Page 345 of 401 FirstFirst ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 10024
    Things were going well til the 6th hole then a bomb went off.
    With a 10, still manage to scrap a 45.
    Otherwise, it could’ve been my best 9.
    Oh, well.
    Sitting at the 3rd at an old lady league.

That was a nice close match. Must have been fun. Mrs Wooley shot the highest number I've ever seen in person yesterday. 17 on a par 5. 1st two shots off the tee went OB. 3rd shot hit the OB fence next to the tee and landed 10 yards behind her. Lying 5. She got a 7 last week.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Still fidgeting with my posture, First it was a straighter upper back and now I am seeking a bit more shoulder tilt at address than my very neutral posture. One thing I really liked was it made it very easy for me to eliminate the right side of the course as everything was having a nice little draw or just purred, I did hit a couple shots that were pushed right but was really getting some good compression and it seemed like a more favorable swing path (ie...easy to bring my hands back inside)

Didn't hit any shots on the range or net before putting a new swing posture in play on the course but I was alone and I am sticking with it for now.

Been gaming a few new shafts in the Driver too. Fun to tinker and try some new things.

Shafts In The Mix

Aldilia Rogue Silver 70 Stiff (Tipped an Inch) (OG Shaft & never realized it was tipped)
    Aldilia Rogue Silver 60 Stiff (Trimmed 1 Inch) (Biggest Drives So Far)
    Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 60 Stiff (Trimmed 1 inch) (Smooth Operator)
    Mitsubishi Kuru Kage Dual Core 60 Tour Stiff (Stock) (Only Gamed it One Time and hit a few bombs. Seems a little long and boardy)

They all have little differences and ball flights do I keep them like I do skis?
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Been gaming a few new shafts in the Driver too. Fun to tinker and try some new things.

Shafts In The Mix

Aldilia Rogue Silver 70 Stiff (Tipped an Inch) (OG Shaft & never realized it was tipped)
    Aldilia Rogue Silver 60 Stiff (Trimmed 1 Inch) (Biggest Drives So Far)
    Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 60 Stiff (Trimmed 1 inch) (Smooth Operator)
    Mitsubishi Kuru Kage Dual Core 60 Tour Stiff (Stock) (Only Gamed it One Time and hit a few bombs. Seems a little long and boardy)

They all have little differences and ball flights do I keep them like I do skis?
    Fwiw, I went from a couple year old Kuro Kage to tensei Orange this season (on a new driver so tough to do a true comparison) and love it. Much stiffer tip bit still workable even for a hacker like myself with consistent low/mid launch but much lower spin numbers than the kuro. I tested both the regular and ck versions and went with the latter as the spin numbers were somewhat lower for me. I now have the same shaft on my 3w which was a noticeable upgrade from the ck blue that I played last year on the same club.

US Amateur mens golf is at Bandon Dunes this week. Spectacular to watch. It's on Peacock and Golf.

^
    I qualified for that event at 20 and then at 40.
    Bummed they canceled the senior am, first year I was eligible, my dad made it to the finals almost 20 years ago. Wanted to see if I could make it that far.
    Maybe next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outta my league. Watching the replay at the Dunes now. Great golf.

I got paired with the new guy in the men's club Wednesday 4 ball show up, match up. I didn't play last week when he won the $30 pot in his first time playing with his 38 HC.

The guy never stopped talking the whole round. He even talked while he was stroking his putts. 3 putted a bunch but had a sweet swing. Bogied both par 3's for net birds. 7 on a par 5 for net par. Told me he was 10 but short of his age. I said "You don't look short, your legs reach the ground."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the kid.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	337066
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Anyone see the US am highlights?
    The one were the guys caddy goes in the bunker on the eighteenth hole and brushes the sand with his hand. The match was even, loss of hole penalty, match over. The caddy that did it was a lying little bitch, swore he didn’t touch the sand, not only was it caught on camera, his fucking hand print was in the sand. Nothing I hate more than a lying fucker on the golf course.

Yeah, local caddie too....

I have never felt the need to touch the sand...
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

I watched some of the amateur the other day, but missed the part where the caddie touched the sand. Fucked way to lose, but rules are rules.

