Page 357 of 402 FirstFirst ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 10029
    Way to go Beer30! Setting the bar high for the rest of the season.
    With all the off season visualization, first times out can be great.

Played a late afternoon round yesterday. Older gentleman in the
    group I was paired with hits a hole-in-one 150yrd 17th. Says it's
    his 3rd one. Fun to be there when that happens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1266.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	372559
    Hmm haven’t see one of these in a while, time for some stingers with that loft!

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Good luck holding those greens!

If you are looking for a round away from the resort I can't recommend Tobacco Road enough and Dormie Club (technically private) is an incredible Coore/Crenshaw that will let you on with a phone call.
    Tee times are locked in this time.
    But I would definitely want to check out Tabacco Road if I get a chance.

Greens destroyed my score at No. 4 and bunkers did the damage at No. 7.

Nothing but the smile in rain at No. 7.

Par 3, 9 hole Cradle was so much fun.

Next two days will be sunny and beautiful.
    Hopefully my game picks up as well.
    Last edited by nutmegchoi; 04-24-2021 at 07:45 PM.

Nice pics!

I got a bag built up this year for the first time since I was 14, and I got a pass at the local, which is a nice course. I hit an 85 today, with a missed 6' eagle putt on 18. Best score of my life. Stoked!

Pretty excited to see what happens after maybe 6 rounds over the previous 27 years (before this year).

Slightly concerned with how addicting it is...

Feels good huh? I went through a very similar journey to yours. Got back in the game with borrowed clubs and broke 100 for the first time with a low 80something.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Nice pics!

I got a bag built up this year for the first time since I was 14, and I got a pass at the local, which is a nice course. I hit an 85 today, with a missed 6' eagle putt on 18. Best score of my life. Stoked!

Pretty excited to see what happens after maybe 6 rounds over the previous 27 years (before this year).

Slightly concerned with how addicting it is...
    Its harder to score when you are trying too. For example, I shot an easy 74 a few weeks ago after not playing. Five days later shoot 82. The difference was all in my head.. I picked up a virtually new Vokey 50 degree wedge for $70. It's a 2006 model but still available for special order. It might be the nicest club I've ever owned. My three wedges are Vokey 50, 54, 58. All F grind. F as in full shot

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Feels good huh? I went through a very similar journey to yours.
    Sure helps to learn to swing when you're 4. A coworker asked today about learning as an adult and man, seems hard.

I don't know shit about gear, my brother is a full-on junkie and just sent me venmo requests as parts he had ordered arrived from all over. Less than $600 total and I don't see needing to upgrade anytime soon, except for a putter.

Well, I did shoot my 80something with wood woods and balata so there's that.
    Technology of today will flatten the curve to a single a digit HC. It took me a few years and tons of practice to get back under 100.

My wedges are 48, 52, and I just found my old fav 56 Cleveland CG12 in the wife's bag after playing the last month without it. Thought I'd lost it. I can hit that club 20' in the air and have it land 5 yds away. Chip with it to a tight pin and have the ball land like a butterfly with sunburned feet. Practice, practice, practice and then don't think any harder than you think when you toss someone your car keys.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

If anyone has balked like I have at regripping due to cost, check out Karma grips on Amazon. Got a set of 13 for twenty bucks and they are quality! My pops turned me on to em.

It costed shit ton of money, but I’m glad we went.

Pinehurst No. 4 (which supposedly baby No. 2), No. 7 and No. 8 didn’t meet our expectations.
    They were all very nice courses but not sure about $395 for No. 4 and $285 for No. 7 & 8 plus travel costs.
    We have nice courses around us cost less than those 3.

No. 2 was what we expected.
    Hard but fair.
    Tee to green wasn’t outrageous hard but the green was so slick to land and really difficult putt even with caddie’s help.
    They were charging prime season fee of $495 but the conditions weren’t quite prime yet.
    At the 7th hole, one of the other players shot my ball instead of his own on the other side of the waste bunker.
    Around the green he finally realized (which I questioned and he insisted) and apologized but it threw me off for next 3-4 holes.
    I scored horrible but regardless I had a great time.

The cradle (par 3, 9 hole course) was a total gem.
    It was a ton of fun to play and even more fun to hackle and watch other people play with drinks in hand.
    Vibes were unbelievable.

We stayed at Carolina Hotel with Donald Ross extended package.
    4 nights, 4 rounds of golf ($195 surcharge for No. 2 per player, $65 double back caddie per player), 4 breakfasts and dinners came out $2,500 per person.
    Airfare $450 each, daily gratuity for valet, bag handlers, turndown services, lunches and drinks roughly another $200-300 a day and plus shopping.
    I think the grand total was around $8,000-9,000.
    No wonder we can’t afford ski trips anymore.

