Page 338 of 342 FirstFirst ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 8548
  1. #8426
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mountains, Trees, and a Big Blue Lake
    Posts
    285
    Home course finally got the Covid green light ( it's also a state park) on Friday. Playing so nice. 90 Friday. 82 today. Was holding up today +4 through 15 then I brought it in TRIPS TRIPS BOGES. No birds in the last 2 rounds so I am due!
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

  2. #8427
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Issaquah
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Brady with the birdie from the fairway with Barkley giving him shit...classic GOAT.
    That was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. I was almost in tears laughing. Chuck seeing how bad Brady was playing then deciding he wanted a piece of that in a match followed immediately by a floundering Brady hitting the shot of his life with backspin to hole out.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

  3. #8428
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    3,960
    My DVR only recorded first two hours of the Match.
    Is there anyway I can watch the replay?

  4. #8429
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Issaquah
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    My DVR only recorded first two hours of the Match.
    Is there anyway I can watch the replay?
    You can check and see if TNT is doing encore showings which I would imagine they are since there isn't any new sports or shows and they paid a small fortune for it.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

  5. #8430
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    3,960
    TNT of all the channels!
    I still don't get it.

  6. #8431
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Eastern WA
    Posts
    395
    Been stuck in a rut of inconsistency lately. Finally strung together two decent nines at one of the harder courses in my area. Went 36-36 for even par from 6600yds in a steady 10-15mph wind. The putter saved my ass a few times for sure. Some days I really love this game!

  7. #8432
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    6,125

    Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

    Played first round from the tips at home course tonight (finally warm and dry enough)and shot lowest round of the year.

    Go figure
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

    BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

  8. #8433
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Played first round from the tips at home course tonight (finally warm and dry enough)and shot lowest round of the year.

    Go figure
    First round of the year, I either:

    Play super well because I forgot all my bad habits from the previous season.

    or

    Forget how to play and manage to hit every miss-hit possible (Push Slice, Pull Slice, Shank, Duck hooks, pull hooks, thin shots, fat shots, etc)

    It's almost always the latter.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

  9. #8434
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    4,623
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    First round of the year, I either:

    Play super well because I forgot all my bad habits from the previous season.

    or

    Forget how to play and manage to hit every miss-hit possible (Push Slice, Pull Slice, Shank, Duck hooks, pull hooks, thin shots, fat shots, etc)

    It's almost always the latter.
    What, no double cross or duffs?

  10. #8435
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Presidio
    Posts
    1,433
    bump...

    Played Edgewood at Tahoe yesterday, incredible views and some really unique green complexes. Other than that, I probably wouldn't go back considering how high green fees are and certain greens were extremely diseased.

    Nonetheless, good to get out on the course again and I will be in Bandon for four days later this month.

  11. #8436
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,414
    Thanks for the review. Ive been there and watched tv events and thought the course was unremarkable.

    OTOH: Sheep Ranch in Bandon looks legit.

  12. #8437
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    3,960
    Iíve been watching Bandon live camera.
    Canít wait to play those beautiful dunes one day.

    Played Bethpage Yellow today.
    Played well front 9 though there were one triple and one 3 putt.



    Then fatigue set in and wheels came off.
    All fell apart in back 9.


  13. #8438
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    12,426
    No 3 putts. Short stick was working and/or your chipping was on. Still feeling the Covid? Fatigue. I see that lot in my 70+ league. The guys still walking fade at 6 or 7th because the were parched. I try to hydrate at every hole like the pros do. After I turned 60 if I was walking 18 I'd start to play for a fade to adjust for tired legs.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  14. #8439
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    3,960

    Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

    I had one 3 putt on 5th hole.
    But overall, my short game was pretty good today.
    Of course, I couldnít tee off instead.
    Always gotta be something.

    I believe Iím 100% recovered from COVID.
    It has been two months since I ended quarantine.

    Lately itís been nearly impossible to get a tee time at Bethpage.
    NYC golf courses are still closed (Van Cortlandt, Trump Links at Ferry Point... etc), so handful open courses in Westchester and Long Island are super busy.
    Typically New York residents can book a tee time online at one of 5 courses at Bethpage a week prior at 7pm.
    Iíve tried 7pm sharp and tee times are literally disappearing within 30 seconds.

    Another way to get in is to wait for the cancellation in the middle of the night.
    You can cancel 3 hours before the tee time, so there are some tee times open up 12am to 2am among those whoís been staying up too late (drinking, like myself was) and wonít be able to make next morning tee times.

    I got my tee time at 2:30am, slept few hours and went out to play.

  15. #8440
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    7,435
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    First round of the year, I either:

    Play super well because I forgot all my bad habits from the previous season.

    or

    Forget how to play and manage to hit every miss-hit possible (Push Slice, Pull Slice, Shank, Duck hooks, pull hooks, thin shots, fat shots, etc)

    It's almost always the latter.
    So true. Someday I'll break that pattern. Yeah right...