Bandon is such a great course.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Anyone see the US am highlights?
    The one were the guys caddy goes in the bunker on the eighteenth hole and brushes the sand with his hand. The match was even, loss of hole penalty, match over. The caddy that did it was a lying little bitch, swore he didn’t touch the sand, not only was it caught on camera, his fucking hand print was in the sand. Nothing I hate more than a lying fucker on the golf course.

Agree 100%, golf is about self regulating and integrity ...but, it's wasn't the golfer, so the players isn't getting first hand info.

Final rounds were amazing.
    Unbelievable play in that thick marine layer!
    I can not wait to see Bandon Dunes in person one day.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Final rounds were amazing.
    Unbelievable play in that thick marine layer!
    I can not wait to see Bandon Dunes in person one day.
    That’s one of five courses on the property and my third favorite of the five. I haven’t played Sheep Ranch yet. I wish we’d gotten some coverage of early rounds on Bandon Trails which is my #1. It doesn’t get the recognition that the pure links courses do.

US AM's were quite good to watch. I was thrilled to see the best AM's in the country can still make BIG mistakes (not talking about Caddies).
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Nothing I hate more than a lying fucker on the golf course.

Not even Trump?

Oh, wait.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post

I got paired with the new guy in the men's club Wednesday 4 ball show up, match up. I didn't play last week when he won the $30 pot in his first time playing with his 38 HC.

The guy never stopped talking the whole round. He even talked while he was stroking his putts. 3 putted a bunch but had a sweet swing. Bogied both par 3's for net birds. 7 on a par 5 for net par. Told me he was 10 but short of his age. I said "You don't look short, your legs reach the ground."
    I just got to introduce an 8 year old to the mechanics of a scramble. On our first hole, a par 5, he & his dad and I used two of his shots to make par. we were all pretty stoked and hopefully got him to chill out a little about not being able to hit the ball as far as the big kids.

I imagine your buddy will continue to be a valuable team member. in a charity scramble you have the high handicap to fill your "D" slot but actually have a B or C player except for his drives and super long holes!

Another trick is to get a long hitting lady on your scramble team. Being able to hit 260+ from the ladies tee is super clutch.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Waited out the storm for an empty back nine today.

Name:	20200817_225034.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	757.1 KB 
ID:	337514

We didn’t wait.
    Played through.

And now we take you back to our regularly scheduled Tuesday evening programming.

Name:	20200818_223414.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	996.1 KB 
ID:	337591

Eighth hole. E.G.Brennan MGC. 279 yds.

Been playing 2017 M2 driver head for couple yrs and love it...but was looking to lower spin a bit without lowering launch.

Did some homework and found that M4 seemed to fit the bill on paper...so I just picked up a head.

This M4 head is absolutely money. Off center strikes come off hot...about 500 less rpm too. Longer and straighter than the M2...which is well known as one of the all time great driver heads.

If you're looking for great driver head at a good price this is a great choice.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

^^^
    I played the M2 and really liked it did the ebay/craigslist shuffle and ended up with an M3. Just completed the shuffle again and ended up with an M6. Sold the M3 on CL for more than I bought it new on the bay. Really digging the M6. Still playing around with the shafts Orange Tensei and the Rogue Silver 60 are in the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    ^^^
    I played the M2 and really liked it did the ebay/craigslist shuffle and ended up with an M3. Just completed the shuffle again and ended up with an M6. Sold the M3 on CL for more than I bought it new on the bay. Really digging the M6. Still playing around with the shafts Orange Tensei and the Rogue Silver 60 are in the lead.
    Nice...

I used Rogue Silver 125 and liked it (tightest dispersion in a shaft I'd ever seen) and just switched to Rogue white 130. Rogue White outperforms the Silver...same super tight dispersion with better feel. Low spin like Silver but hair higher launch.

From what I've read the M4 and M6 are really similar.

I've tried M1 440 and M3 460 and didn't love them
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Been playing 2017 M2 driver head for couple yrs and love it...but was looking to lower spin a bit without lowering launch.

Did some homework and found that M4 seemed to fit the bill on paper...so I just picked up a head.

This M4 head is absolutely money. Off center strikes come off hot...about 500 less rpm too. Longer and straighter than the M2...which is well known as one of the all time great driver heads.

If you're looking for great driver head at a good price this is a great choice.
    You're selling it? How much?

Are the tips the same or are they proprietary? Currently have a Nike

First league experience was a success.
    Made lots of new friends and got the (co) first place.
    So much fun and can’t wait for another one!