I’m sure there’s a whole lot cheaper way to do it.
    But we took the easiest way since this was the first vacation since 2019 December.

Now I’m saving for Bandon Dunes July, 2022!

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post

Third round of the day always free. You won’t regret that trip.

Holy shit Nutmeg, that’s a lotta moola! Sounds like a cool trip, and when it’s open again Scotland will cost ya half of that! Turndown Service not withstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Third round of the day always free. You won’t regret that trip.
    I’m looking into their 2022 summer golf academy and add couple more days.
    Not sure if I can loop 54 holes walking though…

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Holy shit Nutmeg, that’s a lotta moola! Sounds like a cool trip, and when it’s open again Scotland will cost ya half of that! Turndown Service not withstanding!
    We’ve always been generous side with tipping but we definitely been over tipping since the pandemic started.
    Not that we are rich or anything.
    Just try to help out others who couldn’t work during the lockdown.

Speaking of Scotland, that is coming up this July if UK opens.

I’m looking into their 2022 summer golf academy and add couple more days.
    Not sure if I can loop 54 holes walking though…
    I used push cart and never made it to a 3rd round. 36 a day for four days. 36 a day is too much. Too tired for the next day. So yeah, just enjoy.

The range is awesome so it’s a good place to practice.

Pinehurst No. 4 (which supposedly baby No. 2), No. 7 and No. 8 didn’t meet our expectations.
    They were all very nice courses but not sure about $395 for No. 4 and $285 for No. 7 & 8 plus travel costs.

Hard but fair.
    Tee to green wasn’t outrageous hard but the green was so slick to land and really difficult putt even with caddie’s help.
    They were charging prime season fee of $495 but the conditions weren’t quite prime yet.
    At the 7th hole, one of the other players shot my ball instead of his own on the other side of the waste bunker.
    Around the green he finally realized (which I questioned and he insisted) and apologized but it threw me off for next 3-4 holes.

It was a ton of fun to play and even more fun to hackle and watch other people play with drinks in hand.
    Vibes were unbelievable.

4 nights, 4 rounds of golf ($195 surcharge for No. 2 per player, $65 double back caddie per player), 4 breakfasts and dinners came out $2,500 per person.
    Airfare $450 each, daily gratuity for valet, bag handlers, turndown services, lunches and drinks roughly another $200-300 a day and plus shopping.

But we took the easiest way since this was the first vacation since 2019 December.

WTH is that thing!
    Kangaroo rat?
    Bald squirrel?

My cousin is 5th on the waitlist for Bandon Solstice. If he gets it, I’m pitching to be his 2nd player.
    (Goal: 72 holes in one day)

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    WTH is that thing!
    Kangaroo rat?
    Bald squirrel?
    It is Fox Squirrel!
    Largest species of tree squirrel native to North America.
    Starter told me they live in the property and often chew through tourist’s brand new Pinehurst souvenir golf bag to find food.
    At first I thought they were ferrets.

Pinehurst pro shop was selling this hat.

https://cdn.nexternal.com/pinehurst/...g3150_z200.jpg

Cool, thx

Hard but fair.

Vibes were unbelievable.

For you I’d recommend a Monterey golf vacation. It has everything your looking for and the golf is less money.

The black nickel Vokey 50 i just got might be the nicest club I have. Taking it on the course tomorrow.

As a former Shooting Star caddie I welcome your approach to gratuity’s 👍

We’ve always been generous side with tipping but we definitely been over tipping since the pandemic started.
    Not that we are rich or anything.
    Just try to help out others who couldn’t work during the lockdown.

Speaking of Scotland, that is coming up this July if UK opens.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    As a former Shooting Star caddie I welcome your approach to gratuity’s
    Must been a hard job to walk with the view!

Speaking of a caddie, we met our caddie Collin while he was forecadding another twosome at No. 8.
    The couple wasn’t really taking care of him through out the course (make sure he gets what he needs from cart girl and halfway house), I end up taking care of him with his drinks and snacks.
    He end up hanging out with us the whole evening, carried our bags next day and had lunch after.
    We exchanged info and he is coming up to see us to play Bethpage Black with us.
    I think we take care of our caddie pretty decent.

So I just got off the phone with Grant who’s the director of instruction at Bandon Dunes.
    Evidently 2022 Links Golf Academy is fully booked?
    So are most lodging options.
    I’m on the waiting list for both but may end up finding a place to stay outside the resort and book my own tee times.
    Can’t believe this is happening 15 months prior.