Page 1 of 401 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Thread for golfers to cross paths, compare notes, join up, critique the Blurred Chronicles-Fore, and give DasBlunt shit.

carry on. Or take a push cart. Or even ride for fuck's sake...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I hit the driving range this weekend for the first time... It wasn't pretty and I was sore from it. I also took the wife out to the driving range for the first time. I don't think she'll be joining me again any time soon.
    Kansas - First Of The Rectangle States

Anyone in Seattle want to meet up, let me know. Time is on short supply but I am sure we could get something on the books. Muni's, Gold Mountain, Trophy Lake, Chamber's Bay, Fircrest CC, Maplewood, Willow's are my usual tracks.

The Penguins are golfing. Beware though, malkinstein will elbow you in the face, letang and Neal will constantly be diving in the water hazards, and crosby may suck your dick.

Heh, Wings are golfing too, crap. Played Bobby Ryan's home track Saturday, mine (Links in Driggs) Sunday. Life's good.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

I'm in. Live near Indian peaks in Lafayette, CO.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

played the little local par 3 the other day. real fun. "driving" was decent, chipping felt good. cant putt to save my life. my main course (big sky)hasnt opened yet, but i am going to walk it today.

Finally had the weather to get the first nine over the weekend... immediately realized I should probably be spending a little time at the range too

Count me in. In Westminster near Hyland Hills, Legacy Ridge, Lake Arbor and a few miles from Willis Case. Willing to commute for a decent course.

May is wide open but starting first week of June I'm only in for Monday and Wednesday rounds.

Might still have a couple spots open for Friday 1:09 at Riverdale Dunes if the pro shop hasn't filed it up yet.
    The best things in life aren't things.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Anyone in Seattle want to meet up, let me know. Time is on short supply but I am sure we could get something on the books. Muni's, Gold Mountain, Trophy Lake, Chamber's Bay, Fircrest CC, Maplewood, Willow's are my usual tracks.
    Not nearby but gold mountain is an awesome track. I caddied for my buddy there in the pub links back in 06.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Have a couple of rounds under the belt. Spring has been kind to us out here (if you're a golfer, that is). In southeast CT if anyone is passing through...
    "Go Balls Deep!"

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Add The Home Course to that, Mark. I've played one (1) round in 2012. Time to get out the clubs. Mid-week hooky golf or bad weather weekends work best for me cuz I plan to be touring on weekends with good weather. (The numbers of rounds per year is inversely proportional to skiing and mountaineering conditions.)

Our course, Bear Valley (the most remote in the US) is still covered in snow.
    But the skiing is outta this world right now.

-Last year I had a Spring day where I skied, caught dollies on the fly and golfed all within 2.5 miles.
    Looks like it could happen again this year if the snow melts and the ice on the lake breaks up.

remember: "It's all in the hips"

Another front ranger checking in.... Out near Standley Lake and willing to travel for a round.

Bring your flask...... Miss a par 3 green and your taking a shot!

Got a couple rounds in this spring, one in Florida. Holy shit is the golf cheap there. Waaay too many courses.

Just picked up a used set of Ping G2 irons. Man they feel nice.

The season is here! Pretty stoked.

I'm always up for a round with anyone in the Bay Area, preferably the north or east bay.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    The season is here! Pretty stoked.
    Let's get out there Schwerty! Will be gone next ten days but then around for the season- Fish 'n Chips tourney is August 26, mark your calendar!!

I live right across the street from a course so I putt and chip almost everynight in the summer and fall. Out the other door is a par 3 course I play alot. It doesn't open til Memorial weekend but I took the dog last night and played 3 quick holes. I wish golf wasn't so expensive.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Let's get out there Schwerty! Will be gone next ten days but then around for the season- Fish 'n Chips tourney is August 26, mark your calendar!!
    I'm in for the Fish n Chip! Had to miss last yr but wouldn't be good form to miss two in a row. Maybe we outta catch an evening 9 at the links one if these days after work. We'd have to take off a little early but that never hurt anybody. I have a couple left at the pines too!

Just spent 3 days at Pine Valley. Yearly trip, always hard to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Can I be your friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    Can I be your friend?
    Italian mafia? Aldo is about as Italian as you can get. Pine Valley is awesome, what a track.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

The greens are slow and bumpy .
    The clubhouse is old and smells like cigars .
    The bunkers aren't raked well .
    Fucking dog track .

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    The greens are slow and bumpy .
    The clubhouse is old and smells like cigars .
    The bunkers aren't raked well .
    Fucking dog track .
    lol.....Pine Valley is old, but rad.

What do you think of National Golf Links of America? Another fun track.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel