Page 186 of 402 FirstFirst ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 10029
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    thanks, i will check them out.

another question is spike or spikeless. i have always assumed spikes would be better for me given my decrepit knee and the fact that i tore he acl slipping in mud in cleats. and playing around pdx in the spring and fall is pretty muddy. but i've never used spikeless and assume i shouldn't be swinging myself into slipping but knowing how much i slip with the cleats i have i have a hard time imagining playing without them.
    http://oregonmudders.com/

100% water proof and very durable

i could use as much sponge between me and the ground as possible. i have a high arch and high instep and fairly wide foot. i've only had one pair of golf shoes in my life so sorry for the latest hacker question. any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I'd suggest the new Adidas Tour 360 Boost (Boost foam runs the entire length and is insanely comfy), but those are mucho dinero
    holy fucking shitballs

has anybody worn new balance golf shoes? new balance running shoes are some of the best for my feet. i had no idea they made golf shoes. i also didn't realize the oregon mudders were that cheap.

my house isn't completely level so it's not ideal.
    Not ideal for a house, but most putting surfaces are also not completely level.

Good round at San Geronimo yesterday. Place is a bit shaggy but has decent greens, is 15 minutes from my house, and a midweek walking round costs $29. Looking forward to playing more this year as we emerge from new baby jail.

Back 9 at San Geronimo is no joke. Love that course.

Never played SG. Looks good. 141 slope is stiff.

i'm beat but the boy and i are going to use the free round at king city today. i'm leaving the hybrid and driver at home just to see what happens.

i was out hitting balls last night and for some reason on my left wrist hinge at the top of the backswing, i cupped it a little bit -- bending my wrist back to the top of my forearm -- and i swung and the contact was amazingly crisp swing after swing. i don't remember where, but i read somewhere that the wrist hinge is supposed to be on one plane so i generally keep my wrist pretty flat.

any thoughts? it felt really good and i felt like i got a better lag and a better wrist snap and turnover through the hitting area. i was using the net at home so i didn't see the trajectory but everything looked and felt straight and powerful.

edit: it's not dj cupping at all

course wouldn't let my son on. i wish i could play. i feel like i'm striking the ball better than ever but the weather is conspiring against me. i think i just have to attack the course more. i have had to focus so hard to overcome my nerves and maintaining a calm mind that i have made myself timid and i can't play for shit timid. chunk chunk top. i've played long enough and practiced most of the basics enough that i know i can deal with whatever happens. i just have to let it go. i feel like i'm due for a breakout but i need to get excited about it instead of nervous.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160422_215759.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	430.7 KB 
ID:	181168  

I remember my dad taking me onto the golf course when I was about 5. I can recall a warm summer evening and there were rabbits scurrying about the fairways. You might have better luck by trying a cheap muni and go out an hour or two before sundown so no one is behind you. Some places here have special low evening rates. Play some practice holes. One or two mulligans on each shot as needed. Don't keep score. Let the kid hit some putts as a reward for staying still while you swing. It'll be good practice to get over that mental apprehension.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Played the first Old Fart Couples League match of the season. I was toting my bag around the right side of the 9th green while my wife was hitting a 30 yard pitch to the green. She was having a rough night and bladed the shot directly at me. Hit me waist high right in the golf bag. 2 stroke penalty, a 10 for her on the hole. Lost the hole and the match. When she found out about the penalty for hitting your partner she said "Since it's only a two stroke penalty, I might aim at you more often." Gotta keep it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Back 9 at San Geronimo is no joke. Love that course.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Never played SG. Looks good. 141 slope is stiff.
    MARIN COUNTY GOLF MINI-SUMMIT

We can do this, roping 54-46 in to round out the foursome. Actually planning to play Tuesday- although that could be at Presidio or Harding.

i have had to focus so hard to overcome my nerves and maintaining a calm mind that i have made myself timid and i can't play for shit timid. chunk chunk top.
    stop looking at the hole, over-analyzing, shuffling your feet, trying to add extra spin during the downswing

trust your stance, trust your grip, trust your club, just swing through, arms torso legs one motion
    holy fucking shitballs

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    for sure, lets figure something out.
    Playing at Springdale in Princeton Sunday, we may need a fourth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1461470462.689892.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	330.1 KB 
ID:	181238Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1461470486.850065.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	373.8 KB 
ID:	181239

New favorite course. Granite Bay Golf Club. RTJ. Everything I could handle from 6500 yds. 135 slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    MARIN COUNTY GOLF MINI-SUMMIT

We can do this, roping 54-46 in to round out the foursome. Actually planning to play Tuesday- although that could be at Presidio or Harding.
    I'm in. I can take guests on Granite Bay twice a month and anytime at Crow. Wherever you put together I'll play.

a little ivy league golf this weekend
    shame Aldo couldn't make it.

Awesome day at Chambers Bay - moody clouds and a little breezy just the way is should be.

Name:	IMG_2127.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	181319

Name:	IMG_2086.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1,000.8 KB 
ID:	181320

Hey, anyone here have a recommendation for a scottish golf tour operator? Thinking Old course and Royal Dornoch with some no name tracks in between.

looks awesome, skialpy.

how much difference do new balls make on distance? i haven't used new balls in ages. i found some nike vapors on sale 50% off at fred meyer so i grabbed them for torrey pines IN TWO WEEKS!!!

I have found that new golf balls go just as far as the ones on sale. Golf balls that I find in the woods go even farther and any Titleist Pro V's that I find go the farthest. Whenever I find a Nike, I toss father into the woods or better, into a pond. It's a personal thing with me and Nike.

how much difference do new balls make on distance? i haven't used new balls in ages. i found some nike vapors on sale 50% off at fred meyer so i grabbed them for torrey pines IN TWO WEEKS!!!
    There are some studies out there, just can't remember the specifics. The jist of it was, a "new" ball will travel something like 10% further than one that's been sitting in a cold, humid garage (or in a water hazard) for years. But "new" 2016 model balls vs a 2014/2015 model from a big box store? Most of us amateurs won't notice a thing.

I played against a scratch golfer in high school who used to game a Flying Lady just to prove how irrelevant ball choice could be... he'd crush us with it!

l meant the difference between a brand new ball and a ball that has been hit hundreds of times.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I'm in. I can take guests on Granite Bay twice a month and anytime at Crow. Wherever you put together I'll play.
    I have unfortunately been re-located to Scottsdale, AZ until sometime in September. Still have my place in the Presidio though so keep me in the loop and I might be able to make it happen if the timing works.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    So off to Scottsdale this week. Playing Boulders, Phoenician and We Ko Pa. Any recs on something else? Looking for hiddem gems. Not interested in TPC.
    Played Phoenician yesterday and carded the best round of the year for myself, 79 on Oasis/Canyon. Gorgeous course but not worth the $$ in my opinion. Short and not terribly challenging.

So far I have been most impressed with the Ambiente course at Camelback Golf Club, Papago, and Southern Dunes.