Page 392 of 402 FirstFirst ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... LastLast
Results 9,776 to 9,800 of 10029
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Love the Bandon pics.

Just got back from a Tampa-area bender where my brother made me play 6 rounds in 4 days. Pretty good if you're a private golf snob and into that sort of thing. I had played Palma Ceia, Pelican, and Buckhorn before, but Sara Bay was new to me and that place fucking slaps. A fully restored old Ross course on the best land I've seen in FL (limited travels). Here is my brother on 18 about to make his third birdy in a row (in a 3-club wind! Scratch golfers piss me off) to snatch victory from the good guys at the last second.

I can't believe I didn't get more good pics here, which has insane land movement for a FL course.

Then on Tuesday I heard booking for October '24 opened at Bandon. I was working from home and after waiting on hold for 2+ hours I got two four-bedroom suites and then things got a little out of hand...or maybe a lot out of hand.

Attachment 448967
    Wow! Booked 36x7!!! Love the passion! We’re going back next MLK Weekend. My guys like the cheap rate.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Clearing of the greens has begun. The most snow on the course in the 4yrs I've been here.

Looks like an ice rink, hopefully no damage.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Crazy that there is that much ice out there...do you know if they covered the greens (like with a tarp) before it snowed?

The only thing bad for snow covered greens is skiing on them.

Got my putting green and 1st cut laid down. Bonus #1. The Mrs has a cushy carpet in front of the washer/dryer. Bonus #2. I don't track in a pound of cedar needles into the house every day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20th Hole.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	451048

Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Crazy that there is that much ice out there...do you know if they covered the greens (like with a tarp) before it snowed?
    No they didn't, and I always wondered why not. Or, why they don't at least rope off the greens to ensure people stay off them. For the most part, I think the xc skiers do stay off them.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Club question:

I've been playing Titleist DCI 762s for a (very) long time and absolutely love them. It's time, the grooves are beat to the point of no return and I'm tired of refurbing them. What's the modern equivalent and what others in that old iron vein should I be mindful to try?

TIA.
    I still call it The Jake.

They do wear out. I just replaced my worn out 25 year old System 3000 forged irons for a fresh pair of System 3000 forged irons I found on eBay. That cast Titleist was the game improvement club back in the day. I'd suggest you get some modern clubs that tame the mishits with springy faces and are weighted to forgive. I'm a Luddite so can't point you to a modern model.

https://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/...RoCPZwQAvD_BwE
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Mizuno MP20 HMBs have a lot of hidden tech, are forgiving, and look good. Have an HMB 5-iron and it’s my “break glass in case of emergency” club.

https://golf.com/gear/irons/mizuno-m...st-2021/?amp=1

New version is the Mizuno Pro 225, but they’re so new they’re pricey…

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Club question:

I've been playing Titleist DCI 762s for a (very) long time and absolutely love them. It's time, the grooves are beat to the point of no return and I'm tired of refurbing them. What's the modern equivalent and what others in that old iron vein should I be mindful to try?

TIA.
    What's your ability as an iron player?

My first thought was Srixon Z 785 (or previous gen 765). Probably the best bang for your buck forged irons. Not difficult to hit and can be found really cheap on eBay in great shape

I've never hit them but everyone loves them and they were always a little cheaper than a lot of their equivalents
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Club question:

TIA.

Find a reliable club fitter and builder and go get fit, some fitters have no system so results are random. I've had good results w Hot Stixx, now Cool Clubs. A good unbiased source of info is the Maltby Playability Factor and the forums at golfwrx (the tgr of golf.) As far as things to try it seems like lighter iron shafts are now used by higher swing speed players.

I used to be long. Big hitter. Now my driver carry distance is around 200 yds. 6 iron is the longest iron I carry. 27,24,21 hybrids are my replacement.

Point is. You probably don’t need a full set of irons whatever you get.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I used to be long. Big hitter. Now my driver carry distance is around 200 yds. 6 iron is the longest iron I carry. 27,24,21 hybrids are my replacement.

Point is. You probably don’t need a full set of irons whatever you get.
    This is true. Longest iron I have is the HMB 5-iron.

BTW, best switch I’ve made is lighter shafts. Have Nippon Modus3 105S which is wayyy lighter than the old Dynamic Gold S300. Try out some different shafts.

I’m using a Nippon 950gh S in my 6-G. Tbh, It’s a bit stiff in the 6-7i but the accuracy makes it worth it. Good ball striking is more important as you go heavier and stiffer.

I put Nippon Modus 3 120x in my 4&5 iron. Fucking fantastic shaft. Great for a little help in launch and they are CRISPY. I use X100 on down.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

For game improvement irons, Ping g425 is pretty highly rated and on sale now at many online sites like TGW, pga superstore, etc. The newer version, g430, isn’t much of an improvement over the g425 what I’ve read, other than the lofts are cranked slightly. But the g425 look better, and are cheaper. Very forgiving to off-center hits.

Well, this sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nooooooooooooo

Opening day is tomorrow for us in Missoula. What are the rules for a ball in a snow trap?

Greens and fairways look good. The voles ate the shit out of the rough in many spots.

Love that the Masters live streams their coverage for free. Sorry boss, didn't get much work done today..like that's any different

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Opening day is tomorrow for us in Missoula. What are the rules for a ball in a snow trap?
    Snow and ice is "temporary water" or a "loose impediment" at the player's choice. If you choose the former, then you can treat snow as a "abnormal course condition" and you can take a free drop. This includes if the ball is not in the snow but your stance would be.

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/ho...f/rule-16.html

Also, the Ranch needs more coyotes and foxes to eat those little fuckers. Did you see that coyote that hung around on 12/13 last year? Biggest coyote I've ever seen. I was actually kind of concerned about it because it didn't seem scared of people at all.

I did see him, but only because he came over to 16 last fall.

The foxes were all over 14,15,16; but must not have gotten enough of the voles.

Thank you for the PTSD about how thick the fescue got last spring/early summer. YIKES.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8264.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	212.4 KB 
ID:	454727
    Staying loose in the shop patch is ready

Despite a weak winter the course here is still behind where it usually is condition wise. I am gonna start taking advantage of the longer days and get out and practice after work. Short game is the priority so that’s the focus.

New season, new irons
    Mizuno jpx 921 tour