Page 7 of 402 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherFucker View Post
    Walking Lake Arbor tomorrow morning early. Taking the wife to the park n' ride at 7 then rolling up to LA around 745. Usual texts have been sent but if anyone else is down, let me know.

It's a nice, short little course (5800; leave your driver and woods in the trunk) with decent greens for only $21. I'll take the camera out and get some pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Fuck that , you're hitting that r7 all day , motherfucker .
    Hit the new driver Yo.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Hit the new driver Yo.

Yeah, I'm going to for sure. Might not be pretty but I'll head out to the range to bang a few before the round. I can see the snap hooks already, lol. I'm sure I'll end up switching to the hybrid after a few holes but I need to start learning to hit driver.
    The best things in life aren't things.

fkn love the R9 SuperTri t-model i picked up last summer. Smokes the Burner, nice ring at impact...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    fkn love the R9 SuperTri t-model i picked up last summer. Smokes the Burner, nice ring at impact...
    +1 ... I love this driver, in particular once you figure out the best adjustment settings for your swing. I guess the R11 is supposed to be even better but I'm still not sold on the whole white driver thing (and visual confidence is obviously a big deal).

Playing super twilight tonight at Jackson in Seattle at 6:30. I have a foursome and two spots left. Last week, I got 12 holes in at this time. PM me if you want to join.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I guess the R11 is supposed to be even better but I'm still not sold on the whole white driver thing (and visual confidence is obviously a big deal).
    I have an 8 degree R11 tp diamana kai'li shaft , it is badass .

I have a burner superfast 2.0 10.5 degree stiff shaft , I'll sell for $100.00 shipped .

Not that people are clamoring, but one spot left.

Skiballs, first shot I hit with the 54 hit the stick/lipped from about 85 out; no shit. I can be so much more aggresive around the greens with those it's ridic. Thanks again, bro.

As far as the driver and 3 hybrid, the Mizuno hit great, I was just hooking the fuck out of it so I didn't even pull the r7. I'm going to hit a couple buckets tomorrow, though, so I'll give you an update then.

My ulnar started acting up around 14 and I couldn't get any power behind anything. Not enough rest after all that time in the pool I guess. Old football injury.

I'll post a few pics after work in a few hours.

Skiballs, first shot I hit with the 54 hit the stick/lipped from about 85 out; no shit. I can be so much more aggresive around the greens with those it's ridic. Thanks again, bro.

As far as the driver and 3 hybrid, the Mizuno hit great, I was just hooking the fuck out of it so I didn't even pull the r7. I'm going to hit a couple buckets tomorrow, though, so I'll give you an update then.

My ulnar started acting up around 14 and I couldn't get any power behind anything. Not enough rest after all that time in the pool I guess. Old football injury.

I'll post a few pics after work in a few hours.
    I've holed that 54 from 100 yds a couple times , and chipped in a bunch of times .
    You can set that r7 up to be biased for a fade by moving the weights around , you'll have to find someone that has the tool for that club .
    Pics of the hot drink cart chick are all I want to see .

we need a cart girl photo competition in this thread. Winner gets a dozen ProV1.

Played 18 at Common Ground today with Guroo270. Some good shots from the tips (7229) for both of us. Shot of the day, Guroo holed out a wedge from a tight lie green side for a sweet birdie on the 505 yrd 15th. I was standing around still thinking about my long drive and I thought I was swell having at least put it pin high on the sucker pin placement, Andy just dunks it. Nice. I need to play more and get better.

Last edited by DasBlunt; 05-09-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    Terje was right.

The new cart girl at LA is mediocre, if legal. Players coverage starts at 11. Watching all day.

Pics from Lake Arbor in Arvada. Only took a few.

Looking back on the par 3 4th:

On the green of the par 5 5th:

Nice viewing looking back down 10 at WBYC this morning

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What did Ty Webb shoot today, 80? 75?

More like 68.

PAH! I don't believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What did Ty Webb shoot today, 80? 75?

More like 68.

PAH! I don't believe it!
    Heh...this Ty Webb couldn't hit an approach shot to save his life today and scrambled to an 84 on the same course as above.

Ty, what did you shoot today?
    Oh, Judge, I don't keep score.
    Then how do you measure yourself with other golfers?
    By height.

