Page 323 of 326 FirstFirst ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,075 of 8142
    Little lesson in golf mechanics this week after I pulled my right groin bad.

I can't get through the ball with anything above a 5 iron. Driver is real bad.

It's amazing how much you depend on digging in/pushing off on the turn through the ball with the right leg on those clubs

Won our semifinal match last night but barely. I need to heal up by next week or I'll be a disaster off the tee still
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Looking into make this happen next year.
    Evidently twosomeís harder to book at the old course.
    Anyone played these courses the agent mentioned?

肉豆蔻崔

That looks awesome if you're also wanting to make it to the Open. I like the idea of going Thursday/Friday and watching TV coverage Sunday. Several of my friends in Portrush did exactly that last month and said it was perfect. I haven't played those courses but their reputations are solid. It wouldn't be my personal cup of tea because I hate both crowds and paying peak-season rates, I'd be going in October/November and spending a week at Dornoch, but that's just me...

Have a blast!!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    That looks awesome if you're also wanting to make it to the Open. I like the idea of going Thursday/Friday and watching TV coverage Sunday. Several of my friends in Portrush did exactly that last month and said it was perfect. I haven't played those courses but their reputations are solid. It wouldn't be my personal cup of tea because I hate both crowds and paying peak-season rates, I'd be going in October/November and spending a week at Dornoch, but that's just me...

Have a blast!!
    Thank you for the input, Tye!
    We are heading to Korea in late November so October or November would be a little two much back to back international trips.
    Also thought about spring but weatherís too unstable...
    肉豆蔻崔

Finally getting back into it semi-seriously after many years of ~.5 rounds a year average. Dad was a GM at a handful of clubs in the greater Boston area over the last 30 years. Got to play with him in Ithaca a few weeks back (my first time in over a year, had some awful holes, some OK holes, and got my first ever Birdie, on in 2 on a 475 yard par 5. Hell of a feeling. Played an exec course last night and I'm starting to get a hang of the clubs, distance, and the short game again. Goal for this fall is to break 100, never done that before.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Also thought about spring but weatherís too unstable...
    Are you talking about Scotland? There is no predictable weather. It could pour rain for days in July. I suppose the odds are better.

You two should think about a Bandon Dunes trip.

MacDermott and MacDuff were sitting in the clubhouse, in front of the fireplace on a raw, blustery day. The freezing rain was beating against the windows as their beards thawed out. Outside, the wind from the North Sea roared with gale force. The pair were silent for a long time over their whiskeys. Finally, MacDermott spoke, "That was quite a round of golf. Same time next Saturday ?" "Aye," MacDuff replied, "weather permitting
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Are you talking about Scotland? There is no predictable weather. It could pour rain for days in July. I suppose the odds are better.

You two should think about a Bandon Dunes trip.
    Bandon Dunes definitely on the list.
    Canít wait to see David McLay Kiddís layout.
    肉豆蔻崔

Conditions at yesterday's 4ball weren't conducive to shooting a score

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1539.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	292065
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1538.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	994.3 KB 
ID:	292064  
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Bandon Dunes definitely on the list.
    Canít wait to see David McLay Kiddís layout.
    On my list as well. Although we're lucky to have his Huntsman Springs design here in Driggs. Which is rebranding as 'Tributary' if you get any invitations, which would be worth considering. Spectacular links course only missing the sea.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Had finals match last night for league...4 weeks of playoffs (top 16 of 24 qualify) and came down to the 2 teams with the best golfers in a handicapped format believe it or not. Match play best ball

I had a good night and stepped on their throats when their better player was on. Two lengthy birdie putts over 3 hole stretch put them in a coffin. One of them was after my only bad tee shot...they were shook after that one. Shot even and left birdie putt hanging on the lip on 18.

My game is totally dialed right now. Worst round in past few weeks is 77. Club championship is in 2 weeks...I'm dead set on winning it this year...LFG!!

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Your fingerís alright now?
    Mine needs a minor hand surgery on September 9th.
    Will be out of the game for 2-4 weeks to recover.
    肉豆蔻崔

Your fingerís alright now?
    Mine needs a minor hand surgery on September 9th.
    Will be out of the game for 2-4 weeks to recover.
    Yep...completely fine.Doc said 6 weeks to heal...took 11 or 12

Lucky only 2-4 weeks. They told me 3 months recovery if mine didn't heal and I needed surgery

Well the idea of breaking 100 went well today, ended up shooting 85! Mediocre quality course in slc, had to play an assortment of holes to get nine, then played them again as they had a ton of ground under repair, oh well Iíll take it! Letís see if I can make it stick

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

42 on the back 9 at eastmoreland. 14 putts. trending...

Sent from my SM-J727V using TGR Forums mobile app

-3 thru 14 and ended up even today

I'll be in the garage with the car running...

Back in Kiawah Island, SC.

We made in but our clubs went to Charlotte. Playing with rentals at Cougar Point.
    Tripled last par 5, shot 48 front 9.

肉豆蔻崔

Shot the best 9 of my life on Saturday on a very tough track--37. Was even on the back (two birdies, two bogs) through 17, but hit my drive into the trees on 18. Saving bogey still felt pretty good. I don't feel like I played all that better on the back than the front (46), but, meh, that's golf. More rounds in the 80s this summer than in the rest of my life combined, so I guess I'm trending in the right direction. Alas, almost September.

365 Things To Do In Washington State

#237 - Have you played the Apple Island Green? Apple Tree Resort was carved from the rolling terrain of 100 year-old orchards in Yakima, Washington. The Apple Island Green is the 17th hole on the course, and its unique WA state inspired design makes it one of the most memorable shots that you’ll ever hit. (Photo via Apple Tree Golf Course)
    Yakima Valley

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Looking into make this happen next year.
    Evidently twosome’s harder to book at the old course.
    Anyone played these courses the agent mentioned?

I did that itinerary a couple years ago, sans The Old course and Gullane. Had the time of my life, you will too. I played really well at Berwick . I took money from two members, who showed me where to hit it. Also played well at Carnoustie, stellar front 9 but the driver, 4 iron back 9 wore me down. I did par 17, where a plaque says Watson didnt make par all four days when he won there. St Andrews New had got the better of me, but what a view into town coming in at the town, with views of the Old. Kingsbarns is unreal, I mean unreal. The 12th there is probably the coolest golf hole I have ever played.
    I would mention if you can go in Late September or Early October you have the best chances for Stable weather. I played in sunshine and still winds three or four of those rounds.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1429.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	292339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1429.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	292339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1473.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	424.4 KB 
ID:	292342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1488.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	409.5 KB 
ID:	292343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1513.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	292344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1394.jpg 
Size:	583.5 KB 
ID:	292338
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1398.jpg 
Size:	961.4 KB 
ID:	292337  

Also, can you get me on at Liberty National?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    365 Things To Do In Washington State

#237 - Have you played the Apple Island Green? Apple Tree Resort was carved from the rolling terrain of 100 year-old orchards in Yakima, Washington. The Apple Island Green is the 17th hole on the course, and its unique WA state inspired design makes it one of the most memorable shots that you’ll ever hit. (Photo via Apple Tree Golf Course)
    Yakima Valley

Island greens are always interesting, but that one is super cool. Looks like an elevated tee also. I'm good for at least one in the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Also, can you get me on at Liberty National?
    We are trying to get on at Liberty National! lol

Thanks for the input.
    The Idea is brewing and we are getting really excited.
    肉豆蔻崔

The Ocean Course.
    What a rugged beauty it is!
    Shot horrible but great to be back.

肉豆蔻崔