Page 365 of 379 FirstFirst ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 9452
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Make lemonade out of lemons.
    Some miracle happened and the boyfriend agreed to come to Bandon Dunes.
    We booked last minute 7 day trip.
    July 14th to 20th, we have to move around 4 times in the resort and don't even have a room for the last night, but we have 10 tee times booked!
    Bandon, here we come!!
    Nice! Enjoy the trip. One of my favorite places. That will be fantastic. With 10 tee times, safe to assume you will play them all?

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Nice! Enjoy the trip. One of my favorite places. That will be fantastic. With 10 tee times, safe to assume you will play them all?
    I hope so
    Weíll see.

July 14th

The Preserve

July 15th

Bandon Dunes

July 16th

Old McDonald am
    Bandon Dunes pm

July 17th

Bandon Trails am
    Sheep Ranch pm

July 18th

Sheep Ranch am
    Pacific Dunes pm

July 19th

Pacific Dunes am
    Bandon Trails pm

Today carrying and walking (imagining x2 a day, 6 straight day) at Bethpage Black was bit of a reality check.

Last edited by nutmegchoi; 07-04-2021 at 11:38 PM.

looks awesome. that sign is funny though, I mean what exactly is a highly skilled golfer? like to me I would think of someone who breaks 80 pretty much every time.

I have been playing a bunch this summer after like 12ish years of not really playing more than a couple times a season or maybe not at all. Fun to get back into it and have the itch again but its definitely frustrating bc I just want to be as good as I was back then. If anyone ever comes and plays keystone hit me up.

I remember seeing that Bethpage sign for the first time and thinking what the F am I getting myself into.
    While itís a hard course obviously, that sign is a bit ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I remember seeing that Bethpage sign for the first time and thinking what the F am I getting myself into.
    While itís a hard course obviously, that sign is a bit ridiculous.
    One must consider the avg golfer doesnít walk, much less walk and carry. Add in a little heat and humidity, the rough, elevation changes and youíve got a demanding round of golf.

I think itís a fair warning and it kept me off of it as I was about a 36 HI at the time. I played all the other courses at Bethpage many times and was on the Black as a spectator in 2009 for the US Open several days so Iíve seen it up close.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

NMC- much respect!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    One must consider the avg golfer doesnít walk, much less walk and carry. Add in a little heat and humidity, the rough, elevation changes and youíve got a demanding round of golf.

I think itís a fair warning and it kept me off of it as I was about a 36 HI at the time. I played all the other courses at Bethpage many times and was on the Black as a spectator in 2009 for the US Open several days so Iíve seen it up close.

Boyfriend walked 18,000 steps, 8 miles and I walked 1,6000 steps.
    Brutal course to walk.

NMC- much respect!

I carry and walk black 2-4 times a year.
    Every time I play, I get chewed up alive.
    Itís like a bad boyfriend I keep going back to get hurt some more.
    Physically and emotionally.

I normally hit somewhere 90-100.
    At black, I shoot 117-123.
    Playing 6,220 yard forward tee 76.8/150 slope rating is a no joke.
    Iím hoping to hit low 100 one day.
    If I ever break 100, Iíll be over the moon.

Luckily Iím a fast player so I have no problem keeping up with the group while Iím hitting 100ís.

I played it right before the 2002 US Open when the rough was torture. You had the use a PW to get anything in the second cut back into the fairway.

No doubt itís a hard course and even more so to walk. Props NMC!

Do you still have to sleep in the parking lot to get on these days?

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Boyfriend walked 18,000 steps, 8 miles and I walked 1,6000 steps.
    Brutal course to walk.

I carry and walk black 2-4 times a year.
    Every time I play, I get chewed up alive.
    Itís like a bad boyfriend I keep going back to get hurt some more.
    Physically and emotionally.

I normally hit somewhere 90-100.
    At black, I shoot 117-123.
    Playing 6,220 yard forward tee 76.8/150 slope rating is a no joke.
    Iím hoping to hit low 100 one day.
    If I ever break 100, Iíll be over the moon.

Luckily Iím a fast player so I have no problem keeping up with the group while Iím hitting 100ís.
    You donít use push cart? I use push cart when I play Bandon. You could probably double bag a caddy there.

77 today on a pretty tough course today. No doubles one birdie.

I learned some things watching the LPGA ladies up close for 4 days and itís naturally slowed my tempo down.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I played it right before the 2002 US Open when the rough was torture. You had the use a PW to get anything in the second cut back into the fairway.

No doubt itís a hard course and even more so to walk. Props NMC!

Do you still have to sleep in the parking lot to get on these days?
    Rough is ridiculous at Black.
    Thereís no other way to get out of it other than a short iron or a wedge.

