Page 372 of 402 FirstFirst ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 10029

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Brutal miss for birdie/win by Adam Scott in the 6 man playoff today.

Played in this little muni club championship this weekend. Shoot 73 the first day and was feeling pretty good. Turns out the one of the guys I’m paired with the last day is a two time state am champion.
    I have a lot of excuses why I puked up and 85, none of which will change my score. Golf is a cruel mistress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes it rains. but lately, it rains every fucking day.
    swing your fucking sword.

Index went down a bit more at 19.5.
    Two weeks to St. Andrews.
    Fingers crossed UK won’t change anything!!!

Had a hell of a run last night in league ending tourney.

2 man scramble and my partner and I won low gross, low net (we had biggest disadvantage by far with combined 1 stroke for 9) and the 2 skins that paid.

Came home with a pocket FULL of ca$$hh
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Nice. I played for the Cascade Valley Cup team last week. Shot an 88 with 5 unplayable lie penalty drops and beat my opponent by a stroke. The fairways were as hard as the Interstate and 10 of them were bordered by dense blackberry hedges. I lost 5 balls that rolled 20 yds after landing in the fairway and into the thorns. Ate about a 1lb of blackberries that were delicious.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thorny.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	382960
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

You lost 5 balls and still shot 88?
    Jesus, Wooley!

3 more scores remaining from 6/2018, and HI now getting lower. The 3 year layoff left a LOT of rust. My short game and mental game are coming around now that I've played 17 rounds and gotten used to my new playing partners. One day I'll make some putts. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Jesus, Wooley!
    Foot wedges
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Par 70 track. Carded 3 pars, 12 bogies and 3 doubles. 18 0ver par.

485yd par 5.
    1, tee shot fails to carry 200 over the lake.
    2, drop.
    3, 3wd over lake to fairway.
    4, approach kicked 10yds left of green 2 feet into the thorns unplayable. 5, drop.
    6, pitch to 8'.
    7, sink putt.

I make mediocre golf look easy.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Jesus, Wooley!
    Unplayable is one shot penalty.

All of the unplayables were unretrievable.

Thinking of going over to watch the Boeing Classic. Only $25 and few spectators.

Breaking 80 is fun for a hack like me. One minor grip change has made a massive difference in not spraying everywhere unpredictably. Who knew that left hand placement was so important. Makes me feel like I missed out on something the last 20 years.

Scramble tomorrow w pops and brother, should be a good time. Drinks start at 8:30am

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    All of the unplayables were unretrievable.

Thinking of going over to watch the Boeing Classic. Only $25 and few spectators.
    You play lost ball as a lateral?

Local rule at Twin Rivers. Anything into the briar patches is a lateral because there is no way you can look for your ball and survive. Black berry is invasive here and thick. Mt Si my home course is fenced around the entire perimeter to keep the elk herd out and anything over or through the fence is treated as a lateral.

Played a garbage 40 front 9 yesterday and then was even on the back through 15, when my buddy says "You are gonna hit way under 80 today." I gave him the death glare and then proceeded to bogey, triple (the easiest hole on the course!), triple, to end with the saddest 83 of all time.

As my scores come down I've gotten more excited about practicing and dug out 2 of the best tools for putting practice. One focuses on aiming the other on your stroke. I use both of these at home on the carpet only.

Aiming: The Laser Alignment Tool at the smartgolfer.com $50

This is ground zero for putting improvement. This tool, just a simple laser, w an on/off button that attaches to the putter grip actually realigns and sharpens your aim. If you make good reads and strokes and the ball consistently misses to one side or the other this tool will help you correct that.

I practice by picking a random target around the room, could be a table leg, spot on the baseboard, or other target ~2-4" off the ground(depends on your carpet or rug.) Align the putter to the target, activate the laser and note where you see the laser. Turn off and on till your dialed, rinse and repeat ad nauseam at various distances and targets. You will soon be getting closer and closer to hitting the target till you're finally hit the target w the laser every time. This tool can also cure your setup of forward/reward shaft lean by using the elevation of the laser.

Stroke mechanics: Instant feedback on stroke mechanics at BlastMotion.com $150

This tool w associated app is a putting motion analyzer which records all your pertinent stats w regard to tempo, face angles etc. The feedback w appropriate coaching will have you making consistent strokes hole after hole. You'll be making more consistent contact on the putter face helping to dial in speed control and direction. Speed control will improve dramatically much reducing 3 putts. It's like having a sam putt lab analysis on every stroke. They have tons of videos by Brad Faxon to help you figure out how to use the information.

I was fortunate that my coach introduced me to these 2 tools so I had help practicing and understanding the implementation. I put in the time all while watching tv or listening to music. In combination these tools can turn your putting from an adventure to a highly refined skill. And I'm willing to give the Hopeless Sinner money back guarantee to NMC should she decide to buy these and not like them I will buy them back from her, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Mt Si my home course is fenced around the entire perimeter to keep the elk herd out and anything over or through the fence is treated as a lateral.
    Damn, I've always hit a provisional considering it OB. I should read the card I suppose. I've never played anything but recreationally there, so I guess it is not a big deal...

My game has really come around in the last three weeks. Tempo is everything for me. Had 40 stableford points and won the tournament at our club this weekend. Felt good to play well when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    My game has really come around in the last three weeks. Tempo is everything for me. Had 40 stableford points and won the tournament at our club this weekend. Felt good to play well when it counts!
    Legit win. No net bs. Good work.

Now that I'm a bit healthier a 60g R graphite is too soft in my irons. I picked up some Cobra S2 forged irons with a Nippon 950GH S and I'm deadly accurate with these. Only the 6 iron is a bit too stiff with vibration. I'm going to put the Winn Dritac 2's on them which should dampen the vibration a bit. Paid $250 for the set in like new condition.

I played 5 holes before I gave up and went home tonight. And everything was clicking on the driving range pre-game.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Anyone interested in 6 KBS Tour 120S shafts with basically new Golf Pride midsize MCC grips? (Fit 5-PW)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1629815985.301958.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	383410Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1629815998.620188.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	383411

Shaft info: https://pluggedingolf.com/kbs-tour-iron-shaft-review/

Grip info: https://store.golfpride.com/store/grips/prod611078/mcc

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    You play lost ball as a lateral?
    Most people should or do just for pace of plays sake. I do if I'm just kicking around or playing in league.

Weekend money games we hit provisionals on anything that might not be found...unless it's into an obvious lateral or water hazard where you'd drop and not have stroke and distance penalty

There's nothing worse than having to go back to rehit from original spot
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    As my scores come down I've gotten more excited about practicing and dug out 2 of the best tools for putting practice. One focuses on aiming the other on your stroke. I use both of these at home on the carpet only.

Aiming: The Laser Alignment Tool at the smartgolfer.com $50

This is ground zero for putting improvement. This tool, just a simple laser, w an on/off button that attaches to the putter grip actually realigns and sharpens your aim. If you make good reads and strokes and the ball consistently misses to one side or the other this tool will help you correct that.

I practice by picking a random target around the room, could be a table leg, spot on the baseboard, or other target ~2-4" off the ground(depends on your carpet or rug.) Align the putter to the target, activate the laser and note where you see the laser. Turn off and on till your dialed, rinse and repeat ad nauseam at various distances and targets. You will soon be getting closer and closer to hitting the target till you're finally hit the target w the laser every time. This tool can also cure your setup of forward/reward shaft lean by using the elevation of the laser.

Stroke mechanics: Instant feedback on stroke mechanics at BlastMotion.com $150

This tool w associated app is a putting motion analyzer which records all your pertinent stats w regard to tempo, face angles etc. The feedback w appropriate coaching will have you making consistent strokes hole after hole. You'll be making more consistent contact on the putter face helping to dial in speed control and direction. Speed control will improve dramatically much reducing 3 putts. It's like having a sam putt lab analysis on every stroke. They have tons of videos by Brad Faxon to help you figure out how to use the information.

I was fortunate that my coach introduced me to these 2 tools so I had help practicing and understanding the implementation. I put in the time all while watching tv or listening to music. In combination these tools can turn your putting from an adventure to a highly refined skill. And I'm willing to give the Hopeless Sinner money back guarantee to NMC should she decide to buy these and not like them I will buy them back from her, no questions asked.
    Well I've got to try this as my putting absolutely sux, despite the fact that' I've studied a bunch of putting videos by Page Spirinac.
    I feel like my stroke has improved in the living room, but it does not translate to the course for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Well I've got to try this as my putting absolutely sux, despite the fact that' I've studied a bunch of putting videos by Page Spirinac.
    I feel like my stroke has improved in the living room, but it does not translate to the course for some reason.

Page Spriniac!!! Really!!! You're joking right? I see her lips moving, and hear words, but I'm not retaining ANYTHING (well anything that's golf related.)

Let me know if your reply is serious, pls.