Between nearly cutting my right index finger off in a folding pen knife and gashing the thumb next to it with a CD changer I'm on the sidelines. Maybe I'll play better, I only need the middle fingers right?

Thank god I got out on the dog track earlier this year. Big fat "0" since then.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    we need a cart girl photo competition in this thread. Winner gets a dozen ProV1.

Played 18 at Common Ground today with Guroo270. Some good shots from the tips (7229) for both of us. Shot of the day, Guroo holed out a wedge from a tight lie green side for a sweet birdie on the 505 yrd 15th. I was standing around still thinking about my long drive and I thought I was swell having at least put it pin high on the sucker pin placement, Andy just dunks it. Nice. I need to play more and get better.

Common Grounds was a great track. Not too thrilled to shoot 82 finishing bogey, bogey, bogey, but it wasn't the courses fault. I hit the driver great on the range but the only drive I got though all day ended up in a playable hazard. Then I thought I hit a decent one and Das poked it 30 yards by me. That 25 yard chip in was one of my best shots ever over a bunker, not much green to work with, ball above my feet, ball resting against the rough/second cut line, flushed it... totally made my day. Nice getting out with some fam and Das. Thanks for the AP2's. I can't wait to hit em but it's gonna start raining soon. Actually just glanced outside and it's raining right now.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Front Range bros down for a round next wednesday? Any time and any course. GolfNow has great deals on Colorado National at 3p for $29. At 4 it goes down to $25. $45 a pop rest of the day. Broadlands is $39 after 2. Plum Creek is $40 after 2 but that's kind of a hike. Deer Creek is $35 after 2. Wouldn't mind hitting up Riverdale Dunes again either.

Just a few ideas but, again, I'm wide open.

Count me in MF.... Finally off the road next week.

As this is the first round this year the foot wedge will be in the bag

First round in a while on my last day of paternity leave- 80 at Presidio and I didn't make a putt all day. Incredible morning though; the bay area's had such sick weather the last few weeks.

Also fun- having fairway woods that work for my swing. Picked up some 2009-vintage Burners (3 and 5) and they suit me much better than my older, stiff-as-fuck flexing, Callaway wood. It's nice not to have to drive it 275 on par 5s just to have a chance at a G.I.R.
    Last edited by Steven S. Dallas; 05-11-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Front Range bros down for a round next wednesday? Any time and any course. GolfNow has great deals on Colorado National at 3p for $29. At 4 it goes down to $25. $45 a pop rest of the day. Broadlands is $39 after 2. Plum Creek is $40 after 2 but that's kind of a hike. Deer Creek is $35 after 2. Wouldn't mind hitting up Riverdale Dunes again either.

I got your text the other day. Sorry, but I can't make it hardly at all during the week. We'll catch up sometime soon.

Second time to play in 4 years and I shot a 97 with 5 pars, and 6 bogies. Thats fucking talent. I only lost one ball. I might have to start playing again.

On another note. I found a nest of ProV1's today. I was looking for a ball I had bladed over a green into a thicket and came upon what appeared to be some kind of nest with literally 10 golf balls in it. 6 of which were pro v1's and a few nxt tours. I guess some bird or maybe a varmint thought they were eggs.

I can only play in the AM on Wednesday, how about willis case? sort of half way for both of us? Fun track, cheap and decent greens.
    Terje was right.

Golf blows. It does. I used to play every single day and growing up i was a pretty fantastic player. At age 15 a switch turned and I didn't care anymore. It didn't matter if I had a good shot or a crummy shot. I didn't care what I shot. I'd be out golfing with my dad and I'd have to quit and get ran home on the cart because I was falling asleep due to boredom. My whole family loves golf. I like golf. I just don't care to play. End random rant.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Golf blows. It does. I used to play every single day and growing up i was a pretty fantastic player. At age 15 a switch turned and I didn't care anymore. It didn't matter if I had a good shot or a crummy shot. I didn't care what I shot. I'd be out golfing with my dad and I'd have to quit and get ran home on the cart because I was falling asleep due to boredom. My whole family loves golf. I like golf. I just don't care to play. End random rant.
    You'll get nothing and like it.