    @Nutmeg - take a look at Somers National. It's right down the road from me so I play there sometimes. It's actually pretty affordable and plays like a real mountain course on 11 or 12 holes. Conditions are good for the price. If you want to go you could probably talk me into playing too,. I really need to get out a few times because I have a gift round coming to me at Centennial in Carmel, that's a tough course and way too expensive. Putnam National is a little pricey but the front nine is kickass and the back has 2 520+ par 5's and a few other fun "dog track" holes.

  16. #8441
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    12,426
    You want to play Brandon, I want to play Bethpage. If I can convince the wife to take the TJ to Maine on Rt 2 lets meet at Durand. RT Jones Sr. $31 with a cart.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  17. #8442
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    7,435
    Oh there's also a bunch of really old historic courses up this way with the oldest (still open) public course in the country, Dutcher in Pawling. There are things on that course that will blow your mind. There's a few other really fun ones too like the old Trent Jones Sr course at James Baird State Park. Any time you want a tour of some of these old courses lemme know, if I can get out I will. Maybe we'll call Aldo and get his ass up here

  18. #8443
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Presidio
    Posts
    1,433
    Third time to Bandon, I've played all but Ol Mac and now Sheep's Ranch. Will knock them all off this trip and couldn't be more excited, also staying on property for the first time.

  19. #8444
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    3,960
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    You want to play Brandon, I want to play Bethpage. If I can convince the wife to take the TJ to Maine on Rt 2 lets meet at Durand. RT Jones Sr. $31 with a cart.
    Rochester is far, far away, wooley!!!
    If you ever make it to Bethpage, Iíll make sure weíll get a tee time or two!!
    Black, of course!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    @Nutmeg - take a look at Somers National. It's right down the road from me so I play there sometimes. It's actually pretty affordable and plays like a real mountain course on 11 or 12 holes. Conditions are good for the price. If you want to go you could probably talk me into playing too,. I really need to get out a few times because I have a gift round coming to me at Centennial in Carmel, that's a tough course and way too expensive. Putnam National is a little pricey but the front nine is kickass and the back has 2 520+ par 5's and a few other fun "dog track" holes.
    I have played Somers National!
    Nice little (VERY tight) track.
    It was one of first few rounds right after COVID, so I had a hard time walking up and down all those hills.
    And what is up with that hairpin par 5???

    I just played Centennial Lakes and Meadows.
    Played okay on Lakes, got destroyed on Meadows.

    Love Putnam National.

    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Oh there's also a bunch of really old historic courses up this way with the oldest (still open) public course in the country, Dutcher in Pawling. There are things on that course that will blow your mind. There's a few other really fun ones too like the old Trent Jones Sr course at James Baird State Park. Any time you want a tour of some of these old courses lemme know, if I can get out I will. Maybe we'll call Aldo and get his ass up here
    I never played those tracks.
    Maybe you can show me around one of these days.

  20. #8445
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    3,960
    Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Third time to Bandon, I've played all but Ol Mac and now Sheep's Ranch. Will knock them all off this trip and couldn't be more excited, also staying on property for the first time.
    Canít wait to hear your TR!

  21. #8446
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,256
    Honeymoon phase with the Mizuno MP-20 MB blades and MMC combo. So far so good! Feel both more solid and about as soft as my MP-60s. Played 9 yesterday and had 4 birdie chances 8í or less and converted 2 of them...

  22. #8447
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,052
    Nutmeg, 44 for 9 holes is a decent score! Congrats, youíve made a lot of progress.

    I need to get back at it. Was getting all fired up, at least at the driving range, and then covid put a damper on it.

  23. #8448
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    crown of the continent
    Posts
    13,942
    Pretty stoked, a month in to working a couple days a week in outside services at a local club. I'm enjoying being able to get out on the course a bit, i have a lot to learn if I hope to get some caddy loops this summer. A couple of small tips from the assistants have my swing in great shape, for me anyways. Ordering some Mizuno Hot Metals w/Recoil shafts soon. It's going to be a great golf season!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

    Patterson Hood of the DBT's

  24. #8449
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    3,960
    Last round before boyfriendís (torn labrum) shoulder surgery.
    Lots of 3 putts but 5 pars saved the score card.
    Shot 46/47, 93.
    Friend got me some photos and videos.



    https://youtu.be/ZfsrU6aHFko

    https://youtu.be/OajYuwmMwCk

  25. #8450
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,414
    Very good! At .02 seconds you can see your wrists slightly break on takeaway. That is hard to recover from. Going past parallel at the top is ok (.03 sec). You are lucky to be that flexible but it does make it harder get your balance through impact. With driver you could work on your spine tilt so you are behind the ball. Overall, nothing really wrong with that swing. Enjoy!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •