Page 312 of 401 FirstFirst ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 10025
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Fitter cut good few inches off of my putter.
    No wonder I looked like I was putting with borrowed putter.

Tuesday is confirmed.
    I’m in it to win it.
    Eeeeeeek!!!

Won’t be able to practice or play over the weekend since I’ll be in Charleston watching other ladies’ playing.
    Maybe I’ll play on Monday after work and work on some last minute stuff.

Any word of advice???!!!
    relax. you'll be great.

I know and I tried 3/4 swing to compensate which wasn’t going so well.
    That’s the game. 3/4 knockdown swing is how you score.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That's the shot I used on the outhouse. 3/4 Knock down 5. I hit a few hundred in practice first.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(2).JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	741.4 KB 
ID:	284276

Name:	Great shot birdseye crop.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	284277
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    That’s the game. 3/4 knockdown swing is how you score.

So true. Especially with wedges

My finger isn't healing but I seem to have figured out how to manage it. It kills on the range and for the first few holes...struggle to grip the club without pain...then it gets better and doesn't really bother me.

Last night I was +6 after 3 holes. Then finger loosened up and I went -3 on last 6 to finish +3. Next week I'm going to hit balls on the range until it loosens up so I don't have to battle on first few holes. I'd been only hitting a few balls on the range,thinking I should minimize my swings to rest the finger, but the opposite seems to be working.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Under normal conditions from 120yds I’d hit anything from 8-pw. I choke way down on driver to hit 200 yard shape shots depending how my swing is that day.

If you are precise enough with your yardages filling a ten yard gap with a different club might save you half stroke a round or Less especially a middle iron.

With bad back I replaced 6 iron with 27 degree hybrid. My distances and traj are way off 6i but it will only take a few rounds to figure it out. I like the hybrid club a lot better. So easy to hit.

Clubs that I have used to hit less than 100 yds. to the green depending on the shot- 3W, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW. The 3W was 40 yds, uphill from under a tree. Against a stiff wind. Ended up 5' off the back so I guess I should practice that one more.

In the beginning when the a wood was made of wood and before I developed any real "feel" for it, for shots under 100 yds. I used a PW and had 3 or 4 different backswing lengths. I would picture a clock and take my left arm back to 8, 9, 10 or 11 o' clock position. Today inside of 100 it throws me off if someone wants to scope and give me an exact yardage. I suppose that with practice that would work for me but as my teen daughter would say to me "I am me and you are not me."

40-60 yd shot is the most difficult shot for me to be precise with distance control. I'm going to practice it on the course a lot more this year.

Distance control (for everything but 40-60 yds) and length off the tee have always been my strengths. Seems like 40-60 yd shot is weak point for a lot of solid golfers

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Clubs that I have used to hit less than 100 yds. to the green depending on the shot- 3W, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW. The 3W was 40 yds, uphill from under a tree. Against a stiff wind. Ended up 5' off the back so I guess I should practice that one more.
    Reminds me of when a journalist asked Johnny Miller what club he hits 100 yards. "All of them" he replied. Guy said "I'm not sure you understand my question". Johnny: "I'm not sure you understood my answer" and went through his bag hitting each 100 yards...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Distance control. Longish drive (for me) on the #1 HC hold left me at 127. Came up 1 ball short. Wouldn't have gone in anyway as I pushed the shot a little right. Made the putt.

Name:	KIMG1205.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	284414

Noice shot kid

Thanks. Happens about every 100 holes or so. Go figure. That was one of the 3-4 quality quality swings on that 9. Good feeling to take dead aim, swing easy and hit a shot that comes off just as I visualized it.

the boy and i went to colwood par 3 to play 9 while we waited for mom to arrive from china. the flight was delayed and we ended up playing 36. he's a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    the boy and i went to colwood par 3 to play 9 while we waited for mom to arrive from china. the flight was delayed and we ended up playing 36. he's a stud.
    Awesome

Golfing with my son is incredible. I never did much stuff like that with my dad, so it's so much better

Awesome

Golfing with my son is incredible. I never did much stuff like that with my dad, so it's so much better

Awesome

Going back to the wedge talk...

Just saw the WITB for Cantlay's victory. He uses a 54 AND a 56.

I've never seen gaps that close before

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Awesome

he's the best part of my life. he's developing similar attitudes toward golf and skiing as me and will surely be better than me in both in a matter of years. i love him and it is all happening too fast.

back to wedge talk, i am now hitting my 56 sw about 80-85 and my 52 about 95-100 and it's a different world. i expect to break 90 with some consistency this summer the way things are evolving. i'm more excited about the game than ever.

45-47:92 with a 10 on par 4 17. started on 11 with a birdie, 2 over through 6 holes, and everything went sideways on 17. still happy i fought back and had a chance to break 90. 6 1 putts, a couple solid 95 -100y 52w, some good drives and hybrids and 5i. i'm excited. i'm striking the ball better than ever with my irons. i have a serviceable drive, my short game is probably my strength and i am a reliable putter. i'm finally starting to make some 6-12' putts to make birdie or par or save bogey. today i had 6 1-putts, 32 total, with several lip outs, no 3-putts and a disaster 4 putt on 17.

i have had 2 good chances in 2 weeks to shoot between 85-88. came up short with 89 and 92 but my range of scores has definitely dropped. should be a good summer. i haven't set a goal but with a 39, a 42 and some 43s i feel 85 is not out of the question. i feel like 80 isn't impossible as time goes on. my perception of the game and my ability to play it is evolving and i think once i am more accustomed to expecting birdie chances and avoiding 8s, 9s, and 10s, the more consistently low my scores will be.

i guess the way i played it was 47-45

Yesterday tournament was a success.
    Sunny, mid 60’s with some breeze.
    I was so nervous before the event but once it started I was able to enjoy the weather, the beautiful course and my team players.
    There were 4 of us (3 18-20 handicap players) in Four Ball format.
    Each hole one of us stepped up and we end up taking the 4th place (I even contributed few holes!).

Not the prettiest swing I swung but got the job done.

https://youtu.be/m77FUd2rUUk

https://youtu.be/fPDB8rl-p00

Beautiful course.

Beautiful course.

Yeah, it really was.
    Designed by Tillinghast who also designed Baltusrol and Winged Foot which's literally next door.
    Pin placements were nasty mostly right next to deep bunkers and the tiny greens were super fast.
    I think I found at least 8 of those bunkers.

Not the prettiest swing
    Swing is fine. Contact still a bit heavy and high on the face. Maybe chase your finish down the line a bit more to end high facing the target. Your turn to finish is good!
    Last edited by 4matic; 06-05-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Swing is fine. Contact still a bit heavy and high on the face. Maybe chase your finish down the line a bit more to end high facing the target. Your turn to finish is good!
    Yeah, I’m still struggling with the contact.
    I may hit crisp, sweet spot with iron one out of ten.
    Hybrids, fairway wood and driver get a little better chance.
    More holes in, all my bad habits come out (lifting upper body during the back swing, back swing gets bigger, take eyes off of the ball... etc) and my focus gets hazy.
    Golf is so hard and that’s what makes it so addictive!!!
    Last edited by nutmegchoi; 06-05-2019 at 02:05 PM.