Page 341 of 402 FirstFirst ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 10029
    Last Friday in our Old Fart Golf and used to be Dinner league Mrs Wooley started with a tee shot into the reeds and went 8-10-7-4. On the next hole she bladed a chip, her 8th shot, that hit my club and got called out for a 2 stroke penalty by our rule nazi lady opponent. Who doesn't know the rules. I ended up with a 41 somehow. Best 9 this year so far. I see we go off 1st this week. And the rule nazi is 4 groups back.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I heard about the league rule nazi!

Speaking of a league, I found a local 9 hole LPGA amateur league.
    Since it was 22 handicap and below, I couldn’t quite get in (I’m at 23.6).
    Instead I subbed last week and this week.

Last week, I shot 61.
    No, it wasn’t 10 under par.
    It was 25 over par after front 9!

I thought for sure I would never hear back from these ladies.
    Somehow, my playing partner (who is a saint) wants me to come back again.

I did a little better this week.

Solid golf. Make the worst score you get bogey and you are playing well. Im a nervous golfer in competition. It’s hard.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Solid golf. Make the worst score you get bogey and you are playing well. Im a nervous golfer in competition. It’s hard.
    I would love to be a bogey player this year.
    I’m trying!

It was my first time playing in somewhat competitive setting.
    I learned about myself that I feed on other players tempo and energy.
    Last week I played with high energy super fast players which got me rush on my game.
    This week I played with a lot calmer even tempo players and that helped me a lot.
    I need to be better at centering myself.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Pre-shot routine. Practice it. Mine is poor but I calm myself pretty well anyway. Try something ridiculous like closing one eye and pointing the club. Just something you do to calm yourself.

Played the most difficult round of tournament golf in my life yesterday in the district championship qualifier.

This course from the tips, in the winds we had and the insane pins on really twisty greens, was an absolute mother fucker.

Typically I'm hitting wedge into a lot of par 4s. Yesterday was 8i to 4i in on par 4s.

Pins were all set on the edge of slope transitions...just a mind fuck of a round. Avg hcp index in these fields is about 2. Avg score yesterday was 87. Let that sink in.

I made two huge mistakes on front and went from -1 to oh no in a hurry. Had a HUGE par on the hardest hole on back. .uphill par 3 straight into it. 218 to flag playing 245.. 10yd wide green with big trouble left and right. Walked away with par and got a big boost of confidence then tore the rest of the back a new one.

Qualified and into championship next month!!
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

That’s the thing.
    I don’t really have a pre shot routine.
    Maybe I’ll practice swing once or twice.
    Then I have 99 swing thoughts instead.
    I’m such a mental.

Have a day off tomorrow and got a tee time at Bethpage Black.
    Will report back with some beautiful pictures and an ugly scorecard.

I will say coming up with a simple quick pre shot routine along with a few swing thoughts really helped me focus and I have seen my scoring improve as a result.

I have one for putting and one for all other shots.

I don’t see any negatives. It doesn’t slow me down. I figure if you don’t have a set routine you would still be doing some stupid shit before your shot anyways it just wouldn’t be a consistent routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I hit, I stare at the ball 2-3 seconds to calm myself down and focus.

The other day one of the guy in our group (a total stranger) told me I stare at the ball too long and I should just hit.
    This is the guy who I out drove most tee shots and almost killed someone from shanking.
    I just said “I gotta do what works for me. Swing your swing, you know”.
    I stared at the ball a lot longer and out drove him again.
    Last edited by nutmegchoi; 06-25-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Played the most difficult round of tournament golf in my life yesterday in the district championship qualifier.

This course from the tips, in the winds we had and the insane pins on really twisty greens, was an absolute mother fucker.

Typically I'm hitting wedge into a lot of par 4s. Yesterday was 8i to 4i in on par 4s.

Pins were all set on the edge of slope transitions...just a mind fuck of a round. Avg hcp index in these fields is about 2. Avg score yesterday was 87. Let that sink in.

I made two huge mistakes on front and went from -1 to oh no in a hurry. Had a HUGE par on the hardest hole on back. .uphill par 3 straight into it. 218 to flag playing 245.. 10yd wide green with big trouble left and right. Walked away with par and got a big boost of confidence then tore the rest of the back a new one.

Qualified and into championship next month!!
    Congrats! That’s some perseverance!

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Before I hit, I stare at the ball 2-3 seconds to calm myself down and focus.
    Focus on your target and visualize the shot to calm down. Not the ball. Basically, that’s what every pro does. Too many Practice swings can be a detriment.

When you go to the range get a chair to take breaks or just walk away and fashion a pre shot routine before every ball you hit.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Focus on your target and visualize the shot to calm down. Not the ball. Basically, that’s what every pro does.
    Yeah...and even more important...the target isn't the flag, more often than not. Aim at the safest side of the green unless you can throw darts.

Think about what you'd be left with if you missed long, short, left or right. Cheat your aim towards the area that will penalize you the least. Thats how you can properly manage a round and save yourself a lot of strokes

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Good for you Booner. Wishing you Fairways and Greens in the final. What course is it at?

Nicklaus was faulted by some for standing over the ball for too long. Seemed to work for him.

I chipped in for par on the first hole for a par yesterday. That's as good as it got.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Good for you Booner. Wishing you Fairways and Greens in the final. What course is it at?

Nicklaus was faulted by some for standing over the ball for too long. Seemed to work for him.

I chipped in for par on the first hole for a par yesterday. That's as good as it got.
    Thanks!

Brook-Lea 7/17-19

Goal is to be in top 40+ ties after Sat and make it to Sun, which gives you exemption for Oak Hill next year. I'll have to be on top of my game for 2 rounds to do it...41 and below get cut after Sat and have to qualify again for next year

I'm up against a lot of incredibly good players so I need to step up. There's about a dozen kids currently playing D1 golf alone that are tough to keep up with, plus all the other local super studs. Rochester is such a huge golf town...there's so much talent

I wanna see trophy, booner.

I wanna see trophy, booner.
    Fuck...no shot. Closest I'll get is the medal I got from making the championship.

To put the talent in perspective, the winner of our district made it to the quarters in the US mid-am championship last year. I'm not near that level of player

Rochester. Home of Walter Hagen. When Country Clubs wouldn't let professional golfers in the locker room he'd show up in a chauffeur driven car and change clothes in the parking lot.

You are in my eyes, booner!
    Those D1 kids got nothing on you!!
    Make us proud!!!

Bethpage was beautiful and HOT.
    As usual, black ate me alive.
    Made some bad (dumb) choices in rough and fescues lead me to high, high score.
    Black 3, Choi 0.

One of the guys in our group shot 41/37.
    That was a lot of fun to watch.
    I wish to play like that one day.

77.5/155

YYYIKES

You playing. Bethpage Black. Same as me skiing off of Chair 2. I can see that .

Well seems everyone from the pro shop and restaurant to the cart boy has heard about the dustup on the 5th hole last Friday. Just got a league email further clarifying the rule with a new interpretation. Beautiful evening for golf. We're paired with a couple of friendly 80 somthings. Age, not score. Think I'll go with Indica for this round.

They don’t have ladies’ tee at the back.
    So I pretty much hit an extra shot every par 4.
    My goal at the black is drive to reach the fairway.
    It is so, so far from the tee box.
    Well, at least for me.

They don’t have ladies’ tee at the back.
    So I pretty much hit an extra shot every par 4.
    My goal at the black is drive to reach the fairway.
    It is so, so far from the tee box.
    Well, at least for me.
    Hey...more for your money!

I need to play it

That’s my favorite type of course. Old school long. Bayonet in Monterey has the same character

Good god a lack of ettiquite from playing partners can lead to a long round! I played well despite of it but it is taxing!

Sprain Lake with my favorite female playing partner.
    She is 10 years younger than me but there are so much I can learn from her.
    I played decent except couple triples and 3 three putts.
    Fail to break 90 but set the lowest at 91.
    Next time!

https://youtu.be/g3z1jKKdTx0

https://youtu.be/pNgIaKRbRg8