Page 383 of 402 FirstFirst ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... LastLast
Results 9,551 to 9,575 of 10029
    Awesome!!

Had one heck of a fun match in the opening round of the club match play Presidents Cup. I drained a slippery 10 footer on 18 to extend the match but we ran out of time to continue. Sudden death playoff set for tonight.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prezcup.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	562.7 KB 
ID:	418298
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Fun track. I don't play at all, maybe 3-4 times a year, but shot a 40 on the front and then the ipa's kept coming to end with a 54. About right for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Had one heck of a fun match in the opening round of the club match play Presidents Cup. I drained a slippery 10 footer on 18 to extend the match but we ran out of time to continue. Sudden death playoff set for tonight.

How did the match go from -1 on 15 to +2 on 16?

How did the match finish?

Should be a - not + on 16.

His par beat my bogie on #1. We were alone on the course so we got in another 5 holes of good conversation in practice mode until it got too dark.

^It's unfortunate the match couldn't be completed in one day. Many don't count on the opposition making a clutch putt and put themselves at a disadvantage, but given a day to recover it losses its effect.

I got whooped 5 and 6 in the first round of my club's match play last night. I was also keeping score and knew I was playing like absolute dogshit, but I didn't add it up until later.

97!!!!!!

FUCK.

I was a 6.1 index at the end of April and now I'm an 8.9 after that gongshow, and I've pushed just about every sub-80 round out of my scores that count. Fucking dumb game. Can't wait to play again tomorrow. Member/guest this weekend and my brother is coming out. Hopefully I got most of the bad shots out my system last night.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I got whooped 5 and 6 in the first round of my club's match play last night. I was also keeping score and knew I was playing like absolute dogshit, but I didn't add it up until later.

97!!!!!!

FUCK.

I was a 6.1 index at the end of April and now I'm an 8.9 after that gongshow, and I've pushed just about every sub-80 round out of my scores that count. Fucking dumb game. Can't wait to play again tomorrow. Member/guest this weekend and my brother is coming out. Hopefully I got most of the bad shots out my system last night.
    That's golf. I was standing over a putt yesterday day when a flood of cursing came from a nearby green. Had to back off cause I was laughing so hard.

On another note. I am playing with a set of Pingeye 2s that were given to me. They are head and shoulders above the old Wilson's I had. I am playing much more often now (1-2 times a week) and looking at a new set of clubs.

Some good deals out there on new Irons from 2019. Any reason to buy this years models?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Some good deals out there on new Irons from 2019. Any reason to buy this years models?
    No reason at all. But if you have never done it, it may be worth getting fit, and that way you will be sure the get the right shaft for you. It makes a huuuuge difference if you are playing with shafts that aren't.

I was planning on getting fit and dropping more $$$ than I ever do for a pair of skis.

Fucking dumb game.

Buddy I was playing with ordered a set of Titlists, the dealer kept putting him off so he bought a set of Pings only to be called 3 days later and told his set of clubs was in. Said if he didn't want them no biggie, dealer could sell them for a profit.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Yeah, well, a set of irons will last way longer than any pair of skis that regularly see BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post

Well played. It looks like you won. I did not know there were other TGR folks in my "hood". I'm also playing in this comp, and see we will meet in round 3 if all goes according to plan! (We both win) Unfortunately for me...playing like crap last night. Hopefully, that turns around like it always CAN in a heartbeat, with this game...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    That's golf. I was standing over a putt yesterday day when a flood of cursing came from a nearby green. Had to back off cause I was laughing so hard.

On another note. I am playing with a set of Pingeye 2s that were given to me. They are head and shoulders above the old Wilson's I had. I am playing much more often now (1-2 times a week) and looking at a new set of clubs.

Ping Eye 2 has a lot of offset so keep that in mind if you are shopping. It’s a lot like the Big Bertha irons and so forth.

The Eye 2 L wedge was still widely in play on PGA until the square groove regulation in 2010.

The best player I have ever played with, Javier Sanchez, played with ping eye2 and got me a set, wish I still had them.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Ping Eye 2 has a lot of offset so keep that in mind if you are shopping. It’s a lot like the Big Bertha irons and so forth.

The Eye 2 L wedge was still widely in play on PGA until the square groove regulation in 2010.

The best player I have ever played with, Javier Sanchez, played with ping eye2 and got me a set, wish I still had them.
    After about 25 or 30 years, I've replaced my ping eye 2's with a new set. (Taylor Made Sim2 Max) After about a year with them, I am still not convinced I like them better than the Pings. I think the mishits might be more forgiving, but really not sure. I figure I am going to give them time to get used to them as I had so long with the Pings...but wouldn't that be nice to have dropped cash on these new irons and go back to the ancient pings....

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Well played. It looks like you won. I did not know there were other TGR folks in my "hood". I'm also playing in this comp, and see we will meet in round 3 if all goes according to plan! (We both win) Unfortunately for me...playing like crap last night. Hopefully, that turns around like it always CAN in a heartbeat, with this game...
    I lost that match. You were at the Chooseups? I didn't play well last night either. The speedier greens threw my short game off.

Very windy round at The Summit at Armonk.
    Game is coming together nicely and new driver is finally start hitting.

https://youtube.com/shorts/2H5fk9Io-xQ?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/CcK0WRIcaXg?feature=share

Lookin good. I hate the new Youtube shorts format. Can't stop the vid to check positions.

shot a personal best of 91 yesterday.. I'll take it considering I've only been playing for 3 months.. Goal for the summer was to break 90.. its gonna fuckin happen

I went back in time with eBay and got a minty set for sub $300. Only 2014 pedigree but I really like them and they were very minty. You have to be a little more patient but you can save some cheddar.

Many of the newer clubs have gone stronger in lofts (changed the numbers along with increasing shaft lengths) so an old 4iron is a new 5. People like hitting the ball further so the club companies just changed the number. Be careful of the marketing departments efforts.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Fitzpatrick just on with PING S 55s.

That's a 2013 vintage set!

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Be careful of the marketing departments efforts.

Like selling drivers 1"-1.5" longer than any typical amateur should ever use because the robot hits it 20 yds longer
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Name:	A70469E8-D151-49F2-8CD5-C577068C5E55.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	663.1 KB 
ID:	419829

What’s better then hanging with friends ?

I'm 20 rounds into the season and I'm finally getting my mental game where it needs to be, however there is still work to be done. The longest distance in golf is the 4.5" btwn the ears.

Lost to the eventual winner is the state golf association senior match play.
    Didn’t have my A game but made up for it with the shot game. The guy hit 16 greens in reg to my 7. 1 down loss.

Also, played with a couple Korn ferry guys, mid 20’s and fly the driver 340 all day. These fuckers drive it green side on 400yd par 4’s, crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Nice work man.

Golf at altitude, whole different ballgame. Are you adjusting ok?