Page 236 of 401 FirstFirst ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 10019
    So what?

So let's dance!

Most kickass gift from my girl, and a suck photoshop job by my buddy (who apparently has too much time on his hands)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I kinda liked Fossil Trace when I played it. Granted I was playing really well so that probably skewed my perspective a bit.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Just regripped my Nike T160 OZ putter. When searching the interwebz for installation instructions, DO NOT add an R to the end, search results will be very different Attachment 207696
    Cowinkydink. I just picked one of these up yesterday after playing with a guy that had one. He had a #2 ) and it felt really good. Gonna re-grip mine today and see if I putt decent. 3 putted seven greens early yesterday and couldn't do shit until it all came together and I shot 1 over on the last 5 holes. I'm sure I'll be back to my usual erratic self next time out.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I kinda liked Fossil Trace when I played it. Granted I was playing really well so that probably skewed my perspective a bit.
    I think it is, to some degree, beyond ones control. The most irritating round I ever shot there was while I was playing really well. The funnel greens and random mid-fairway bullshit can't really be calculated for. Nothing like watching your ball miss the fringe by 3” and hang up while some hack in your group sprays one 40 yards left of center that somehow manages to trickle to within 5' of the pin. There's one hole where the randomly leave a big patch of 2nd cut sitting just behind a hill in the middle of the fairway. I've played much tougher courses, but none that rewarded fewer good shots. It's the golf equivalent of playing mine sweeper on 999.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

41-43 Today. Borrowed clubs on a course I hadn't played. The yardages play a bit different at 5000' vs 500.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

nice!

No penalties. 3 shanked pitches got two up and down for a Bog. I did practice chipping on the fifth green for five evenings with the nephew

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Nothing like watching your ball miss the fringe by 3” and hang up while some hack in your group sprays one 40 yards left of center that somehow manages to trickle to within 5' of the pin.
    The Jim Engh Experience™

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Cowinkydink. I just picked one of these up yesterday after playing with a guy that had one. He had a #2 ) and it felt really good. Gonna re-grip mine today and see if I putt decent. 3 putted seven greens early yesterday and couldn't do shit until it all came together and I shot 1 over on the last 5 holes. I'm sure I'll be back to my usual erratic self next time out.
    Superstroke is MONEY!!! Went to the course and practiced my putting and was draining 3 footers like nobodies business.

A new grip or putter change has worked for me. I even went left handed for 5 rounds. Here's another method.

Orlando, Florida, May 1942: The deeply tanned tour pro rapped his three-foot putt towards the 18th hole, only to watch it spin around the cup and finish on the lip facing him. It wasn’t the first putt he had missed that day, and his playing partners looked in every direction but towards the broad shouldered man who was now bent over, shaking with anger and glaring malevolently at the putter in his hands. Suddenly he stood up and walked off in the direction of the car park behind the green. The other players watched disbelievingly as Ky Laffoon opened the trunk of his car, removed a pistol and proceeded to shoot his putter three times, shouting: “Take that you son-of-a-b—! That’s the last time you three-putt on me!”. -

If you don't have a gun

After one particularly bad day on the greens, Lafoon drove 400 miles to the next tournament with his putter tied to the rear bumper of his car. The reason? He wanted to "teach it a lesson."Another tale is told of him running off the green and holding the offending club under the surface of a pond, shouting: “drown, you son-of-a-b—, drown!”

heron lakes, great blue. hole 15, par 3.

51-47: 98 5 pars, 5 bogeys.

i feel like things are coming around.

tee box to green:

green to tee box:

Last edited by wyeaster; 06-14-2017 at 01:28 AM.

1.5hr course lesson on Thursday.
    Started pretty ugly, but as warmed up (and initial hype subsided) started hitting better.
    It was a lot of fun!

woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    woohoo!
    Playing a few today, too.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Finally finding my game this yr.

75 from the tips with 3 terrible tee shots and my 10 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter doing their best to break my concentration entire round. I didn't make any big putts either
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Finally finding my game this yr.

75 from the tips with 3 terrible tee shots and my 10 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter doing their best to break my concentration entire round. I didn't make any big putts either
    How'd you do on the back 9?

zing!

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    heron lakes, great blue. hole 15, par 3.

51-47: 98 5 pars, 5 bogeys.

i feel like things are coming around.

tee box to green:

green to tee box:

that's what keeps ya coming back.

did you make the put?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    that's what keeps ya coming back.

did you make the put?
    no. i was stupid and playing with someone new and we were playing semi-ready golf. it's a wide, shallow green and his tee shot was almost off the green, his second still away but on the other side. i should have just waited because there was no reason to be playing ready golf. anyway, i rushed the entire process. he's good (currently 7-9 hdcp i think) and we will be playing together somewhat regularly and we talked about it. he said unless there is a need to hurry, away always putts first in his groups even if it's the same guy three times. he's super chill with a long golf history and the dad of my kid's best school buddy so it's all good. also a snowboarder!

also told me peter jacobsen and matt groening went to my boy's elementary.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    How'd you do on the back 9?
    Yes???

Forgot to mention best part was I played the front with my 10 yr old son who is really starting to strike the ball well. My first round with him this year.

He plays in a youth league and just started his 3rd yr. He's only had his league twice this year and is already much better than he was at end of last last year. Kid's gotta swing now and it looks like he's gonna be a player before long.

We played with another father/son twosome on the front...55 and 80 yrs and they were great. They played a scramble and the old man was hilarious. I'm really competitive so playing a round with a smile on my face the entire time is rare and really great.

Wife and daughter met us at the turn to play the back.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

That's awesome. Unfortunately my kids are not athletic at all and don't enjoy sports. Sounds like you have a future pro on your hands.

45-38 at the TPC Stadium Course in Scottsdale today with a double-triple start...wtf, golf?

On a side note, I absolutely love my Srixon irons, put together a mixed set with 565 4-6 irons and 575 7-W. Any of you looking to get into a new set of irons would be remiss to not give them a swing.

Heading out to Quintero early tomorrow. This time of year is great in Arizona to play top-end courses for less than $75. You just have to tee off before 7 or risk dying of heat stroke.

Name:  13969.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  44.8 KB

I demoed a Callaway Apex Pro 16 7 iron and liked how it felt. The demo guy had me try the Steelhead XR Pro an didn't like the feel at contact. Demo guy agreed that they weren't as workable. The demo guy asked me to watch his tent while he took a bathroom break. When he was 10 yards away coming back I called out to the the folks on the range "ANY CLUB IN THE TENT FOR FIFTEEN DOLLARS!!" Demo guy laughed and gave me a couple of sleeves of balls for helping. "These are about a 75 compression". I told him I'd been called an old man in worse ways. Fun day.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Played fossil trace today for my first round of the year. Played with a couple of friends from Cali, and was a little embarrassed... That course is like a bad joke. A well maintained, public joke... But absolutely a joke. Friends couldn't believe the bs layout... And they're right. But they needed to rent clubs and we wanted to stick around Golden, so I figured it'd be worth the shenanigans. I don't mind it so much anymore - I just don't even think of it as a round of golf. More like some VR golf game designed by someone who's only ever played mini golf and Golden Tee. Beautiful weather, aside from an inch of rain around 330. I might head over to the Meadows or Fox Hollow tomorrow to cleanse the palate. Had no feel at all today... felt like I was swinging a broomstick. Still nice to get out though.
    You have a fucking problem with Golden Tee? jezus....jajajaja

fossil is just cheap thrills for the cart golf masses and beer tournaments.

I think there was a fist fight there caught on video. hahaha
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel