Invite for May 5 stream restoration tree planting project - western new jersey

Hey all, I am helping the NYC Trout Unlimited chapter out as their conservation chair. I have put on two projects over the past couple years to plant trees as buffers for some of our best trout fisheries in New Jersey. Its totally win/win...the landowners win, water is cleaner so those downstream win, its a fun day out in the country, and of course the fishers win as well. The current project I could use help with is at 9am Saturday May 5 near Washington NJ (northwest part of state). The larger project has been to remove a manmade lake from the Pohatcong Creek which has been silted over as a result. The creek is already one of the best native brown fisheries in NJ and will be even better after we plant 500 native trees and shrubs around the banks to start restoring the old lakebed.

If you want to come out and lend a hand, please PM me for details. I've learned that schoolkids need community service hours these days even if they are good. I will sign off on hours if you have any kids who want to join the cause too.

thanks!

Pete
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Bump for a good cause. i have 8-10 volunteers but can always use one more and it would be cool to meet more mags. if this sweetens the deal, bring your fly rod, there is good water nearby
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.