Page 337 of 401 FirstFirst ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 10019
    What is it with this game? Played Thursday and was about to throw my clubs in the pond and then follow them in and drown myself. Couldn’t do anything right.

Played this evening and had the most consistent round I’ve ever played.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7407.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	328786

Almost put this one in for an ace.

Guess that what makes me keep coming back for more.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Checking in to this thread. I bought a membership this summer after a 15 year hiatus from the game. It feels good to be playing again and it’s the handful of good shots in a round that remind me what I used to enjoy about the game so much.

I have been getting some funny looks from folks regarding my ‘aged’ clubs. I’m still playing my same blades from highschool (mp-33’s) and driver that’s half the size of my buddies 3 wood. Perhaps I need to update my clubs but there is no better feeling in the world than hitting a blade pure.

My game needs a lot of work. At one point in my life I was playing at a 2 and the other day I was decently happy shooting a 78. I don’t have the ability to work shots like I used to but I think that will come back with a bit of time.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    Checking in to this thread. I bought a membership this summer after a 15 year hiatus from the game. It feels good to be playing again and it’s the handful of good shots in a round that remind me what I used to enjoy about the game so much.

I have been getting some funny looks from folks regarding my ‘aged’ clubs. I’m still playing my same blades from highschool (mp-33’s) and driver that’s half the size of my buddies 3 wood. Perhaps I need to update my clubs but there is no better feeling in the world than hitting a blade pure.

My game needs a lot of work. At one point in my life I was playing at a 2 and the other day I was decently happy shooting a 78. I don’t have the ability to work shots like I used to but I think that will come back with a bit of time.
    Nice!

No need to replace the 33s if you like them. One of the best irons ever made.

New driver...properly fitted...would help a lot. Tech has changed a ton
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Today’s golf balls aren’t really made for “working” it much.

You could keep 6-pw in the MP-33 and go from there. A lot of pros play a mixed iron set now. If you aren’t bagging at least one hybrid you’re missing a big advantage.

Also, measure your current driver shaft length. Don’t think you can just switch to a 45 inch driver with good result. Especially if you have a fast tempo.

I have been hitting the irons decently well, I’m not ready to make a change yet. I can certainly see the advantage of playing a mixed set though.

My update is mostly needed on the wood side. I need to spend some time hitting some different woods and hybrids. Hybrids weren’t even a thing when I was last playing. My current 2nd wood is a warbird 4 wood and that thing is pretty much a relic at this point.

ProV1x is the only ball I’ve played since it came out. Seems like the ProV is still the gold standard? No matter what other ball I play I prefer the ProV, especially around the greens.

It feels great to be playing again. I honestly don’t think I would have jumped back in but I moved into a home that’s within walking distance of two fantastic courses and a super affordable membership.

Bridgestone golf balls are pretty good.

Also. There are a lot of good drivers. Fitting helps narrow your choice but unless you can do a lot of testing and follow up it’s still a dice roll. You can get a 2-3 y/o titleist driver for $100. The average driver shaft length on PGA tour is 44.5. That means a lot are using less. Ricky Fowler is 43.5.

Taylormade and titleist make the best tour level balls. 1a and 1b for performance

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Taylormade and titleist make the best tour level balls. 1a and 1b for performance

Hard to beat the Pro Vs and the TP5s but I’ve done well with the Srixon Z Stars as well. About $20 a dozen cheaper.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    Hard to beat the Pro Vs and the TP5s but I’ve done well with the Srixon Z Stars as well. About $20 a dozen cheaper.
    Played tp5x last few years but checked out the AVX late summer last year and loved the lower flight, 2020 version claims to be even better with softer feel but haven't gotten mine in the mail yet from the buy 3 get 1 deal. Read a few articles last year on how Titleist's QC is light years ahead of everyone else's in how they test every ball that rolls off the line and that sold me after playing the AVX.

Decided to go for the season pass

Name:	20200519_003723.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	842.4 KB 
ID:	328981

Not sure how long this CC feel is going to last.

Name:	20200519_003801.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	328982

Stamford's red headed step child of a course. 😚

First place I was ever on skis.

This place was my second home for a long time. So sad.

The owners are horrible people that destroyed a community when they bought it. I know about a dozen people that live on the course and haven't been members for a while. Most of them were told they weren't welcome and the rest left on their own...it's so fucked up. The blaming of covid is disgusting....They're very wealthy and greedy...hated by everyone they've come in contact with around here.

This was the top destination for golf in the area.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com...m=upNextModule

That's a shame. The back(?) 9 was classic RTJ Sr. So many of the super wealthy seem to be insane narcissists. Golisano refusing to pay his school tax bill for South Bristol (pop. 876) because geese were pooping on his lakeside estate was classic.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    That's a shame. The back(?) 9 was classic RTJ Sr. So many of the super wealthy seem to be insane narcissists. Golisano refusing to pay his school tax bill for South Bristol (pop. 876) because geese were pooping on his lakeside estate was classic.
    Yeah...the 9 down in the woods in the gulleys was the back. Originally the front but switched in the 80s

Wish the courses here in Western Washington rotated the front and back 9's. Grass grows so well there is need to rest one side.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

First COVID round of golf: Fossil Trace in Golden. Shot an 80, my lowest round in 15 years, on this perfect 75° day. 20 mins between groups, everyone gets their own cart, and being out from Stay At Home made it so special.

Name:	IMG_9318.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	1,017.1 KB 
ID:	329276

Name:	IMG_9332.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	954.4 KB 
ID:	329277

This match at Medalist is the greatest golf event I've watched in a long time...just fantastic

Loved Sean Peyton’s tweet: “I like Florida Tom”.

Brady’s shitting the bed

Brady with the birdie from the fairway with Barkley giving him shit...classic GOAT.

Part of my new morning routine is watching the crew cut lines in the turf. I still haven't played a round yet, focused on other things.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Hope you are not in a landing zone.

200/250 from the tees, so right in slice alley. Surprised that we don't get more hits on the house. The house is too my left in that photo, so it provides protection to the patio.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Played Bethpage Red yesterday.
    Course was in fantastic shape.
    56/56, shot 102.

Sprain Lake (Westchester County Course) today.
    47/46, shot 93.
    (played gold tee which was 1,000 yard less than Bethpage forward tee)
    Tied my previous lowest.
    Still does too many 3 putts, missed birdies and should’ve been pars.
    Hope to break 90 this year.

Just getting back into it; shot 85 Chardonnay with old clubs. Will get new clubs worked on this week.

Name:	IMG_0701.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	172.9 KB 
ID:	329742

Home course finally got the Covid green light ( it's also a state park) on Friday. Playing so nice. 90 Friday. 82 today. Was holding up today +4 through 15 then I brought it in TRIPS TRIPS BOGES. No birds in the last 2 rounds so I am due!
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Brady with the birdie from the fairway with Barkley giving him shit...classic GOAT.
    That was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. I was almost in tears laughing. Chuck seeing how bad Brady was playing then deciding he wanted a piece of that in a match followed immediately by a floundering Brady hitting the shot of his life with backspin to hole out.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations