Page 237 of 402 FirstFirst ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 10029
    Played golf for less than a dollar /hole the other day. The Legacy, Ray Floyd track outside of Nashville. It would be a quirky, stupid course at $60+, but at $16 including a cart it's just downright fun. The cart path is bumpy as FUCK though. I'll get some pics next time. GolfNow hot deals can be legit. Course is in decent shape with pretty nice greens, too.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Guy I'm playing against tonight shot a 68 for 9 holes last week.

A FUCKING 68!!

He'll have a minimum of 3 shots before I hit my second.

This should be a real blast
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

I can't put worth a shit lately, shot a 42-42 with 6 three putts yesterday. Tee to green my game is ok, but 3-putting from 25 feet is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    I can't put worth a shit lately, shot a 42-42 with 6 three putts yesterday. Tee to green my game is ok, but 3-putting from 25 feet is brutal.
    Sounds like you need a new putting routine (or need to get one)

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Sounds like you need a new putting routine (or need to get one)
    Best putting aide you can find...

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Hmmmmm...

Well that looks awfully receptive......

A little chipping practice at Tin Cup GC&Country Store. Playing with a 56 deg. I usually use a wedge. Holed out a few. Met the new cart boy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TCGCchipping.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	208382
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Went from putting rightey to putting lefty for two weeks when that happened to me. My putting still sucked but when I went back to rightey I was cured.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Went from putting rightey to putting lefty for two weeks when that happened to me. My putting still sucked but when I went back to rightey I was cured.
    Are you saying you actually used a left handed putter and putt from the "wrong" side of the ball, or starting putting with your left hand lower than the right hand?

I'm right there with you, Gcooker. The 3 putts are difficult to fix and hurting an otherwise decent round.

Serenity now

38 with no birdies...Wtf

The way my league works it's really all about birdies for me. My partner and I are both low hcps so we don't have much of a chance at winning the league.

Prize for most birdies was solid last year

1st week is gross and sets handicap so we had low team score....team we played last night shoots over max hcp allowed so we won that. Gotta take what we can before high hcpers start rolling us

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Are you saying you actually used a left handed putter and putt from the "wrong" side of the ball, or starting putting with your left hand lower than the right hand?

I'm right there with you, Gcooker. The 3 putts are difficult to fix and hurting an otherwise decent round.

Serenity now
    Yep. I used a left handed putter. Didn't make me putt better. Couldn't get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post

Serenity now
    I need to practice more but man is it ever boring practicing putting. Now it's in my head... I think I'll take booner's advice. I've played the best pool of my life on shrooms, I could literally see every angle but not sure the body buzz would work well for golf.

I need to practice more but man is it ever boring practicing putting. Now it's in my head... I think I'll take booner's advice. I've played the best pool of my life on shrooms, I could literally see every angle but not sure the body buzz would work well for golf.

Do as I say, not as I do

I never play stoned...fucks with my depth perception for everything off the green.

I don't even like to drink beers on the course...I'm too competitive with golf

Maybe you need an incentive or penalty.

I was coming up short on putts so my playing partner and I decided that whenever one of us came up short, we'd have to put $2 in the pot for beer.

After dumping about $12 -14 bucks a round into the pot a few times, my putting improved. So did my drinking.

Not sure if it works for everyone, but when my putting is off I work on slowing my tempo down and exaggerating my follow through

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Not sure if it works for everyone, but when my putting is off I work on slowing my tempo down and exaggerating my follow through
    Yeah when I'm putting well I feel that's what I'm doing, just can't get it to translate for an entire round or sometimes at all.

I actually enjoy putting practice. There's a great practice area at the local, public fancy course, so I'll putt there for an hour or so when I go to hit balls at the range.

Do as I say, not as I do

I never play stoned...fucks with my depth perception for everything off the green.

I don't even like to drink beers on the course...I'm too competitive with golf
    Drinking kills my game quickly, little bit of rope isn't too bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Maybe you need an incentive or penalty.

I was coming up short on putts so my playing partner and I decided that whenever one of us came up short, we'd have to put $2 in the pot for beer.

After dumping about $12 -14 bucks a round into the pot a few times, my putting improved. So did my drinking.
    The short putt pot is an excellent idea, going to try to work that into the game.

Thanks, I'll try that too.
    Last edited by skuff; 06-20-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Had a dicks gift card and ordered some Walter hagen shirts on sale for $20 ea.

These things are really nice...buy them. They're really soft dry fit.

Ordered size small like reviews said and they're spot on

Free shipping and got here in a day

I can't remember a round in last few years where booze isn't a factor , little weed sure , it's a game of feel, I like to feel good....

The long days of June just always deliver.

Just picked up Senior Open tix for next summer at The Broadmoor. Psyched to see pro golf back in Colorado, even if it's a long ways off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

The long days of June just always deliver.
    Is Mikayla carrying your bag?!

Played solo 9 holes last night. Mashed the ball straight off the tee, irons were on, putting was iffy.

Have an outing on Monday and I guarantee I won't be able to get off the tee and I'll hit all my irons thin. Putting will be on though.

Why do we play this game ?

"Because it's fun! We're having fun!" -Peter Griffin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

playing tuesday 27 twilight at 2pm at sharp park if anybody cares to join.

edit: playing from white
    Last edited by wyeaster; 06-22-2017 at 11:09 PM.