. Without the demo I probably would have never left the blue but side by side comparison with my setup and the same m6 head with orange sold me, lower spin numbers were hard to deny.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    ^

I tried tensei blue ck's on my m6 driver and 3w 2 seasons ago in an attempt to eliminate the left side of the course with a firmer tip with decent results but still not exactly what I was looking for feel wise. After trying an m6 with ck orange late season in a demo day I made the switch on both last winter, slightly stiffer than blue but nowhere near white. Helped me immensely this season in my quest to go from a predominantly right to left pull draw off the tee to a slight fade more often than not. Without the demo I probably would have never left the blue but side by side comparison with my setup and the same m6 head with orange sold me, lower spin numbers were hard to deny.
    Good to know. I have the ability to swap out the club if I don’t like it. What’s your SS and release like?

My driver SS is about 98 mph and a pretty smooth transition/release. Hit it straight/slight fade with current set up.

Good to know. I have the ability to swap out the club if I don’t like it. What’s your SS and release like?

My driver SS is about 98 mph and a pretty smooth transition/release. Hit it straight/slight fade with current set up.
    Always a good thing when trying new sticks. Similar on the SS, I am 100-102 but working towards your transition as mine is too aggressive. Trying a new swing aid/trainer over the winter in addition to trackman once a week or so in an attempt to be more fluid and not force the club down from the top. Also want to shorten my swing by 20% or so, focus more on accuracy than distance since I ain't getting any younger. My home course doesn't require a lot of distance but if you spray it off the tee either way you are dead on most holes and approaches to small greens with a lot of break require precision for a chance at bird.
    Last edited by FussyDutchman; 12-07-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    My home course doesn't require a lot of distance but if you spray it off the tee either way you are dead on most holes and approaches to small greens with a lot of break requires precision for a chance at bird.
    3 metal for tee shot sounds like a better option. Or, shorten your driver to 44~

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    3 metal for tee shot sounds like a better option. Or, shorten your driver to 44~
    I use it, mainly on 4s <350 but could definitely use it more often. The pull draw was more prominent with 3w so it is taking more time to trust it over driver, especially on holes with ob or trouble left.

Was in Maui for 10 days around Thanksgiving and got to play Kapalua Bay and the Plantation. Holy shit was that fun. The Plantation is incredible. Amazing track!

Name:	62821044139__214E4773-D1D1-4E2A-91F6-6A788265507B.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	361.7 KB 
ID:	351761

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL