Page 362 of 401 FirstFirst ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 10024
    Things got outta control at Korn Ferry.

https://firepitcollective.com/lets-get-ready-to-rumble/

food at the turn usually wrecks my game for a few holes. Good score!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    It finally came together for me last night.

Sometimes this damn game can feel so impossible and sometimes it feels so effortless.

Attachment 377200

Well done!

It finally came together for me last night. My wife and I were going to play 9 and do a nice dinner at the course afterwords. After hole 8, I think she realized what was happening and called in a order of food to go at the turn for us.

It was just one of those rounds, everything was clicking. I’ve had a few close calls with breaking 70 but never sealed the deal and the last time I broke par I was a junior in high school. This year my game has felt pretty good but my putting hasn’t been great and it always seems like one swing has been killing my scores.

I went out in 34 and decided to keep trying to be aggressive. I was three down on 18 and instead of trying to just make par, I played aggressive and hit driver/3H to the middle of the green and two putted for a birdie to finish with a 68! I feel like that’s the first time in my life that I’ve taken that approach rather than trying to ‘protect’ my score. All in all it was a round I won’t soon forget.

Sometimes this damn game can feel so impossible and sometimes it feels so effortless.

Attachment 377200
    Wow, great round! It's good to see someone else tracking F,G, & P. My friends think I'm neurotic for doing so. I've been struggling this year with putting, too. Finished last season as a 7 on my home course, have played over 35 rounds so far this year and have yet to break 80. If I hit 16 greens, though, it would be a different case. If I hit 10-12 greens, I score pretty well but I rely on a good short game and fewer than 30 putts to get there. My putting is averaging 33 per round this year, mostly a reflection on chipping not being as crisp as I would like. Need to practice!

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post

Crazy... I wonder what Fribb's score was. Pretty tough to remain focused after all that.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Wow, great round! It's good to see someone else tracking F,G, & P. My friends think I'm neurotic for doing so. I've been struggling this year with putting, too. Finished last season as a 7 on my home course, have played over 35 rounds so far this year and have yet to break 80. If I hit 16 greens, though, it would be a different case. If I hit 10-12 greens, I score pretty well but I rely on a good short game and fewer than 30 putts to get there. My putting is averaging 33 per round this year, mostly a reflection on chipping not being as crisp as I would like. Need to practice!
    I’m a numbers nut. I love tracking things to see trends in my game. Tracking F/G/P’s is a pretty simple thing to do and I think most rec golfers would get to know a lot about their game if they did it. I consider my iron play to be pretty solid so for me the key to scoring is to keep the ball in play off the tee.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one struggling with putting this year. I’ve been averaging 35 putts/round this year and averaging 13 GIR. Yesterday was my first round this season without a three putt.

I’m a numbers nut. I love tracking things to see trends in my game. Tracking F/G/P’s is a pretty simple thing to do and I think most rec golfers would get to know a lot about their game if they did it. I consider my iron play to be pretty solid so for me the key to scoring is to keep the ball in play off the tee.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one struggling with putting this year. I’ve been averaging 35 putts/round this year and averaging 13 GIR. Yesterday was my first round this season without a three putt.
    Me too on the numbers. Easy to track and look for trends, helping with seeing what I need to work on (as though my play isn't telling enough...). My putting, while not great this year, is really helping me see that my short game is sucking. It's usually a strength of my game but without touching a club for 4 months, I get rusty and need to work on it. The other thing with my putting this year is that whoever is setting our pins hates golfers, I'm convinced, as is the general opinion of others around the club. Evil, evil placements. I usually don't have 3 putts and generally average less than 30 a round but this year; 33 putts average versus 30 is about the difference from being a 7 last year to 10 this year. Again, though, I blame my chipping as I'm not getting a lot of 1 putts, either.

It finally came together for me last night. My wife and I were going to play 9 and do a nice dinner at the course afterwords. After hole 8, I think she realized what was happening and called in a order of food to go at the turn for us.

It was just one of those rounds, everything was clicking. I’ve had a few close calls with breaking 70 but never sealed the deal and the last time I broke par I was a junior in high school. This year my game has felt pretty good but my putting hasn’t been great and it always seems like one swing has been killing my scores.

I went out in 34 and decided to keep trying to be aggressive. I was three down on 18 and instead of trying to just make par, I played aggressive and hit driver/3H to the middle of the green and two putted for a birdie to finish with a 68! I feel like that’s the first time in my life that I’ve taken that approach rather than trying to ‘protect’ my score. All in all it was a round I won’t soon forget.

Attachment 377200
    Awesome!

I hope you got laid that night too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 9 with grandpa at Bradford GC on Saturday. Haven’t played with him since I was probably 10. Score doesn’t matter in those situations.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Pretty cool Choi, get that framed up.

skiballs and I are in for the Front Range Invitational, looks like best spot is south Denver, Castle Rock area that meets in middle. Anyone else in?
    I’m ready.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post

I’ve had those kind of father caddying for son pairings in a couple US Am qualifier. No fisticuffs though, told one dad that caddies don’t talk to other players unless asked.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Booner - Did you win your match? I took my opener 3&2.
    Got absolutely smeared. I don't know if I've ever been beaten that badly on the course.

I played somewhat poorly and shot +7. He was 1 or 2 under. He missed a few greens and hit every chip to a foot. Our greens are difficult.

I've been playing well since and have my district qualifier tomorrow and feeling good about it.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Torrey Pines is the most boring course for a US Open, ever. I even watched a recap of Tiger and Rocco saga in 2008 (or whatever) and even that didn't make the course look even remotely interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Torrey Pines is the most boring course for a US Open, ever. I even watched a recap of Tiger and Rocco saga in 2008 (or whatever) and even that didn't make the course look even remotely interesting.
    It’s a big tough American golf course and doesn’t need tricks to make it hard. I’ve played it and is my favorite course outside Bandon Dunes. You just don’t see on tv how intimidating the course is.

Torrey is super fun to play. Not boring at all.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    It’s a big tough American golf course and doesn’t need tricks to make it hard. I’ve played it and is my favorite course outside Bandon Dunes. You just don’t see on tv how intimidating the course is.
    Agree; fun courses. (Both of them.) Have to get off the tee or it’s a long round. Lots of elevation changes; different wind directions; variable grass; and good views.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Ridgewood Country Club West Course.
    6th hole 98 yard par 3 with pitching wedge.
    Ace happened!
    Too bad you guys aren’t around for me to buy drinks!!

Special thanks to 4matic, Wooley and all the others for the tips and guidance.
    You guys helped me get to where I am at today.
    Thank you!!

That a freggin peach Choi!
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

hell yeah!

that is awesome!!!! you are glowing in your pic.

Awesome. You earned it! thank you for the kind words.

How was your round?

Congrats. Respectable club selection and outfit too.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Great job! I know a lot of guys who've golfed nearly their entire lives, low handicappers who've never had an ace. You're beating them all right now! Congratulations!!

Congrats, welcome to the club where you’ll know the members, cause they’ll tell you on the first par three. (I’m a member.)

Congrats! I hope you are celebrating!