Page 382 of 401 FirstFirst ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,550 of 10024
    just agreed to a 1:10 tee time.... this is going to be ugly. fun.... but ugly.

So, no shit here I was.

Playing the executive course at the local golf pasture. Hole 7, long par 3 (155 yds) into a gusting crosswind blowing right to left, 15-25 mph.

I teed up a ball, selected my 7 iron (only carrying 7-W & P) and I took a nice full swing and got most of it.

Unfortunately I has set my W & P down in front of the ball, maybe 6 feet in front. I thought about moving them but said piss on it.

The ball left the club face a bit low, struck my W just below the grip and neatly cut it in two.

17 bucks for a new shaft and grip sounded like a bargain to me. Oops.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This thread has been kinda quiet.. y'all getting out there or still skiing?
    Broke 100 a couple times.. stoked on that since I bought my first set of clubs/starting playing 2 months ago..
    The goal of breaking 90 this summer is looking very realistic

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    This thread has been kinda quiet.. y'all getting out there or still skiing?
    Broke 100 a couple times.. stoked on that since I bought my first set of clubs/starting playing 2 months ago..
    The goal of breaking 90 this summer is looking very realistic
    Played 4 rounds, fronts coming through every other day leaving a dusting to an inch of snow each time so it's spotty. Early season rust to overcome.

Quiet around here.
    Hope everybody's getting some rounds in!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1791.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	416897

Did not get the full 18 in on Tuesday. Waited out the worst of it in the bathroom on 17. Probably had 1/2 " of pea sized hail and rain along w all the lightening.

Got 18 in on Wednesday, played so-so. Snow on the ground and falling from the sky today. May in MT brings all kinds of different challenges.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Been working on flattening my swing plane since forever. Finally got there, but now too flat w the irons so taking a few days working on short-mid irons since I was producing some low, slinging hooks. Of course that error really creeps in a 150 yd par 3 over water so I went out w my shag bag and hit 40 tee shots so I could regain my confidence.

My game is solid these days...my back has other ideas

Picked up Sim2 driver this year and love it. Great firecracker sound with nice feel and the fwd and back weights make it incredibly customizable...changing ratio between front and back makes a big difference.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Still a bit early around here for productive rounds, but good to get out for a few swings!!

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	416931
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    My game is solid these days...my back has other ideas

Picked up Sim2 driver this year and love it. Great firecracker sound with nice feel and the fwd and back weights make it incredibly customizable...changing ratio between front and back makes a big difference.

How do you like the white stripe on top of the club?

Got 4 new Mizuno T22 wedges this year to get some fresh groves and a PW I can lay open in sand, otherwise gaming my old clubs. I tend not to adjust anything equipment related since it was all properly fitted to begin with. Nor do I buy new iron sets every other year like in the past. I got "over" the feel part of clubs a while ago and now just watch the ball flight and distance which either makes me happy or not.....which makes it easier to look at my shovels. lol

Quote Originally Posted by G. Gordon Liddy View Post
    Still a bit early around here for productive rounds, but good to get out for a few swings!!
    Looks vaguely familiar.......we've had some good weather days.

Bought new irons , TM Stealth, proceeded to forget how to swing in the first week of my league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    How do you like the white stripe on top of the club?
    I don't notice anything so I guess I like it. My last 3 drivers have been M2, M4 and the Sim2 and it's the best looking of the bunch.

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

I’ve been getting out. My short game is getting useable, as in its not hurting me anymore. However my usually reliable iron game is gone.
    Tournament tomorrow, hopefully it all clicks!

Gear whores…….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Gear whores…….

that's (mostly) all in the past........

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Gear whores…….

Speaking of…

^Whoa!!! The driver looks and sounds great. Do want!

Anyone here a member at Blue Lakes in Twin Falls, ID?

Put new shaft in the driving iron tonight. After a second AD DI shaft in it got hairline fractures I went with a trusty Aldila...Rogue Black 95g TX hybrid shaft in Titleist T-MB 716 3i. Point and shoot off the tee, amazing distance for a 3i and fantastic turf interaction with the ball down...great club. I've used Aldilas in drivers and FWs for as long as I can remember so I'm sure I'll love it.

LFG!!!

Name:	IMG_5535.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	387.0 KB 
ID:	417543

Name:	IMG_5534.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	395.2 KB 
ID:	417544

played at red sky ranch the other day, course was beautiful and nobody was out there what a great day. greens were kinda slow but its still early for here. hope I can make it back there in the summer or fall. unfortunately my swing fell apart through the middle portion of the round, then found it for the last three holes and then lost again on yesterdays 9 holes. hopefully work that out on the range before this afternoons round.

Decided it was time to get my swing and iron distances to what it once was. My 9I should go 135 and my back yard is 135 wide. That's in WiffleBall yards. I've been able to work on the swing one part at a time, 10 times a day for 10 minutes. An early vid.

The new Youtube shorts sucks. No stop function and vids won't upload on TGR. But I've got an unlimited supply of cones to whack.
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fYlQ59_jI5E
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Been using FJ gloves since I was 13. They didn't have any large gloves last week when I went in to grab a fresh one so I got a Titleist glove for the first time.

Higher quality and better fit. Who knew?!

It is happening!!!
    150th The Open, here I come!!