Page 322 of 401 FirstFirst ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 10019
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    So it would seem that you don't need to get any better, you need to get less bad. 2 triples to an 82. Two bogies to a 78.
    Tuesday throwdown. Was a little less bad today. Only 2 dubbles for an 80 (+9). Hit a $ tee shot on 18 and went for HERO status again. Wasn't a hero today but kept it to a booger on 18. I'm going to go lower.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Attachment 290480The guy who fitted me said I was a 42 Reg.
    Ha

For less than $200 on eBay you could replace those woods with good clubs that would completely change the game for you
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

You're right. The question is will I enjoy playing that game? I play the whites and don't think I'd like Driver/Wedge for 9 holes. I really need some new irons. I like the System 3000, forged with a bit of weight in the sole and behind the sweet spot. The groves are worn out from practicing. I'm a "feel" player even with the driver. I don't lack distance off the tee. Need more GIR's. And fewer 1 putts for par. Find me a set with a reg shaft at Chili for under $400.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Humble brag...I had a fucking night last night

2nd round of playoffs for league. Format is net best ball match play. We're the top team and played next best team...only had to give one stroke

I beat them on my own ball 2 and 1. My partner was a disaster

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

That's what partners are for.

I do miss playing competitive 4 ball with a regular partner.

Yesterday I was a volunteer assistant at a golf clinic for the kids in juvenile detention. 10-12 kids at a time who have never swung a golf club hitting off carpeted plywood mats on the soccer field. The kids were glad to be outside and the HS golf coach that runs it keeps it light and moving along. I really enjoy interacting one on one with the kids and expectations are kept low. Today is Old Farts and Dinner League night. I'm working on increasing my club head speed by decreasing my back swing and swing speed. A mental challenge as much as physical.

Took my Presidents Cup Semi's match. Shot a 79 on a different course (+8 here). Started +3 after the first 2 holes. Won 5 and 3. My opponent was a little peeved that I broke 80 with a 13 handicap. On to the Quarters.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

For WITB, I have a way too nice set that I don’t deserve for my skill level.
    I’m just trying to be a golfer can use these clubs for their potential.

M6 driver with M2 women’s shaft.
    M4 fairway wood with the original shaft. (old)
    Just got fitted with Ping G410 fairway wood with Accra FX 100 Driver shaft. (new)

Ping G410 4 hybrid 22 with Accra 60i shaft.
    Ping G400 5 hybrid 26 with Accra 60i shaft.
    Ping G410 6 hybrid 30 with Accra 60i shaft.

PXG 1st gen XF P, 7-9 iron with Accra 60i shaft.

Titleist Vokey 50, 56 and 60 wedges with Accra 60i shaft.

Scotty Cameron Coronado putter with original shaft.

All finished with Golf Pride grips.
    Use Titleist Pro V1 ball since I don’t lose ball much anymore.

Costed fortune to custom fit all these.
    Will be using for many years now.

I've gone 60 years with 3 sets of clubs. So you're good.

I've gone 60 years with 3 sets of clubs. So you're good.
    This is my second set since 2016.
    I have 57 years to go to get the third if I can make it that long.

Ha, your journey will be different than mine. I still have my first set. Aluminum shafts cut 1 3/4" short of standard. Forged blades. Once a year I put the 7 iron in the bag and hit one 130-40 yd shot. Then I put it away until next year. I should probably change the grips. They are harder than the shafts.

My dad played golf back in 70’s in Korea.
    I have memories of following him to driving range and tried to swing his clubs.
    If my parents put me in golf lessons instead of piano, ballet and art classes, I often wonder what would’ve happened.
    I guess better late then never but starting at age 44 I have a lot to catch up and having so much fun doing it.

Squeezed out 11 holes after work yesterday.

Saxon Woods Golf Club.

8th hole, 323 par 4.
    Elevated fairway.
    Girlfriend (12 handicap) on the left and I’m on the right.
    One of better drive of the day.

