Page 380 of 402 FirstFirst ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... LastLast
Results 9,476 to 9,500 of 10029
    Tiger and his boy, John and his. Tell me this ain’t great golf! For some guys with majors this has got to feel pretty sweet.

Sweet ride Choi. I’m jealous

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Sweet ride Choi. I’m jealous
    Probably worth more than my car but I’m lovin’ it!!
    Last edited by nutmegchoi; 12-19-2021 at 09:08 PM.

very new to this game of golf
    bought a new-to-me set of clubs today
    hopefully they wont take too long to figure out.. because I pretty much lost all confidence after playing a few holes with them today lol

Congrats!

Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

Just had my first lesson of the year yesterday

I’m still in ski mode as we are going to Jackson next week, but am stoked to get back to golf afterwards here in northern IL!

Nmc, congrats on breaking 90 and working to bring down the handicap. Like others said, avoiding big numbers is important

Cool ANC women’s amareur logo golf ball, quite a find!

Nice remote push cart also

Skied 10" of springish pow at Lost Trail today, course opens tomorrow in town.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Two sport days coming?

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Two sport days coming?

Planning on 9 holes then spring skiing tomorrow if weather permits

Just booked a flight to Augusta! My good friend’s dad, who lives in Atlanta, called and said it’s a green light for the Thursday round. So fucking pumped. I’ve been hoarding money for some golf clubs this year but it’s safe to say those funds will be happily depleted at the merch shop. I guess the tickets are ‘Members’ tickets so we get access to the clubhouse and a separate shop.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    Just booked a flight to Augusta! My good friend’s dad, who lives in Atlanta, called and said it’s a green light for the Thursday round. So fucking pumped. I’ve been hoarding money for some golf clubs this year but it’s safe to say those funds will be happily depleted at the merch shop. I guess the tickets are ‘Members’ tickets so we get access to the clubhouse and a separate shop.
    Whoa!!! That's a fun trip.

Im not sure I like that trade off of souvenir tchotchkes instead of new clubs
    Last edited by 4matic; 03-20-2022 at 06:04 PM.

Got out and started working on the short game yesterday

Im not sure I like that trade off of souvenir tchotchkes instead of new clubs
    A Scotty/Masters headcover is a money maker.

I just got back from Bandon (aka, heaven) I have been lucky to go there many times, but each time it's hard not to get wrapped up in just how good that place is. I will say, it sure was more accessible when I lived in Portland. It's a long haul from Seattle...

Anyway, a quick run down:

I left at 4.45 a.m. (alarm was not even needed) I met up with a friend in Salem who drove me the rest of the way.

Are we almost there?
    Name:  Are we there yet - 1.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  157.4 KB

So very excited to see this, it just never gets old:
    Name:  We are there - 2.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  217.9 KB

We were there by 1.30 or so, a strong effort if I must say so from the other North Bend (Seattle) Lunch at Pacific Grill then straight to the practice facilities. They are world class as you'd expect. Nice range balls, grass tees, many targets\greens. A nice chipping green, and enormous putting green, and they also have a killer green to practice bunker, chips, and pitches up to about 50 yards. We spent a bunch of time betting\gambling on short game shots. Highly recommended before your first round to get used to the tight lies.

Next up was Punchbowl. So good. We grabbed mixed drinks from the grill, but not needed as they have a trailer that will service your beverage needs next to the biggest green with the most undulations you'll ever see:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Punchbowl.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	410326

A fleabag motel down in Bandon with a nice view that nice before moving into Bandon for the next 3 nights:

Name:	flea bag view.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	410329
    As is often the case on these types of trips, I came in way too hot the first night. Hung over. Luckily, our tee time was 1 p.m. The next morning was looking to be a stellar setup for weather at Trails. Morning view from fleabag hotel:

Name:	stellar morning.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	410331
    Trails was a course I'd not played in a long time. Very different to the other courses being a woodlands course. I enjoyed it, but my golf was not so great. Lots of 3 putts...Weather was essentially ideal (looking up 18 before tee off at 1):

Name:	18th at trails.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	410348
    Our next day was 11 a.m. at Bandon Dunes. My best round of the trip. The wind had come up from calm the day before, but I have seen worse.
    4th green:

Name:	4th.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	410349

Headed to the 5th, clean surf and blooming gorse. It is a great place to be:

Name:	5th.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	410350
    My highlight was the par 3 15th. Blowing pretty much straight into us. I think it was about 140 or so. 6 iron to about 1 feet and sank the birdie!

