Page 351 of 401 FirstFirst ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 10024
    Final round of the season here, an unreal 72° and a fine sunset after the 3 extra holes it took to finalize our match. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201110_164417.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	347198

Gold
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Where in Mass? Today was perfect golf weather. Played 19 holes (18 twice) in 1:55 solo on a cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We played Red Tail on Saturday and Shining Rock on Sunday.
    Both very pretty courses in prime condition.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    We played Red Tail on Saturday and Shining Rock on Sunday.
    Both very pretty courses in prime condition.
    One of my buddies (who sadly passed in March) was one of the owners of Red Tail. Sweet place.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    One of my buddies (who sadly passed in March) was one of the owners of Red Tail. Sweet place.

Sorry about your friend’s passing.
    It sure is a sweet place he was part of.

Last edited by nutmegchoi; 11-11-2020 at 08:28 AM.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

2-Week Statewide Freeze in Oregon. I feel very shallow to be worried about my Bandon trip being cancelled when others are impacted so much harder...but I really needed to get down there. I had many layers of clothes ready to go, a single hotel room booked, and planned to not go inside...Perhaps I can lobby the governors office to keep it open?

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

2-Week Statewide Freeze in Oregon. I feel very shallow to be worried about my Bandon trip being cancelled when others are impacted so much harder...but I really needed to get down there. I had many layers of clothes ready to go, a single hotel room booked, and planned to not go inside...Perhaps I can lobby the governors office to keep it open?
    Maybe ok:

"The Two-Week Freeze does not apply to or change current health and safety protocols for...outdoor recreation and sports"

Great course, and a great hole.

Last time I played a threw one off the hill to the left and it trickled down to 6 feet, I missed the birdie putt of course.

Cool

Time off from November 20th to December 6th.
    Can’t go anywhere, not much to do.
    All I want is playing golf everyday which’s I have been.
    7 rounds in, 6 more to go.
    Bethpage Red tomorrow.

Circle T for one of boyfriend’s Christmas gifts.
    Hope he likes it as much as I do.
    Otherwise, I might take it back.

FWIW, my experiment with new clubs (Mizuno MP20s) has been positive. In truth, renewed focus has likely been more help than any tech. Who cares? Been playing better and enjoying it. Now looking for a new driver...

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    FWIW, my experiment with new clubs (Mizuno MP20s) has been positive. In truth, renewed focus has likely been more help than any tech. Who cares? Been playing better and enjoying it. Now looking for a new driver...
    Nice...great irons

Driver shaft is the engine...spend your time figuring out what shaft is the best fit, or better yet go for a driver fitting
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Being that the PR has a wealth of info and most folks are smart as fuck (well that's debatable) I figured I'd ask this here as it's golf related. I have a 16mm film that the misses late husband shot of the 1960 open in Cherry Hills and one that he didn't shoot of the 1938 open. Other than collecting dust what should we do with this? Donate it to somewhere or what? Oh yea he was no slouch as a cameraman.Name:  emmy.JPG
Views: 277
Size:  87.0 KB
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Send them to me, I'll properly dispose of them.

1960 was the money. Hogan, Palmer and Nicklaus. Nicklaus as an amateur makes history by coming from 7 strokes back to win. I'd bet someone at Cherry Hill would like to have them. I'd call the club and ask for the club president or historian.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by teletripper View Post
    Being that the PR has a wealth of info and most folks are smart as fuck (well that's debatable) I figured I'd ask this here as it's golf related. I have a 16mm film that the misses late husband shot of the 1960 open in Cherry Hills and one that he didn't shoot of the 1938 open. Other than collecting dust what should we do with this? Donate it to somewhere or what? Oh yea he was no slouch as a cameraman.Name:  emmy.JPG
Views: 277
Size:  87.0 KB
    Make copies and sell originals to USGA

just want to throw this out there if anyone is in the market for new clubs: i have a Ping G410 max driver and 5 wood and a set of M4 Irons 5-pw that i am looking to part with. i'd go pretty cheap.
    swing your fucking sword.

As always, Bandon was ridiculous! A quick TR, but the pics don't do it justice!

I had originally planned to break the trip up from Seattle, and get there for our Sunday tee time. Weather changed my mind, added Saturday to the reservation, left way too early Saturday, and got to the practice area around 1.30 in the afternoon. I was thirsty, then shorties with many practice shots:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shorties.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	350507

The other early arriver of our foursome, had never been to Bandon. She liked the sound of the Punchbowl. (Massive putting green where drinking is encouraged...So, we headed over there. We had the place to ourselves for about an hour:

Name:	punch.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	350508

The views were spectacular and the putting green was fantastic. It was a great reminder that it's a good thing I can talk a big game, I surely cannot back it up! Others arrived, we checked in, and as is par for the course, I came in way too hot on my first night as I was mildly hung over for the first round at Pacific. Weather was off and on again, but mostly not so bad. A par on the 4th, followed by a birdie on the 5th was my highlight for the day:

Name:	pac 4.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	350522

The next morning was the par 3 course. (The Preserve) It was raining, windy, and I lost money! Some nice par 3's for sure though!

We teed off at the Sheep Ranch at noon with the rains ending 45 minutes earlier. I was lucky enough to play it many years ago when it was a "secret" and not an official course. I was excited to see what they'd done with it. It was pretty killer. Views of the ocean from most all holes. A killer opening hole as was mentioned earlier in this thread. It felt a little cramped on a few holes. I thought the finish was the best on the property. 16 just before the light got ridiculous:

Name:	sheep 16 from tee.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	350513

16 looking back at green as the light was getting good:

Name:	sheep 16 from green.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	971.3 KB 
ID:	350514

Walking to 17 is a nice view. There is a PRO tee box, not used currently, that will be ridiculous playing out over the abyss!

Name:	sheep walking to 17.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	350515

17 is an awesome hole running along the water. Sunset was spectacular:

Name:	Sheep Sun setting.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	677.5 KB 
ID:	350516

Finishing off on 18, the caddy was taking pictures and said it does not get much better than this! (Perhaps he says that to everyone, but I could not disagree...

Name:	sheep dusk.jpg 
Size:	812.0 KB 
ID:	350519

Name:	sheep crazy.jpg 
Size:	524.3 KB 
ID:	350523

The next day was Old Mac. Great weather, no wind. I don't think I took any photos.

The final day was Bandon. Some showers the front nine, but got nice to finish. The sea was angry. Love to see that big surf:

Name:	Pac 4.jpg 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	350512

Name:	bandon 16 really.jpg 
Size:	873.0 KB 
ID:	350521

It was a long drive home, and a difficult re-entry into the real world as that place is so damn special! Everyone has their own opinion, and it's really just splitting hairs as they are all badass...but I say Pacific > Sheep Ranch > Bandon > Trails > Old Mac. I probably am ranking Sheep higher than it should be due to the special day I had long ago, and the indescribable lighting and weather we had, but it's a good one for sure.

If you can get there, do it!
    Last edited by puma; 11-30-2020 at 09:07 PM.

spectacular pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    spectacular pics!
    Thanks, certainly not due to my photography skills. Bandon is pretty photogenic!

Keep saying I wanna get new clubs but they are so pricey.... Somehow I end up dropping Ching on Skis,boots,bindings!

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Keep saying I wanna get new clubs but they are so pricey.... Somehow I end up dropping Ching on Skis,boots,bindings!
    Yeah, I have been playing with the same irons for many years. (I think 25 years at least) They are Ping Eye 2's with the black dot. I just always find other things to spend money on. I also tell friends it's not the club, but the swing and I enjoy beating them with their fancy new clubs! But, I have recently been thinking there has to have been technology advances in the last 25 or 30 years...and I am leaving strokes out there by not investing in the new tech...

Any opinions on this? Am I stupid for not biting the bullet, or should I focus my money on lessons and time practicing? I really have not read much on this...

I'll probably get lessons near to spring that will include a fitting, but value the anonymous feedback from those not trying to sell me something!

Used to have Ping Eye2s. Can’t really say new clubs helped me save more strokes due to the new tech.

If you want lightly used clubs, go to golfwrx BST forum. Got my Mizunos from a dentist there...

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Used to have Ping Eye2s. Can’t really say new clubs helped me save more strokes due to the new tech.

If you want lightly used clubs, go to golfwrx BST forum. Got my Mizunos from a dentist there...
    Ha

Ebay is still king for used clubs
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797