Page 385 of 402 FirstFirst ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,625 of 10029
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Wedge shank showed up.
    I’m freaking out.
    Last time it happened to me I tried everything to fix it and couldn't. Took 3 months off from golf, came back and right off the bat my swing was better than ever. Golf is such a weird game.

Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    Last time it happened to me I tried everything to fix it and couldn't. Took 3 months off from golf, came back and right off the bat my swing was better than ever. Golf is such a weird game.
    I don’t have the luxury to take few months off.
    We are heading to Scotland and Ireland for 10 rounds of golf in 8 days.
    I’m so screwed.

No you're not. Put all your change in your left pocket, turn your hat backwards then tie your shoes in a double knot.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Wedge shank is a weird one and something that showed up on the range for me but so far not the course. I shorten my backswing and accelerate through the shot, tends to make it go away.

I don’t have the luxury to take few months off.
    We are heading to Scotland and Ireland for 10 rounds of golf in 8 days.
    I’m so screwed.
    @ 1:40 this example is what helped my chipping dramatically. my swing thought is to hit down on the ball

If you want to geek out on it a shank is caused by an outside to inside swing. Outside to inside swing is caused by leading the swing with your arms instead of your using your feet to lead your body mass to start the shoulder, arm wrist movements. In my 100's of back yard wedge practice sessions shanks would crop up occasionally and the fix was to do some weeding or wash the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    No you're not. Put all your change in your left pocket, turn your hat backwards then tie your shoes in a double knot.
    <snicker> it worked didn't it??!!

I have few more rounds before we head over.
    I’ll try all your advices.
    I’m willing to try anything!!!

Practice with a 24-26* hybrid. There'll be plenty of opertunities to use that club on a links course for chipping

Some range time? For on course, really focus hard on club placement and steady eyes and head. Concentrate on the impact point in the club face. Imagine a contact point the size of a dime.

Between rounds, practice short chips on the living room rug. With enough practice I can hit flop shots onto the sofa from the Oriental.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Practice with a 24-26* hybrid. There'll be plenty of opertunities to use that club on a links course for chipping
    This, you can also putt from just about anywhere on the fescue turf you’ll be playing on. What courses are on the docket?

I should’ve been more specific.
    I’m good with green side chipping but 50-90 yard full swing 50, 56 and 60 are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    This, you can also putt from just about anywhere on the fescue turf you’ll be playing on. What courses are on the docket?
    We are playing the Castle in St. Andrews and Saturday and Sunday Open Championship.
    Flying to Dublin the day after the open and start from The Island, The European, The Old Head, Dooks, Ballybunion, Waterville, Tralee, Lahinch and Doonbeg.
    There won’t be much sightseeing other than Dublin and The Cliff of Moher.
    Just lots of Guinness and golf to celebrate my 50th!

I’m good with green side chipping but 50-90 yard full swing 50, 56 and 60 are the problem.
    I knew that. Not sure you need a 60, especially in Ireland. You saw my tips. Keep your head really still.

Google put this link first on the search page. Wearing your hat backwards is one of the tips and another you need to work at. "To complicate it further, there is a mental component to the golf shank. As soon as you get scared of hitting a shank, it seems to happen more often. There's also a cool vid of some world class pro shanks in the link.

https://golfguidebook.com/the-golf-s...ow-to-stop-it/

Pull aside the first seasoned caddy you experience over there and you’ll get straightened out quick.
    Stop thinking about it!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5463.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	420795

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

This is almost always the result of getting too handsy and steep with your swing plane. Slow it down and make sure you take the club back low for a full swing arc.

Also inside of 65-70 yards a long chip stroke vs a full swing is far more controllable and something I tend to do most of the time anyway and I highly recommend it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Find a (hopefully grass) range and practice. At this point pick 1 club (50 or 55?) and get dialed in on partial swings. It's impossible to get the volume of swings needed to gain confidence during a round(s) especially when trying to post a good score.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Find a (hopefully grass) range and practice. At this point pick 1 club (50 or 55?) and get dialed in on partial swings. It's impossible to get the volume of swings needed to gain confidence during a round(s) especially when trying to post a good score.
    This. Loft down, pick a PW or even 8/9, figure out your distance with a clock in mind (3oclock goes 25 yds, etc) and rinse repeat. Those lower lofted clubs will be more forgiving, you’ll just need to dial in distance and run (lower running shots probably good to have in the quiver on links courses anyway).

Basically doing something slightly different with a different club will also calm the bad swing thoughts

Every stroke you take just decreases the dollars per stroke you pay. All those suckers shooting in the 70s are really overpaying

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Every stroke you take just decreases the dollars per stroke you pay. All those suckers shooting in the 70s are really overpaying
    I am a value golfer myself

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Had a really nice twilight 9.
    I was too afraid to use wedge around 80 so replaced with 2/3 PW.
    After the last hole, hit handful of 60 yard shots and all went 45 right.
    I think it’s in my head.

Cute coyote pups were a big plus.

I had the shanks real bad a couple of years ago. In 18 holes I lost 13 balls and shot a 115. My worst score ever. My arms weren't staying close to my body, every chip was hoping 45* to the right...

Good weekend rounds.
    Shot 86 on Saturday and 89 on Sunday.
    Handicap is down to 18.4 but my head game is still very shaky.
    One more 9 today after work and time to pack!