Page 360 of 378 FirstFirst ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 9448
    Started following this guy a month ago. Great thoughts about strategy around the course. Dig thru some of his past posts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPqRsRAg...dium=copy_link

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

As usual, thank you all for your inputs!
    I'll take them into consideration at practice and take it to the course what works!

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

If anyone says they chip with a single club...whatever it is...that's a huge red flag for an area to improve on. You should be using whatever the shot calls for...could be an 8i...could be a LW.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    If anyone says they chip with a single club...whatever it is...that's a huge red flag for an area to improve on. You should be using whatever the shot calls for...could be an 8i...could be a LW.
    Sure. My point is that the high lofted wedges are used far too much and if you never learn to hit different shots with a single club,aka touch, you will always struggle thinking itís the club when it really is LOFT (which is a Lack Of Fucking Talent). When I was a kid Iíd take a wedge and start in my yard and play all the way through the park near my house using trees for pins; I have a good short game. Yesterday, for example, I played a practice round and only hit my 54 degree from everywhere 110 yards in. Sand, fringe, rough, bump,air.

https://practical-golf.com/wp-conten...t_Impact-1.pdf

A Note on Pitching from Nick Price

Personally, I think too many accomplished golfers pitch the ball with their most lofted club far too often. They tend to use the lob or sand wedge for all shots between 10 and 100 yards from the green. Not only is this inefficient, but with the amount of height and spin imparted on the ball, itís difficult to control. How often have you seen a Tour level golfer hit a short wedge shot to a green only for the ball to spin away from the target? Shots from this range are far easier when you learn how to hit them with a lesser lofted club. Ever heard of a ďpitchingĒ wedge? I would even settle for a gap wedge. Anything but the dreaded full swing L-wedge. Use it for any pin position on the green other than in the front, or just over a bunker or hazard. This will allow you to swing more softly; keep a flatter trajectory; maintain spin on the ball; and ultimately be more consistent. It just takes a little getting used to.

Itís the old Johnny Miller quote. Which club do you hit 120 yards? Answer, ďAll of themĒ

Had to hit a 10 yd chip over a bunker (so no bump and run) to a quick green that ran down and away 30' to the pin Normally it would be my sand wedge 10' onto the green but trees blocked the lob. So I practiced swung a pitching wedge to land 1' on the green and hit the shot with a soft right hand lift to deaden the landing. Landed 1' short of the fringe and left a 15' downhill putt. That I didn't make. Nothing like 10,000 practice chips to make up for my lack of skilz.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I have been hitting the local course recently. While it's not country club manicured, they have an end to the range with grass tees and a big open area with a green and pins to pitch into. (Wooley, I believe you are familiar with this "hidden secret gem of a course"...) I don't think there is better time spent for me practicing then pitching and chipping. Being able to vary distances and trajectory during practice is SWEET. As an added bonus, my 13-year-old son, who's never really been able to hit the ball well, is the one "begging" me to go to the course! He wants to go today for two days in a row!!! Love it.

I am headed down south and playing my Dad at Royal Oaks, and with some old friends down at Illahie this weekend! Hopefully this practice eliminates major embarrassment after many years of not getting any consistent golf in. One of these old friends is somewhat new to golf, and has the bug big time. He plays 3 rounds a week. I've talked trash, time to back it up! (or have fun trying)

I was lucky enough to play Rock Creek Cattle Company in MT today. Tom Doak course where he was given free reign on 40,000 acres.

It was the coolest human-altered landscape I've ever been immersed in. Just sublime.

I'll post a few underwhelming pics when I get to a computer.

My god, i want to go back. Also played with a 19-year-old woman who shot a 72, so that was pretty amazing to watch, too.

Need some new golfing buddies here in CO.
    Will be in the Springs for the next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pics of Rock Creek aren't great, but these are: https://golfclubatlas.com/courses-by...attle-company/

Here's three that turned out OK. The person in the pic is the 19 year old who shot 72. She was just absolutely deadly around the greens. Super fun to watch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rock Creek 3.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	376399

Name:	Rock Creek 2.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	376400

Name:	Rock Creek 1.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	376401
    Last edited by RootSkier; 06-04-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Shot a 76 with four birdies and an eagle. Easy course at 5600 yards.. Some really dumb play around the greens cost me dearly. I finally found something with my putting that I think is going to stick. I need to sort out my iron play and then should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    My pics of Rock Creek aren't great, but these are: https://golfclubatlas.com/courses-by...attle-company/

Here's three that turned out OK. The person in the pic is the 19 year old who shot 72. She was just absolutely deadly around the greens. Super fun to watch.

Wow that's a sick track...and looks really tough
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post

Looks great! Iím playing there on Monday with some old high school buddies and Iím pretty pumped about it. Fingers crossed I am able to put a decent round together.

nice lookin pics there!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    Looks great! I’m playing there on Monday with some old high school buddies and I’m pretty pumped about it. Fingers crossed I am able to put a decent round together.
    I think if you are with old friends it would be completely appropriate to get naked and just roll around on the absolutely perfect and massive fairways with the most sexual undulations. That's basically what I wanted to do all day.

For real though, if I could do it over I would spend at least 45 minutes putting on the practice greens before I started. I lost SOOOO many shots on the greens, even more than usual. Enjoy though, it is an other-worldly course and I feel unbelievably fortunate to have played it with a really great group. I know lots of people around here who would do terrible things to small animals for the chance to play there.

Always love watching womanís golf -Megha Ganne is making it even more enjoyable at Olympic club this weekend- sheís quite a force.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Played Bridger Creek yesterday, back 9. We went out just after a tournament and they still had the signage up for the special holes (closest to the pin/longest putt etc). I manged to hit 2 of those fucking signs with my chips/pitches.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

Found a range with a nice view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Rock Creek was unreal. Such a great day! Everything was immaculate, fairways were like greens, hardly saw a divot all day. We only saw two other groups on the course all day and we were the last group out at 1 so we took our sweet ass time and soaked in every hole. I shoot a 78, but finished with two birdies so I was pleased with it. The fairways are so unbelievably wide that itís almost hard to focus in on a target. I only missed one fairway and hit 13 greens so it wasnít my ball striking that killed me. The green complexes are where they get you but I loved it. You were forced to get super creative, not really a straightforward chip or putt on the entire course. I hope I get to play there again someday and if not, I am so happy I got to do it once.

Here are some photos.

Name:  IMG_8653.JPG
Views: 220
Size:  179.1 KB

Name:	IMG_8621.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	376663

Name:	IMG_8624.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	376664

Had a CadyShack round. Old personal best was +7. Scored a 73(+2). 6 birdies including the final 3. Personal best was 4 tweeters. Followed it with an 82 with 4 lost balls. SIM / Practice time is probably the reason for the awesomeness. Index is now 9.2!

How do you get on that course in MT? - Looks Private....

Name:	Screenshot_2021-06-08-09-25-44-596_com.grint.thegrint.pro.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	283.0 KB 
ID:	376676
    Last edited by NakedShorts; 06-08-2021 at 11:29 AM.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

I just played Sheep Ranch on a 30MPH sustained day, gusts were insane. It got to be circus golf at many points but was still a blast. What a golf course.

I'm marshalling LPGA Lake Merced this week with no spectators. It's awesome. What a course and the ladies are the bomb.
    Albane Valenzuela omg..

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    How do you get on that course in MT? - Looks private.
    It's extremely private. And starting this year, you have to own real estate there to join, so it's now even more exclusive. The only house currently for sale there that I can see is $2.2 million.

Nice track root, well above my pay grade.

Finally made it out yesterday for a bucket and walking nine at local goat track exec course. Even bogey round but hit 5/9 greens and watched them bounce off each like a parking lot. Nothing held and speed was variable. My game sucks so bad but that was a good time with a couple buddies. Back at it Sat to see how worse it can get.

Laying it out for front rangers, anyone around, lets get a round in sometime.