Page 6 of 402 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    They did make sure that we hadn't brought our own beer.

Fuck that. I've never played anywhere that uptight.

Next Friday I'm going to take another wack at Riverdale Dunes. Wide open availability so if anyone is down, let's do it.

Soooo as of now I'm playing Heritage Wednesday morning and Riverdale Dunes Friday whenever. Throwing the camera in the bag now. Hopefully a couple of these Front Range fuckers can join. Check your schedules, lie to the wives/bosses, and let's go. Waiting out the weather report then making the tee time for Wednesday tomorrow afternoon and the one for Riverdale Monday or Tuesday.
    The best things in life aren't things.

spook Guest
    i recorded most of my shots on the back 9 on my go pro. talk about brutal. even when it felt like i was technically correct and in good form, it was just hideous. i used to be pretty athletic. amazing how unathletic i look now.

You're holding the club too tightly. Let it wing like a child on a swing. Educated guess. Never saw anyone hold the club so loose that it flew away.

If that tip doesn't work I have hundreds more.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    You're holding the club too tightly. Let it wing like a child on a swing. Educated guess. Never saw anyone hold the club so loose that it flew away.

If that tip doesn't work I have hundreds more.
    my brother tried that tip once; ended up launching an iron into the side of my face.

we were a bit younger, but the scar on my scalp says you potentially can hold a club to loosely

If it was your little brother, it was a "fuck you" intentional launch.

I know, I had 3 of them. OTOH, I'll never say never again.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

1st competitive round of the year yesterday .
    Couple good shots , followed by some fucking god awful shots .
    Golf is a bitch when you only play 6 month out of the year .

Shot an 81 today at Foxtail North in Sonoma Co. 9/18 GIR, 10/14 fairways. 40 putts. Had 6 3-putts. Can I legitimately say my short game is holding me back? Putting and pitching cost me about 8 stokes today.

Guess what I'll be working on this week?

Just got back to CO from Bandon. Oh. My. God. Everything you've heard is true.

81 holes in 3 days. My feet are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    Just got back to CO from Bandon. Oh. My. God. Everything you've heard is true.

81 holes in 3 days. My feet are done.
    Know the feeling. This is my annual golf trip: http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-cours...h_bandon_dunes

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Know the feeling. This is my annual golf trip: http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-cours...h_bandon_dunes
    A Matty G writeup? Impressive. Have you played Old Mac yet? It was my favorite, although all 3 (It basically hailed when we tried to play Bandon Dunes) go into my top 5.

Wore my Bandon looper jacket to golf galaxy today just by coincidence and rain... Got some props. I miss that place every single day. Did you enjoy any face rock sunsets? If no, you missed out a little bit. Also, Alloro is the best restaurant in town.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

82 at Oakland Metro. Two lost balls. Even after 8 but front nine is much easier. Walking round in 3:25.

Pacific Trails was my favorite course in Bandon.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    82 at Oakland Metro. Two lost balls. Even after 8 but front nine is much easier. Walking round in 3:25.

Pacific Trails was my favorite course in Bandon.
    metro looks fun. lots of risk reward=keep the driver in the bag on the back nine? looks like a tight course.

I walked 9 at Fossil trace today after the rain ended. Cold, but played OK. Greens were nice.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    metro looks fun. lots of risk reward=keep the driver in the bag on the back nine? looks like a tight course.

I walked 9 at Fossil trace today after the rain ended. Cold, but played OK. Greens were nice.
    From the blue tees at Metro driver is not needed. I haven't been playing much so several mistakes cost me. Made a couple putts so overall a good day. Wind wasn't bad either.

Shot an 81 today at Foxtail North in Sonoma Co. 9/18 GIR, 10/14 fairways. 40 putts. Had 6 3-putts. Can I legitimately say my short game is holding me back? Putting and pitching cost me about 8 stokes today.

Guess what I'll be working on this week?
    That course is underrated because the south course is such a piece of shit. The north course can actually play somewhat tough if the wind comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    A Matty G writeup? Impressive. Have you played Old Mac yet? It was my favorite, although all 3 (It basically hailed when we tried to play Bandon Dunes) go into my top 5.
    Yeah, played Old Mac in November 2010. It hailed on us, rained on us, and a 2-club wind kicked up. Played anyway. Shot a 90 in what was a fantastic round for me under the conditions. Like Old Mac, but some of the holes are a bit gimmicky.

If I had to play the 4 courses there 10 times, I'd probably go Pacific and Bandon 3x each, and Old Mac and Trails 2x each. Really like them all. Would probably like Trails even more if I played it first instead of third every year.

Old Mac wasn't around yet when I left in 07. They just had the flags in the ground to mark where the greens were going. If I got to play there 10 times I'd play Bandon five times, pacific dunes 4 times and bandon trails once. Then after being beaten to death id play Bandon Crossings down the street in a cart and drink a beer every two holes and finish with dinner at El Jalepenos.

Anyone want to play hyland hills with my mom and myself on Wednesday? Or coal creek maybe? Greens are more freshly punched at cc though.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Walking Lake Arbor tomorrow morning early. Taking the wife to the park n' ride at 7 then rolling up to LA around 745. Usual texts have been sent but if anyone else is down, let me know.

It's a nice, short little course (5800; leave your driver and woods in the trunk) with decent greens for only $21. I'll take the camera out and get some pics.

87 at Metro Oakland on second consecutive day carrying for 18. A little tired. Putter coming around. Three lateral penalties hurt.
    Last edited by 4matic; 05-08-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    87 at Metro Oakland on second consecutive day carrying for 18. A little tired Putter coming around. Three lateral penalties hurt.
    Nice. You'll be breaking 80 all day soon, sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherFucker View Post
    Walking Lake Arbor tomorrow morning early. Taking the wife to the park n' ride at 7 then rolling up to LA around 745. Usual texts have been sent but if anyone else is down, let me know.

It's a nice, short little course (5800; leave your driver and woods in the trunk) with decent greens for only $21. I'll take the camera out and get some pics.

Time's been changed to 10.

Hitting the Links in Driggs at 8am sunday, yo.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Like Old Mac, but some of the holes are a bit gimmicky.
    Yeah, 7 isn't the best golf hole, but the green site is the best view on the property. The 5th green is really severe too, you basically have to hit a 10 foot circle to get it close to any of the pin positions, and if you don't you have a 50 footer. I was just impressed with the scale of the place. It's huge. Also, being the newest the turf is flawless right now. I couldn't believe how well the pure fescue greens putted.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherFucker View Post

It's a nice, short little course (5800; leave your driver and woods in the trunk)
    Fuck that , you're hitting that r7 all day , motherfucker .

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Fuck that , you're hitting that r7 all day , motherfucker .

Funny you bring that up because I was just thinking it would be a perfect time to try out all those, regardless of length. I'll let you know how they hit.

Shit. I just looked at my NCGA account and I have not posted a round since October 21st! That's what ski season does, I guess. I finished my golf season with a great round (74 on a very tough course from the tips) and again, despite telling myself every year not to do this, I let way too much time pass between rounds. Time to hit about a thousand balls at the range.