Page 87 of 402 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 10029
    Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    You do also know that you can't adjust the club mid round right? You can't play a dogleg right, set up a fade, then set up a hook on a dogleg left. Still gotta swung whatchu brung.
    well you CAN carry 2 drivers like phat phil, but you still have to make 4 footers...
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Just to be clear, you can't adjust your club after starting a round. Any Pros playing adjustable clubs are doing it for the sponsor $.

Played my first 9 of the season on Saturday with the wife. After we got past the mandatory marital blowup things went well. Had to pause on one hole after our drives so a hang glider could come in over our heads and land 30 yards in front of us. Went skiing on Sunday.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    As Paul Harvey would say "and now...the REST of the story..."

Q: That was a 9-iron on one?

TIGER WOODS: Yeah. I had, I think it was either 89 or 98 front. I was trying to put the ball in the front right bunker and I turned it too much, hence I hit it up the gap. So that was a mistake I shouldn't have made. Should have been in the front right bunker, easy up and down. Go to the second hole, Graeme hits it in there stiff; I need to answer. And he got off to a great start yesterday, he was 3 under through three. It was important to make that, and basically continue it.

I can only imagine the thoughts in Tiger's head every time he sees a 9 iron. Wasn't Erin wielding the same number when she brought an end to life as he knew it? See my previous post.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    he also seems to value making tough shots after making stupid decisions more than he does winning.
    You know Phil's winning record, right? not many on tour will ever match him, before or after.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

spook Guest
    Attachment 134607

Spook's head is going to explode. I hope.
    my head wouldn't even explode if this was from an xray of your rectal cavity.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    You know Phil's winning record, right? not many on tour will ever match him, before or after.
    i know, but even i wonder what in the hell he's thinking a fair amount of the time. maybe i'm fixated on him, but it seems like he makes a lot higher percentage of bonehead choices -- not mishits -- than tiger does.

First eagle of the year. 18th at Bennett Valley Golf Course in Santa Rosa, CA. Love my new Rocketballz Stage 2 3-wood.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1363143837.201374.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	134678

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i know, but even i wonder what in the hell he's thinking a fair amount of the time. maybe i'm fixated on him, but it seems like he makes a lot higher percentage of bonehead choices -- not mishits -- than tiger does.
    Mishits, like everyone else, gets him into trouble, and he chooses risky ways out, many times. He could care less what people up in the booth think.....watch TinCup again, do a report, that is Phil, except, VERY rich, tons of wins, and a great life. Who wouldn't WANT to take those risks?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Mickelson has said, in so many words, that he would have more wins if he played conservatively- but it wouldn't be worth it because he wouldn't have had as much fun. Easy to say when you have a ton of titles, a few majors, and a couple hundred million in the bank, but I still think that's pretty cool.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Caddy signals the club.
    thanks...

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tom111869 View Post
    First eagle of the year. 18th at Bennett Valley Golf Course in Santa Rosa, CA. Love my new Rocketballz Stage 2 3-wood.Click image for larger version. 

i think they do that rocketballzier campaign solely because they like the way jason day says ballzier. congrats on the eagle.

spook Guest
    Mickelson has said, in so many words, that he would have more wins if he played conservatively- but it wouldn't be worth it because he wouldn't have had as much fun. Easy to say when you have a ton of titles, a few majors, and a couple hundred million in the bank, but I still think that's pretty cool.

it's probably a lot more relaxing if you're not playing against history every time out, too.

He may not have said it prior to the majors, but he still played with some abandon back then. Always fun to watch. Kinda a bit like Seve.

Quote Originally Posted by tom111869 View Post

Nice. I grew up playing Bennett and 18 was the first hole I ever eagled, although back then the green was a lot easier and they didn't have nearly as many bunkers protecting it. 10 is always another good eagle opportunity, running parallel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    He may not have said it prior to the majors, but he still played with some abandon back then.
    It was after he blew the 2006 U.S. Open (the operative quote being "I am such an idiot").

I love the way Phil plays, like that shot off the cart path last week etc. etc...

it is just that he seems to miss a LOT of short putts that really cost him strokes. Best example for me is the famous 6i from the pine straw to 5 or 6 feet, but then misses the putt for eagle. It is that kind of thing that makes him not quite dominant, IMHO.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

[QUOTE=TahoeJ;3937154]I used to think this, but after playing around with and ultimately buying the TaylorMade R11, now I get it. It's not about the club giving you a draw or fade, necessarily, but making micro adjustments that will generally help you more than hurt. I tend to play a draw off the tee, and sometimes when I really get into one the ball will land "hot" and roll further left than I like. So I open the face just a touch and it mellows out the draw so the flight is more similar to how I hit my irons, without sacrificing distance and improving accuracy. It also makes it a little easier for me to a play a power fade off the tee when the situation calls for it.

There'll be a reason for drawing it off the tee with longer clubs but not with irons, this problem creeps in to my game if I'm not practicing regularly, i get sort of a slight pull draw off the tee,
    It's the fact I let the longer clubs release too early in the down swing causing it to come slightly outside of the ball with a slightly closed club face,
    Not saying this is your problem Jay, but its mine at times and for me it's a case of sort the swing not change the club head
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    you know the pros bend lofts & lies on just about every club right? why not have a club tuned to your personal mechanics so you CAN achieve a repeatable ballflight, then work it from there as the conditions/course warrant?

that's kind of like saying "I'm not a fan of cuff canting on ski boots, you should just ski them straight as the mfg. intended"
    Lofts and lies yes, that's different to opening and closing a club face, opening and closing a club face is to make adjustments to an incorrect swing pattern, ie club face not square at impact, no coach worth a wank would encourage you to adjust a club head instead of learning the right mechanics to a repeatable square at impact swing.
    Cuff canting is making alterations to body characteristics that cannot be changed,
    Learn to get the club face square at impact and no external adjustment will be needed.
    I ain't the greatest skier by far but I do know a fair bit about golf.
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Off to try out the R11, the R1, the Xhot and the razor fit.

I could play Torrey Pines every day of my life. Not sure about distance, though.
    The obvious choice. Trying to make it work right now, is the South course worth the extra coin?

R1 it is. Sweet.

Step-dad decided we're going to Ireland and Scotland at the end of this summer to play the legends. Guess I gotta get my game in order. Supremely stoked.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

^Ugh, the Vail of Irish golf.