10th hole, 407 Women’s par 5.
    3 shot on the green, putted and made a birdie.

Going to play after work with the same partner, at the same course.
    It’ll be interesting to compare the score from yesterday to today.

Little lesson in golf mechanics this week after I pulled my right groin bad.

I can't get through the ball with anything above a 5 iron. Driver is real bad.

It's amazing how much you depend on digging in/pushing off on the turn through the ball with the right leg on those clubs

Won our semifinal match last night but barely. I need to heal up by next week or I'll be a disaster off the tee still

Looking into make this happen next year.
    Evidently twosome’s harder to book at the old course.
    Anyone played these courses the agent mentioned?

That looks awesome if you're also wanting to make it to the Open. I like the idea of going Thursday/Friday and watching TV coverage Sunday. Several of my friends in Portrush did exactly that last month and said it was perfect. I haven't played those courses but their reputations are solid. It wouldn't be my personal cup of tea because I hate both crowds and paying peak-season rates, I'd be going in October/November and spending a week at Dornoch, but that's just me...

Have a blast!!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    That looks awesome if you're also wanting to make it to the Open. I like the idea of going Thursday/Friday and watching TV coverage Sunday. Several of my friends in Portrush did exactly that last month and said it was perfect. I haven't played those courses but their reputations are solid. It wouldn't be my personal cup of tea because I hate both crowds and paying peak-season rates, I'd be going in October/November and spending a week at Dornoch, but that's just me...

Have a blast!!
    Thank you for the input, Tye!
    We are heading to Korea in late November so October or November would be a little two much back to back international trips.
    Also thought about spring but weather’s too unstable...

Finally getting back into it semi-seriously after many years of ~.5 rounds a year average. Dad was a GM at a handful of clubs in the greater Boston area over the last 30 years. Got to play with him in Ithaca a few weeks back (my first time in over a year, had some awful holes, some OK holes, and got my first ever Birdie, on in 2 on a 475 yard par 5. Hell of a feeling. Played an exec course last night and I'm starting to get a hang of the clubs, distance, and the short game again. Goal for this fall is to break 100, never done that before.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Also thought about spring but weather’s too unstable...
    Are you talking about Scotland? There is no predictable weather. It could pour rain for days in July. I suppose the odds are better.

You two should think about a Bandon Dunes trip.

MacDermott and MacDuff were sitting in the clubhouse, in front of the fireplace on a raw, blustery day. The freezing rain was beating against the windows as their beards thawed out. Outside, the wind from the North Sea roared with gale force. The pair were silent for a long time over their whiskeys. Finally, MacDermott spoke, "That was quite a round of golf. Same time next Saturday ?" "Aye," MacDuff replied, "weather permitting

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Are you talking about Scotland? There is no predictable weather. It could pour rain for days in July. I suppose the odds are better.

You two should think about a Bandon Dunes trip.
    Bandon Dunes definitely on the list.
    Can’t wait to see David McLay Kidd’s layout.

Conditions at yesterday's 4ball weren't conducive to shooting a score

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1539.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	292065
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1538.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	994.3 KB 
ID:	292064  

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Bandon Dunes definitely on the list.
    Can’t wait to see David McLay Kidd’s layout.
    On my list as well. Although we're lucky to have his Huntsman Springs design here in Driggs. Which is rebranding as 'Tributary' if you get any invitations, which would be worth considering. Spectacular links course only missing the sea.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Had finals match last night for league...4 weeks of playoffs (top 16 of 24 qualify) and came down to the 2 teams with the best golfers in a handicapped format believe it or not. Match play best ball

I had a good night and stepped on their throats when their better player was on. Two lengthy birdie putts over 3 hole stretch put them in a coffin. One of them was after my only bad tee shot...they were shook after that one. Shot even and left birdie putt hanging on the lip on 18.

My game is totally dialed right now. Worst round in past few weeks is 77. Club championship is in 2 weeks...I'm dead set on winning it this year...LFG!!