Page 242 of 402 FirstFirst ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 10029
    three days of golf here starting tomorrow with some good friends. and my golfshot app has the course! i have the distances to everything! woohoo!

We hit our irons terribly yesterday and still managed to shoot 38 somehow. It helped that we hit great tee shots and birdied two of last 3.

We still haven't put a great round together this yr but it'll come.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

weak, still recovering from infection and dropping now 11 pounds in 10 days, lungs hurt, knee hurts, sun and altitude killed me, but it was great to be back.

didn't play great for various reasons. also had some bad luck. twice i ended up in bunkers where the ball rolled up to the edge of the inside lip of the bunker -- basically under the lip -- with essentially no way to make a swing or decent contact and no way to get the ball up and over the lip. the second hole it happened on i managed to get it out somehow, but the first bunker i took 4 shots to get it out. each time to came to rest in essentially the same place because i could not get a club on it in any direction except one. i thought about trying to skull it in the hopes that it would contact the lip and bounce away and give me some room but i was a little stunned that the ball kept hitting under the lip and not moving at all. it's not like i was being delicate.

what is the play when the ball is stuck against the lip?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    didn't play great for various reasons. also had some bad luck. twice i ended up in bunkers where the ball rolled up to the edge of the inside lip of the bunker -- basically under the lip -- with essentially no way to make a swing or decent contact and no way to get the ball up and over the lip. the second hole it happened on i managed to get it out somehow, but the first bunker i took 4 shots to get it out. each time to came to rest in essentially the same place because i could not get a club on it in any direction except one. i thought about trying to skull it in the hopes that it would contact the lip and bounce away and give me some room but i was a little stunned that the ball kept hitting under the lip and not moving at all. it's not like i was being delicate.

what is the play when the ball is stuck against the lip?
    Unplayable lie rule comes into effect if you want relief

One strokes penalty...drop in bunker no closer

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

I'm a complete joke if I walk from the car right to the first tee, ie. tonight's round.

Still somehow managed to keep my score near my avg but I was a fucking mess tee to green.

I need my warmup routine to feel comfortable on first tee. Kinda sucks but I do enjoy going through a relaxed warm-up and walking to first tee confident and loose

Just started playing for real a little over a year ago (was 1-2x yr before that) and had a big breakthrough this week, first time playing a full round without losing a ball! Not the toughest course (6200 yds/ 119 slope) but semi-legit and pretty pumped having no penalty shots and no bunkers hit. This game is addicting, especially fueled by little successes, but man is it the most love/hate game I've ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Beat my personal best today at Omni Interlocken. 2 over 74. And I had a 3 putt par from 30 feet and missed 3 birdie putts under 10 feet. Could have easily shot under par but fuck am I stoked! Love this game. Today at least.
    Awesome dude.

lets get the money games going..
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    .......what is the play when the ball is stuck against the lip?
    Sometimes the only way out is sideways. Happened to Mrs Wolley last week. In a bunker and took 3 hits to finally skull it across the green into a deeper bunker. Hit it out sideways to 10 steps off the green and got up and down for a 10.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Wow. That seems really low. Unfortunately I tend to miss a lot of 4-5 footers it seems like. Those always feel very make-able.

Buy a new putter for the love of god do it now.
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Unplayable lie rule comes into effect if you want relief

One strokes penalty...drop in bunker no closer
    i wondered if that was a possibility. i couldn't make contact in a sideways direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronic View Post
    Beautiful, what course is that?

yeah, bronic, i looked at the pics half-asleep but it looks like a painting

I'm a complete joke if I walk from the car right to the first tee, ie. tonight's round.

Still somehow managed to keep my score near my avg but I was a fucking mess tee to green.

I need my warmup routine to feel comfortable on first tee. Kinda sucks but I do enjoy going through a relaxed warm-up and walking to first tee confident and loose
    +1, x100

Funny. I had the opposite happen last night. Rushing to get 9 in the starter told me to join a group on the 3rd hole. I ran over, said hellos, tied my shoes and t'd up a ball...nutted it 260 right down the middle with a slight draw. I think that shot alone set the tone for my round.

If I truly warm up I think I think too much and get in my own head. I'm better off with 1 practice swing and go. I usually will only putt before I play, no range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news is I get to play again tonight and on my own schedule. Got stuck on someone else's schedule last night even after I repeatedly told the guy I wanted to be there early to hit balls

Where is that? Looks amazing...and tight.

California?
    Eastern Washington?

ecuador. it is an amazing and intimidating course built on different tiers along the contours of these ravines and foothills. the pics are no good for showing it but i tried.

the third and second to last are looking from the tee box on a 160yd downhill par 3 and then where my tee shot landed.

it is a very penalizing course and the sun bakes the shit out of everything so the balls goes a long ways once it hits the ground and anything more than a couple yards outside the fairway is big trouble, assuming you can even find or reach your ball.

crazy course dude....super fun I bet, hard to score.
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Buy a new putter for the love of god do it now.
    Is that a joke or is there some magic new putter tech out there?

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    crazy course dude....super fun I bet, hard to score.
    yeah it is a hard course to score. my buddy - used to be head caddie and is now tpi-certified to teach kids and soon juniors and adults -- said the best players in the latinamerican tour who come rarely use more than 3i and 3wood anywhere. i have two more weeks but one away from the city and although my other friend who got me in is leaving the country today -- he was near death in november --we played with his cousin, who is also a member, and his cousin invited me to play again during my last week. it's a hard course and for various reasons it's been a physically challenging (i've dropped 11 pounds in less than two weeks) and emotional trip and the latter screws my game more than anything. also playing with somebody else's clubs has been hard as i've just been getting used to my own.

anyway, i reverted to some bad habits and feel disoriented and hope i haven't lost the mojo and progress i was making earlier this season.
    Last edited by wyeaster; 07-28-2017 at 05:56 AM.