Next day was Pacific. No pictures, decent round, but way too many 3 putts...(a common theme for me unfortunately.) Started getting a bit more windy, and cloud cover was more present.

Final day was Sheep Ranch. The heavy rain we'd hoped had moved through already. We were wrong. It was blowing pretty good. Bandon at it's finest and is to be embraced!!!

A cool sighting as the HEAVY rains came towards us with strong winds. Was this eagle an omen for a score to come? (Spoiler, no it was not...)

Name:	eagle.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	410353

Highlight was a 2 hybrid into\cross wind from about 185 to about 6 feet. Missed the birdie!

Luckily the precip was for about 3 or 4 holes. Wind did not let up, but the clouds\precip did. The finish at the sheep ranch is pretty cool. Here is 16:

Name:	blown dry.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	204.8 KB 
ID:	410354

A long drive home, and time for a detox. I am not sure this changed my rankings, perhaps edged Bandon closer to Pacific:

1. Pacific
    2. Bandon
    3. Sheep
    4. Trails
    5. Old Mac

Had I played Trails better on that first day, it's possible it overtakes Sheep ranch. Also, while Old Mac is "last" on the list, I did miss not playing it. I guess I need more than 4 days next time.

I am looking forward to practicing as we come into spring for a major push to finally shoot good golf. Current handicap is 16. My current goal is 14 with a longer term dream of single digits!!!! (I've said this in years past...we will see if this year will be different!!!!)
    Last edited by puma; 03-21-2022 at 03:48 PM.

Heading to Lake Oconee and the Reynolds courses on my way to Augusta late next week. Really stoked to play 3 of those tracks. Shipping my sticks via shipstix.

Anybody played those courses and experiences with shipstix?

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Thank you for the photos and stories, Puma!
    I was looking forward to hear back from you!!
    Glad you had another successful trip to Bandon.
    I can't wait for mine again.
    Those gorse flowers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    We are heading down in 12 days to see Women's Amateur Tournament.
    Been to Augusta few times but it blows my mind every single time I enter the property.
    You're going to have an epic trip!
    Enjoy!!

Winter was long and shitty in New York this year.
    It was warm until December.
    Then January hits with (wet) snow storm, 40's to follow to melt everything and repeat the cycle until mid March.
    Nothing good to ski and absolutely nothing for golf.

Found a female Korean teaching pro and took a few swing lessons.
    She's trying to make me turn my hip more and it's been messing up my head and body at the same time.
    But I'm going to trust the process and stick with her at least this year.

So far I tipped over the cart left and right.
    Sent it into a bunker.
    Almost hit myself by the cart.
    Scared my playing partners.
    But I'm getting the hang of it.

Shot 44/51 yesterday.
    My game is all over the place.

Scotland and Ireland trip is coming together.
    We are going to Saturday and Sunday 150th Open at the Old Course then head to Ireland for 10 days to play 10 rounds of golf.
    Not sure how many courses I requested would be available for the tee times but I'll be happy to almost anywhere in Ireland.

Finally the spring has arrived.
    Let's play some golf!!

Jon Rahm doesn’t turn much. That’s a tough change. I’ve been through it. Good luck.

Form me, a better turn starts with slowing down my back swing and letting the momentum of the club help.

For Ireland. I really liked Waterville and thought Killarney was a super cool town.

You can buy these from a few companies premade for a few more buckets. Really reinforcement of pressure into the backside. Coiling.

Name:	IMG_20220209_180055.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	410469

Jon Rahm doesn’t turn much. That’s a tough change. I’ve been through it. Good luck.

Form me, a better turn starts with slowing down my back swing and letting the momentum of the club help.

For Ireland. I really liked Waterville and thought Killarney was a super cool town.
    I don’t think swing your swing is Korean concept.
    Not sure if this is the right path for my natural swing but I’m gonna give it a try.
    I just don’t understand why my body wouldn’t move the way I want it to.
    I don’t feel like I’m asking much!!! Argh!!

Waterville is on the list!

Royal County Down
    The European Club
    Old Head Golf Links
    Waterville Golf Links
    Dooks Golf Club
    Tralee Golf Club
    Ballybunion (Old)
    Doonbeg
    Lahinch Golf Club
    Portmarnock Golf Club

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    You can buy these from a few companies premade for a few more buckets. Really reinforcement of pressure into the backside. Coiling.

Name:	IMG_20220209_180055.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	410469
    I’ll look into it!
    Thank you!!

Bought my season pass to the local goat track on Monday. Going to be in the 50s here today so headed out to the executive course later this PM to try and make my back sore.

FORE!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"