You could do the parking lot if you want the ďwholeĒ experience.
    Itís not easy but you can also book online once every 28 days.
    12 hour cancellation policy so the night before is the best time to book.
    Naturally single is the easiest and gets harder to add more players.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    You donít use push cart? I use push cart when I play Bandon. You could probably double bag a caddy there.
    I think black is easier to carry because of the significant elevation changes.

Iíll probably carry for Bandon Trails and Old Mac and push cart the rest.
    Got a caddie for boyfriend at Bandon Trails and Old Mac since heís not a carrier nor a usual walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    looks awesome. that sign is funny though, I mean what exactly is a highly skilled golfer? like to me I would think of someone who breaks 80 pretty much every time.

I have been playing a bunch this summer after like 12ish years of not really playing more than a couple times a season or maybe not at all. Fun to get back into it and have the itch again but its definitely frustrating bc I just want to be as good as I was back then. If anyone ever comes and plays keystone hit me up.
    Holy crap! Are all those tee times inked? That's a tough schedule for anyone!
    My bucket list is to play there, being from OR and all
    Your trip is right before my shoulder surgery, I'm playing as much as I can up until I go under the knife

77 today on a pretty tough course today. No doubles one birdie.

I learned some things watching the LPGA ladies up close for 4 days and itís naturally slowed my tempo down.
    Nice! Where have you been playing?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Nice! Where have you been playing?
    Thanks . Diablo Creek yesterday. Itís long for the state of my game at 6500 yards. Mostly Redwood Canyon which better fits the state of my game right now at 5600 yards. I made plenty of mistakes and still scored well which has always been my game. Shot maker not ball striker.

Iím good for once a week play with full swing practice limited to just a few balls.

My back and legs are not stiff or nerve pain today. First time in many years I can say that. Iíve been swimming a lot and finally found some exercises that work.

Iím ready to start walking rounds on flat courses. Shared cart is just not as fun for me.

Thanks . Diablo Creek yesterday. Itís long for the state of my game at 6500 yards. Mostly Redwood Canyon which better fits the state of my game right now at 5600 yards. I made plenty of mistakes and still scored well which has always been my game. Shot maker not ball striker.

Iím good for once a week play with full swing practice limited to just a few balls.

My back and legs are not stiff or nerve pain today. First time in many years I can say that. Iíve been swimming a lot and finally found some exercises that work.

Iím ready to start walking rounds on flat courses. Shared cart is just not as fun for me.
    Meet up at Monarch or in Alameda?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Meet up at Monarch or in Alameda?
    Iím at Alameda golf works right now getting new grips and lie adjustment. Both are excellent courses. either one is fine with me.
    I play at Redwood Canyon after 5pm for $8! No wind and 1000x better than a range.

I tested a steel Modus 3 105g stiff shafted 6 iron. No way. Iím done. Way too heavy for me. My bag is good now:

D,3w,5w,21h,24h,6-9 irons,46,50,64,58w

Iím at Alameda golf works right now getting new grips and lie adjustment. Both are excellent courses. either one is fine with me.
    I play at Redwood Canyon after 5pm for $8! No wind and 1000x better than a range.

I tested a steel Modus 3 105g stiff shafted 6 iron. No way. Iím done. Way too heavy for me. My bag is good now:

D,3w,5w,21h,24h,6-9 irons,46,50,64,58w
    Cool; my GF is in Alameda. Redwood Canyon - is that what used to be Willow Park with the floating golf ball range?

The Modus3 105g stiff is what I play. Not a violent transition so works for me. You have graphite?

Playing with 12 clubs: D, 5w, 21h, 5-PW (46*), 50*, 56*, P. Took out 3W and LW to keep myself from trying hero shots. Have a 25* 5h; waver on it and the 5i. Leave it out because I canít commit to it.

Yes, the former willow canyon. Great weather at that course.

All graphite R except my wedges which I think are s200 stiff steel (aka wedge flex). 12 degree driver cut to 44 in. A good drive for me is 225 carry. Iíll pm you.

Good good. Similar here. PMíd you back. Over time turned into old straight shooting guy. Short game needs workÖ

I can usually make use of four wedges but lately I been second guessing so would be better to pull clubs. Chip with hybrid is something I need to work on

Finally broke 40 after a long drought. 5 one putt pars, 3 one putt boges and a two putt par from 30 feet. Chipping practice working.

I bent my scoring wedges 2 degrees flat. I like it!

Mine are 4* flat cuz Iím short, but most people play wedges that are to upright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Mine are 4* flat cuz Iím short, but most people play wedges that are to upright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was fool forever. Watched a Vokey vid a while back and finally got around to it.

Highly recommend all the Bob Vokey YouTube vids.